Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > seeking betas for a completed YA sci-fi/fantasy

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.A. (last edited May 08, 2014 02:21PM) (new)

S.A. Klopfenstein (saklopfenstein) | 7 comments Hey, I am looking for beta readers for my YA sci-fi/fantasy novel THE LINGERING SHADOW, complete at 99,000 (about the same length as The Hunger Games, for an idea of how long it will take to read).

Here is the pitch:

Taylor Grey never desired another world, or adventure, or life / death stakes. She was content with her peaceful life in Ocean City, the beacon of the New World, before her mother and sister died under strange and unexplainable circumstances. Taylor always suspected that their deaths were not a “random, isolated occurrence” as she was told.

When a mysterious young man named Rogue enters Taylor’s life, it triggers a series of events that draws her into a hidden “other world,” and perhaps, the true answer behind their deaths. When flying hunters come after Taylor, looking for her “dead” mother, Taylor and Rogue find themselves thrown together into the middle of an ancient struggle between societies from the Old World, deviant experiments, and supernatural beings. And they all think that Taylor is the key to it all.

I am preparing the MS for querying, and am looking for feedback on the novel as a whole, more like a professional review than a line-by-line workshop. I've got people who've helped me with that already, and it is a very clean and polished manuscript.

If you're interested, give me an email address. I can send in PDF or eBook format.

Cheers!
Stephen Andrew

Web: stephenandrewbooks.wordpress.com
Twitter: @guardiangrey

message 2: by Bryce (new)

Bryce (novelstosong) | 6 comments I would love to read your book! My email is jennie.davis68m@comcast.net

message 3: by Paulina (new)

Paulina Romero (promero95) I am definitely interested! My email is pauromero24@hotmail.com

Please make the subject of the email be: Beta Reader The Lingering Shadow

I usually read ebooks on iBook.

message 4: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Klopfenstein (saklopfenstein) | 7 comments Thank you for your interest! I've sent to your email addresses

message 5: by Husnaa (new)

Husnaa  (xohusnaaxo) | 48 comments This book sounds amazing and definitely something I would love. Please email me at: hhassam13@hotmail.com

message 6: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Klopfenstein (saklopfenstein) | 7 comments Thanks Husnaa, I've sent to your email