Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Lorraine's April reads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Destroyer Angel: An Anna Pigeon Novel by Nevada Barr
Anna, sets off on an autumn canoe trip with her friends and their daughters. On their second night out,
Anna goes off on her own for a solo evening float on the Fox River. When she returns,she finds that four thugs have taken her companions captive.. With limited resources and no access to the outside world,
Anna has only two days to rescue her friends.
A very dark and violent book.
Very tense.

The Kill Room: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel by Jeffery Deaver
Lincoln investigates the murder of an American citizen who was targeted by the U.S. Government
and assassinated in the Bahamas.
Rhyme actually travels to the Bahamas to pursue the killer.
A good read.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14297 comments Lorraine -great minds think alike! I read Destroyer Angel in April too! It was very dark and violent. How interesting that Lincoln Rhyme travels tho the Bahamas for The Kill Room. I'll have to search it out!
Brakedrum wrote: "Destroyer Angel: An Anna Pigeon Novel by Nevada Barr.
The Kill Room: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel by Jeffery Deaver
Lincoln investigates the murder of an American citizen who was targeted by the U.S. Government
and assassinated in the Bahamas.
Rhyme actually travels to the Bahamas to pursue the killer.

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7808 comments I haven't read a Lincoln Rhyme book in years. Wonder why I stopped, I used to love them. I think one of the stories turned me off, but can't remember which. Or maybe it was the movie starring Denzel Washington as Rhymes and Angelina Jolie as his protegee. Talk about bad casting.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14297 comments Carol: I finally watched that movie not too long ago. :) I am behind on the Lincoln Rhyme series too, for me I think it was one too many twist that took me from "hmm, the case is solved and I am only half-way through, to yikes what are these twists?" (Plural twists)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "I haven't read a Lincoln Rhyme book in years. Wonder why I stopped, I used to love them. I think one of the stories turned me off, but can't remember which. Or maybe it was the movie starring .."

message 5: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2965 comments I am current on the Rhymes, but Deaver is another who will put in a twist for the sake of a twist. He is good at it though.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I used to like reading his books, but they are getting to gory for me :(