Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > New book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments already on goodreads, although i updated the info and cover:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments scratch that, i couldn't figure out if your cover pic was from an accepted source, so i used one from stanford library instead.

message 3: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments i did all my searches by ISBN, not by title or author. however, i did note that Augusto Fraschetti is the editor and should be listed as primary, so I've edited the GR entry accordingly. as for the cover, i can only take images from accepted sources, e.g. Amazon, Worldcat, or scanned copies of personally owned books from users.

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments i don't know what to tell you. the version we have here IS in italian. it DOES have Giardina as a contributor, while Fraschetti is the primary author, which i've edited Goodreads to include. this is confirmed by worldcat here:

http://www.worldcat.org/title/roma-al...

i wouldn't be surprised if the cover image i found was actually for the inside front page, but it's the only image i could access that was legally acceptable to use on Goodreads. if you could confirm the provenance of the cover image you uploaded, i could make an alternate cover edition with that instead, but other than that, there's not much i can do.

message 5: by Moloch (last edited May 07, 2014 12:52AM) (new)

Moloch | 2670 comments Z-squared wrote: "i don't know what to tell you. the version we have here IS in italian. it DOES have Giardina as a contributor, while Fraschetti is the primary author, which i've edited Goodreads to include. this..."

The actual image is not the cover but certainly the inside front page, I can tell you that.

Do we keep it or I delete it?

Unfortunately the cover is not on Amazon or on the publisher's site. If Moira can scan it, we can upload that

message 6: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I couldn't find an actual cover image from any acceptable source. I figured the inside front page displayed by a couple university library catalogs was better than nothing, especially as it helps clear up the author/editor mess. So unless an honest-to-god scanned image is uploaded, I'm inclined to leave it unless Rivka says otherwise.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41028 comments Mod
Z-squared wrote: "I figured the inside front page displayed by a couple university library catalogs was better than nothing, especially as it helps clear up the author/editor mess."

Agreed. I added a Note to make that clear, in case anyone ever has a scan of the actual cover.

message 8: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 2670 comments Ok, thanks