What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Fiction-Fantasy. (~Multiple Characters) boy gets trained by a "guardian" to protect people, I believe he fails one of the tests but am unsure.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (new)

Charles | 2 comments Hmmm, around ~2000 read a book set in a world were merchants basically rules (i think, its very hazy) and guards were at a premium. A women, best at training guards but requires absolute devotion to her, saves boy off the streets and trains him to become a guard, becomes extremely good, women uses all the controls she could to make him devoted to her, including seduction. The boy, now somewhere in teens, has one friend who is some kind of foreteller (old women), who is killed by the teacher, which makes the boy betray her (i think.) Eventually reveals that the teacher wants revenge on almost everyone for the life she had to lead before becoming a teacher and on the death of a child of hers (once again, i think this is the case but not one hundred percent sure.) Any help would greatly be appreciated.

message 2: by Charles (new)

Charles | 2 comments I think i also remember something about bringing the dead back to life, or quest trying to stop this from happening.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37342 comments Mod
Charles, are you still looking for this? Series or standalone? Author female or male? Cover art or photo?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37342 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Charles, are you still looking for this? Series or standalone? Author female or male? Cover art or photo?"

No response. Moving to Abandoned.