Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Atlas
This topic is about Atlas
Author Resource Round Table > ACX (Audiobooks)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Benjamin Smith (b3n_r_5mith) | 61 comments So, about two months ago, I started toying around with ACX (CreateSpace.com's audiobook creation site). I found a great producer and just got my first 15 minutes back. Anybody in this forum have any good tips on what I can do to fill the time between now and the project's completion?

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments I'm actually going to be looking into it this summer. Hope it's easy to use.

message 3: by Rhoda (new)

Rhoda D'Ettore (RhodaDEttore) | 73 comments Market the crap out of your book, and start writing another one. Depending on the length of the book, it could take weeks to a month or more. I have one audiobook completed, and two in production. I can tell you that ACX has some really strict rules about the editing of the audio--- they require it to be in mono, in some weird format that only their system does. My one producer had to re-record most of the book, and the second one is now trying to do that with her book.

As far as your end, there is nothing for you to do at all--- you just wait, listen to a chapter at a time, and message them about changes wanted. Keep the momentum up about the book... post "coming soon to audiobook".

Justin.... if you scroll down my website link below, you will find a "How to use ACX" article I wrote with step by step instructions.

http://www.rhodadettore.com/for-writers

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments Sweet, Thanks Rhoda!