Pinoy Book Bloggers discussion

Miscellaneous > Let's Talk About Anything Here!

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dre, The Chilled-Out Wolf (last edited May 02, 2014 01:04AM) (new)

Dre (drewolf) | 52 comments Mod
Here we can talk about whatever comes to our minds.

A random Man, it's hot today! or Damn, this book sucks!

You can post them here!

message 2: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 30 comments Anyone going to Jenny han's book signing event this coming June?

message 3: by Dre, The Chilled-Out Wolf (new)

I have to read a book first, but Aimee mentioned that she wants to go.

message 4: by Ella Janine (new)

Ella Janine (ellajingreads) | 23 comments I'm not really sure, I'll have to read muna her latest book. Not really a fan of her Summer series. Or maybe I'll just go and bond with you guys :)

message 5: by Faye, la Patata, The Rage-y Updater (new)

Faye, la Patata (fayemat) | 11 comments Mod
Not sure, honestly. I don't even know how to go to the event. *knowledge is deeply limited to Quezon City area only*

message 6: by Jules (new)

Jules  (julesthereader) | 10 comments I don't know how to go there from Bulacan. 0.o Still debating if I'm going too

message 7: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 30 comments I'm going though. love her books. hehe

message 8: by Ella Janine (new)

Ella Janine (ellajingreads) | 23 comments Where will the event take place ba?

message 9: by Faye, la Patata, The Rage-y Updater (new)

Faye, la Patata (fayemat) | 11 comments Mod
I'm guessing same place as last time... it's always the Glorietta one O_O

message 10: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 30 comments Anyone here have read We Were Liars by E.Lockhart?

Joy (joyous reads) | 4 comments Hey Jules. You mentioned Bulacan. Where abouts? I was from there (Hagonoy). And hi, everyone. *waves*

message 12: by Ella Janine (new)

Ella Janine (ellajingreads) | 23 comments Hello Joy! I'm from Malolos! :)

message 13: by Jules (new)

Jules  (julesthereader) | 10 comments Joy (joyous reads) wrote: "Hey Jules. You mentioned Bulacan. Where abouts? I was from there (Hagonoy). And hi, everyone. *waves*"

My relatives live in Baliuag, and I'll be going there while waiting for school, but I'm still in Cavite right now haha :D

Joy (joyous reads) | 4 comments Hi Ella! That's crazy. So glad to hook up with y'all. :)

Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always (aimeereads) | 23 comments Beatrice wrote: "Anyone here have read We Were Liars by E.Lockhart?"

I put it off. .__. The writing was getting on my nerves, haha!

message 16: by Dre, The Chilled-Out Wolf (new)

Beatrice wrote: "Anyone here have read We Were Liars by E.Lockhart?"

I finished reading it today, and MEH. I've typed up my review and it will be published on Monday.

message 17: by Joy (new)

Joy Sallegue (cjsallegue) | 24 comments Dre wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Anyone here have read We Were Liars by E.Lockhart?"

I finished reading it today, and MEH. I've typed up my review and it will be published on Monday."

Hi Dre! Please post the link here when you're done. I want to know what you think, because I also read it. But only up to a few chapters. Sadly, I was a disappointed.

Joy (joyous reads) | 4 comments This book seems to be at odds with almost everyone I know! Definitely skipping.

Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always (aimeereads) | 23 comments Dre wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Anyone here have read We Were Liars by E.Lockhart?"

I finished reading it today, and MEH. I've typed up my review and it will be published on Monday."

*sigh* Not sure if it's worth continuing.

message 20: by Dre, The Chilled-Out Wolf (new)

Here's my We Were Liars review :
http://www.sporadicreads.com/2014/06/...

message 21: by Joy (new)

Joy Sallegue (cjsallegue) | 24 comments Hi all! Just wanted to say, for those who tried to follow my blog http://thebookshelfintruder.com via the Follow button at the bottom of the site, that button wasn't working properly. So I had to remove it (and lost the few subscribers I had so far in the process) and replaced it with a subscription form on the sidebar instead. So ayun, FYI lang if you followed me. Thanks! :)

message 22: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 30 comments Aimee wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Anyone here have read We Were Liars by E.Lockhart?"

I put it off. .__. The writing was getting on my nerves, haha!"

Good thing you put it off. I wasn't that impressed with the twists. It's predictable.

message 23: by Dre, The Chilled-Out Wolf (new)

Who's going to the Perkins signing?

Joy (joyous reads) | 4 comments Lucky!

message 25: by Joy (new)

Joy Sallegue (cjsallegue) | 24 comments Dre wrote: "Who's going to the Perkins signing?"

Me! :)

message 26: by Jules (new)

Jules  (julesthereader) | 10 comments Dre wrote: "Who's going to the Perkins signing?"

Not going :(

message 27: by Joy (new)

Joy Sallegue (cjsallegue) | 24 comments Hi, everyone! Just doing a little survey here. What's your favorite friends-turned-lovers books/movies? Thanks in advance. :)

message 28: by Roseby (new)

Roseby Valencia (ima_vee) | 16 comments Joy wrote: "Hi, everyone! Just doing a little survey here. What's your favorite friends-turned-lovers books/movies? Thanks in advance. :)"

"One Day" by David Nicholls

message 29: by Joy (new)

Joy Sallegue (cjsallegue) | 24 comments Ima wrote: "Joy wrote: "Hi, everyone! Just doing a little survey here. What's your favorite friends-turned-lovers books/movies? Thanks in advance. :)"

"One Day" by David Nicholls"

Thanks, Vee! :)

Biena (The Library Mistress) | 18 comments Hello guys! Malapit na ang Filipino Readercon. Anyone wants to volunteer? There is an Online Marketing group. I think dun tayo lahat belong. Haha. or not, marami namang ibang committees pero I think, sa Online group ako makakasama and I hope makasama ko kayong lahat. :D

message 31: by Miguel (new)

Miguel (thequirkyreader) Why haven't I heard of this before?! I want to join as well!

Biena (The Library Mistress) | 18 comments Miguel! Please please do!

message 33: by Dre, The Chilled-Out Wolf (new)

Yes, what is this Readercon?

message 35: by Dre, The Chilled-Out Wolf (new)

Thanks! Checking it out :)

message 36: by Joy (new)

Joy Sallegue (cjsallegue) | 24 comments Hi guys! Who's coming to the Jennifer Smith / Lissa Price signing in SM Aura?

message 37: by Roseby (new)

Roseby Valencia (ima_vee) | 16 comments Joy wrote: "Hi guys! Who's coming to the Jennifer Smith / Lissa Price signing in SM Aura?"

I envy all those who are going. Unfortunately, they'll be at Cebu on Friday next week and I have work... waaaahhh..

Biena (The Library Mistress) | 18 comments Hi guys. Meron bang gustong mag-volunteer for Filipino Readercon? :)

message 39: by Joy (new)

Joy Sallegue (cjsallegue) | 24 comments Biena (The Library Mistress) wrote: "Hi guys. Meron bang gustong mag-volunteer for Filipino Readercon? :)"

Biena, how can we volunteer?

message 40: by Joy (new)

Joy Sallegue (cjsallegue) | 24 comments Ima wrote: "Joy wrote: "Hi guys! Who's coming to the Jennifer Smith / Lissa Price signing in SM Aura?"

I envy all those who are going. Unfortunately, they'll be at Cebu on Friday next week and I have work... ..."

Parang I can't come din eh. :(

Biena (The Library Mistress) | 18 comments Joy: I'm part of the core committee, I can submit your names to the organizers :)

message 42: by Joy (new)

Joy Sallegue (cjsallegue) | 24 comments PM kita, Biena. :)

Biena (The Library Mistress) | 18 comments Hello everyone! Meron ba sa inyo ang gustong mag-judge for the upcoming Readercon?

Here are the categories: http://filipinoreadercon.wordpress.co...

3 judges per category
3 books per category

Puno na ang Anthology, YA and Children's. :)

message 44: by Albertus (new)

Albertus Hojas (justalbertus) | 1 comments Biena (The Library Mistress) wrote: "Hello everyone! Meron ba sa inyo ang gustong mag-judge for the upcoming Readercon?

Here are the categories: http://filipinoreadercon.wordpress.co......"

Biena (The Library Mistress) wrote: "Hello everyone! Meron ba sa inyo ang gustong mag-judge for the upcoming Readercon?

Here are the categories: http://filipinoreadercon.wordpress.co......"

pwede ba ako ate biena?

Biena (The Library Mistress) | 18 comments Hi Albert! Sorry napuno na kasi yung slots. Pero pwede ka pa rin magvolunteer for other committees. :)