Rothfussians discussion

KKC Theories > Random Theory about Amyr *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brendan (last edited May 02, 2014 08:20AM) (new)

Brendan | 2 comments What if the Amyr/Ruach are people that we have already met, and they are protecting Kvothe for some reason. There are a few of them listed, and it seems to fit descriptions of characters we know:

Values Justice - Lorren?
Burns - Kilvan?
Lost 2 husbands - Denna or Devi?
Not speak hard words - Skarpi?
Hundred Suitors - Devi or Denna?
Laughed easily - Elodin?
14-16, killed swiftly - could fit Devi again
Bright gold ribbons - Auri
Anger, bright eyes - Ben?

message 2: by Zach (new)

Zach | 29 comments Where did you get those descriptions?

message 3: by Brendan (new)

Brendan | 2 comments http://kkc.wikia.com/wiki/Ruach

They were in the Name of the Wind, in Skarpi's story

message 4: by Amber, Master Sympathist (new)

Amber (ivorydoom) | 1471 comments Mod
Ruach are a race, Amyr are a faction.

The first Amyr were likely Ruach, which we can devise from Felurian, are not mortals. The Amyr that followed were likely mortal factions and offshoots of the original ideology.

But for sake of discussion, we know Elodin isn't one since he's been at the university since he was basically a child and grown up in an apparently normal time span.

We will likely find out more about someone like Auri shortly, when the novella is released.

message 5: by Eris (new)

Eris | 7 comments A random theory...

What if you had to change, to be an amyr? I mean what if you had to become something more Then mortal. Which would explain, why Felurian said, that the amyr Never were human.

That would explain, why the People which are speculated to be Amyr allways seem to be strange.

Lorren, who is, as if he s allways in the cold Heart, Elodin who is crazy, puppet, who has Talents, maybe Auri...

In my imagination Skarpi is the old beggar out of the Story, which Kvothe told sim and wilem, when they once were drunk.

Sorry for my Bad english.

message 6: by Eris (new)

Eris | 7 comments A random theory...

What if you had to change, to be an amyr? I mean what if you had to become something more Then mortal. Which would explain, why Felurian said, that the amyr Never were human.

That would explain, why the People which are speculated to be Amyr allways seem to be strange.

Lorren, who is, as if he s allways in the cold Heart, Elodin who is crazy, puppet, who has Talents, maybe Auri...

In my imagination Skarpi is the old beggar out of the Story, which Kvothe told sim and wilem, when they once were drunk.

Sorry for my Bad english.