12. 206 Bones (2009)
13. Spider Bones (2010)
aka Mortal Remains
14. Flash and Bones (2011)
15. Bones Are Forever (2012)
15.5. Bones In Her Pocket (2013)
16. Bones of the Lost (2013)
17. Bones Never Lie (2014)
Deja Dead / Death Du Jour (omnibus) (2004)
Bones: Buried Deep (2006) (with Max Allan Collins)

Virals
1. Virals (2010)
2. Seizure (2011)
2.5. Shift (2013) (with Brendan Reichs)
3. Code (2013) (with Brendan Reichs)
3.5. Swipe (2013) (with Brendan Reichs)
4. Exposure (2014) (with Brendan Reichs)

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 14 comments I lovee reichs

message 3: by Skye (new)

Skye | 9 comments I got one of her books and for some reason, I couldn't get into it.

message 4: by Beverley (new)

Beverley Jones I've never tried her but I know she s very popular. Do I really need to start with the first temperance Brennan or could I jump in in the middle? What are the virals ones about? Is that a different genre?

message 5: by Skye (last edited Apr 12, 2015 06:01AM) (new)

Skye | 9 comments Beverley: I did try to read her because I like Bones; however, I spent too much time comparing/contrasting her with Patricia Cornwell.

message 6: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Phelps (kl_phelps) | 4 comments Skye wrote: "I got one of her books and for some reason, I couldn't get into it."

ditto I've tried twice and failed to get pulled into. I usually give a book/author 3 chances before giving up. I'm not sure why some books/authors click and some don't. I find it particularly vexing when so many people I know enjoy an author that I just can't connect with ... makes me think something must be wrong with me, lol

message 7: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 1 comments I read Bones Never Lie. I thought it was good. But I haven't had a chance to read much of the other Temperance Brennan books yet.

message 8: by Beverley (new)

Beverley Jones K.L. wrote: "Skye wrote: "I got one of her books and for some reason, I couldn't get into it."

ditto I've tried twice and failed to get pulled into. I usually give a book/author 3 chances before giving up. I'm..."

I remember reading a couple of the Cornwell's years ago, not long after they first came out and have since thought Reichs seemed a bit similar, wondering what they might have to say that hasn't already been 'done' by PC. But I guess there's only one way to find out!

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra I've read 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs. She uses lots of technical terms but the story is easy to follow. I haven't read any others in the series, so I can't say if they're as exciting as this book was.

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments I used to love her books but think I overdosed on them as they start to merge into one

message 11: by Tom (new)

Tom | 10 comments I have read a number of them and not in order. There are a couple recurring characters, like her ex and her boyfriend but not to hard to figure out the relationships. Since then I have become a touch obsessive about reading in order. Haven't read Cornwell so I can't comment on that

message 12: by Marc (new)

Marc Diepstraten | 1 comments I've read a couple by Kathy Reichs and only The Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell. Based on this, I like Kathy Reichs a whole lot more. The tv- show Bones is nothing compared to the books; the books are very different and far better.

message 13: by CL (new)

CL (cljones) | 5 comments I have read every book and love the Temperance Brennan character. I do have to say her latest books are not as engaging as her earlier books but I wonder if it is hard to come up with so much new material now that she is a collaborator on the TV series based on Temperance Brennan. You can read them in order or alone.

message 14: by Tom (new)

Tom | 10 comments All this talk of Reichs I started Monday Mourning last night!

message 15: by Helen (new)

Helen | 1 comments Started reading her book Deja Dead. Never seen Bones the TV show but wanted to start watching it. Until I found out there's books based on it. Am very big on reading the books before watching anything. As books always seem better to me. Nearly finished this book and picked up the next one today. Really enjoying it :)

message 16: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (kristismo-drrhonda) | 27 comments The show is terrible. The books ok. No relation. I think you can read and watch and would not see a relationship between the two
Dr Rbonda

message 17: by stephanie, MOD (new)

stephanie | 1341 comments Mod
SPOIL ALERT....SPOIL ALERT....SPOIL ALERT.....

The Filler book for May is by Kathy Reichs,,please see...

message 18: by Tom (new)

Tom | 10 comments Helen the books have absolutely nothing to do with the TV show. Only Temperance Brennan's name is the same. Unlike Dr. Rhonda I love the show, well loved it in the beginning, seemed to have lost interest lately. I think I like the TV show because I find Temperance to be a little more likeable on TV. In the books she comes across as pompous, at least to me.

message 19: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Phelps (kl_phelps) | 4 comments Tom wrote: "Helen the books have absolutely nothing to do with the TV show. Only Temperance Brennan's name is the same. Unlike Dr. Rhonda I love the show, well loved it in the beginning, seemed to have lost ..."

I liked the show when it started, haven't seen in several season, but Temperance annoyed me a bit. I know she was very cerebral, but her ignorance to everyday things was WAY overboard. It's one thing not to be a part of the 'every man' experience, but she didn't grow up isolated in a box. her 'I don't understand that means' thing was t times well, for lack of a better word, stupid. If you grew up on neptune then yes maybe some of the things wouldn't make sense, but you grew up in America, planet earth, and while you may have spent most of your years living in a book, life was taking place around you and SOME of that normal world stuff would have seeped in.

message 20: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell I love the Temperance Brennan books. Have read a few of them and really must read some more

message 21: by Rosa (new)

Rosa | 17 comments I totally agree..Temparance Brennan, the character in the books, is versatile and she always manages to get the bad guy with her partner Ryan of course :)

message 22: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Phelps (kl_phelps) | 4 comments Kandis wrote: "I have only read the first two books in the Bones series. The first one was ok, and I doubted I'd read any more. After giving it a second chance, I enjoyed the second book much more and am looking ..."

I was wondering how the Virals series was, thanks for the heads up.

message 23: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell Have just finished Bones of the Lost couldn't put it down, but I find that with all her books I've read

message 24: by Matt (new)

Matt (mmullerm) I had an opportunity to meet Kathy Reichs a couple years ago but missed it because I didn't know anything about her at the time. She was at a literary festival in my state and I had gone to see Terry Brooks (my fav author) who was also there. I definitely need to try out some of Mrs. Reich's books! I missed out on that one!

message 25: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Schneider (jaschneider) Skye wrote: "I got one of her books and for some reason, I couldn't get into it."

I had the same reaction. The writing's cold, emotionally flat. We seem to be the only ones...

message 26: by Chris (new)

Chris | 676 comments J.A. wrote: "Skye wrote: "I got one of her books and for some reason, I couldn't get into it."

I had the same reaction. The writing's cold, emotionally flat. We seem to be the only ones..."

I think you have to be in a frame of mind to get into any authors writing. There are some authors that I just loved but now have have the eh attitude if I ever read him again. These are authors that are writing books back to back without any thought to them. They all seem the same except the names and places are different.

message 27: by K.L. (last edited Jul 29, 2016 02:56PM) (new)

K.L. Phelps (kl_phelps) | 4 comments Chris wrote: "J.A. wrote: "Skye wrote: "I got one of her books and for some reason, I couldn't get into it."

I had the same reaction. The writing's cold, emotionally flat. We seem to be the only ones..."

I thi..."

couldn't agree more about frame of mind, Chris. Stephen King's Bag of Bones is one of my favorite books, but I had to start the book 3 times before I finally got into it. For some reason it just wasn't clicking with me the first two times I tried it.

message 28: by Dave (new)

Dave Barlow | 1 comments I heard of the other day and it seems like my type of thing. Trying to get one of her books on readitswapit (UK based book swap site) so hopefully will read her soon!

message 29: by Andre (new)

Andre Gonzalez (andregonzalez) Awesome...didn't realize this thread was here. I just started with Deja Dead and love it! I look forward to reading the Tempe Brennan series as I love the show Bones as well!!

message 30: by Chris (new)

Chris | 676 comments Andre wrote: "Awesome...didn't realize this thread was here. I just started with Deja Dead and love it! I look forward to reading the Tempe Brennan series as I love the show Bones as well!!"

Read the book and I have 1 or 2 on shelf still to read. Never sat down to watch bones though. There are so many authors out there that is is hard to stick to just 1.

message 31: by Sheridan (new)

Sheridan Jones I absolutely love the series. I have read all but the last one Speaking in Bones. I actually bought it yesterday.

message 32: by Chris (new)

Chris | 676 comments Sheridan wrote: "I absolutely love the series. I have read all but the last one Speaking in Bones. I actually bought it yesterday."

I also love the series and am so far behind in pertaining to my favorite authors so I'll plod along and read what I can. Keep me posted on the new book.

message 33: by Holly (new)

Holly Does anyone watch the show Bones? Just as good as the books!

message 34: by Abbie (new)

Abbie I am up to #13 on this series.

message 35: by Abbie (new)

Abbie Holly wrote: "Does anyone watch the show Bones? Just as good as the books!"

Yes, I do. However the books & Shows are quite different. But I do enjoy both!

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Best (ambest) | 10 comments Have only read “Two Nights” and really enjoyed it! Anyone know if there is another book of hers similar to that one? Thanks!

message 37: by Chris (new)

Chris | 676 comments All of her books are good I have Devil Bones on my TBR.

message 38: by Dave (new)

Dave (sheikl) Amanda, according to the website, Fantastic Fiction, which lists every book an author has written, Two Nights was Kathy's first standalone novel. The other books are in the Temperance Brennan and the Virals series, which she writes with her son. I have read a few of those books, and they are good.
I haven't read Two Nights yet, but it sounds interesting!

message 39: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Graham (andrewjamesgraham) | 2 comments Got into her books by watching the 'Bones' series, excellent author.