Books on the Nightstand discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Announcements > I am a horrible writer

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donjc (new)

Donjc | 5 comments Can you guys help me to figure it out if my grammar is way off here's the novel I wrote www.booksie.com/donjc9
Because I think my novel has a good story but has a bad grammar. Please any comments will help me to improve myself. Thank you very much

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric | 1175 comments Mod
Sheesh!

message 3: by Donjc (new)

Donjc | 5 comments What do you think guys. Do my grammar is horrible or fine?

message 4: by Donjc (new)

Donjc | 5 comments Eric wrote: "Sheesh!"

do you think it's a bad grammar?

message 5: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 89 comments Let me be perfectly honest with you. Judging by the grammar in your posts, I think it's safe to say that your grammar is poor. I took a look at your profile, and I see that you've only been in this country since 2010. I commend you on your attempt to master English in such a short amount of time. I don't know where you're from, but I guarantee that I wouldn't be trying to write a novel in your language after such a short time.

I would recommend that you take some classes at your local community college. They'll give you a test to place you in appropriate English classes. Then, you'll be able to work on grammar and composition. You'll be able to take creative writing classes to get feedback on your work. And, you'll be able to take literature classes to learn what makes a great story.

Community colleges a phenomenal resource. They are designed to be affordable to everyone. If you sign up today, you may even be able to take classes this summer.

message 6: by Donjc (new)

Donjc | 5 comments thank you very much for the honest comment, I also can tell my grammar is very poor, since I only write simple words in my novel. Right now I am writing 121 at PCC, but I have one last question, is my novel understandable? Or do I need more fancy words to attache in a paragraph. Because I heard that my novel is boring to read, but the story is good.
http://www.booksie.com/users/index.html check this link and please read some of it. Thank you very much for your time

message 7: by Donjc (new)

Donjc | 5 comments check What I wrote

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (akingman) | 2097 comments Mod
I'm going to close this thread. This is not a critique group, and the original poster would be better off finding an appropriate Goodreads group to help him.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.