Firequill Book Club discussion

129 views
General > Welcome....say Hi!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
My name is Erika and I'm the founder of Firequill publishing in South Africa. My goal or aim is to expand the fantasy, paranormal and sci-fiction genres in South Africa but our marketing will be internationally as our authors and we distribute internationally as well. Web site still to be created as we are only operating at the end of this year, November. My aim with this group is to help Non-Firequill authors to get their novels out there, why? Because I'm a freak when it comes to marketing and everyone that join this group will help making it a success with the things you love the most. Read books, blog about it and write your reviews.

There will be awards for bloggers. One get's nominated every month and they will win a Firequill blogger of the month (month will be written out) to put on their site. In January we will do blogger of the year and then all twelve winners will participate. There will be amazing giveaways for readers who will join the blogs, a huge face book event and it goes with a beautiful award that I will post to you for you to keep.

I'm aiming for fun and for people to meet new authors and beautiful books.
I am also running an author program on here where you can sign up your novel. We'll try to get you as many readers to review it and schedule a blog tour that would go with a custom made Firequill banner.

There is also a section for people who have a service to list. So if you are an editor, or a book layout designer, a cover artist or anything that can help authors to make their novel more presentable and awesome, this group is for you too.

So please, join us. You don't want to miss the fun.


message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri Carle | 1 comments Hi, My name is Terri Hubbard Carle. I am self published at this time, prior published with Publish America. I bought my contract out to branch out on my own. My 1st Book Storm Warnings is currently out. I was just part of a multi Author short-story book that will be out soon!


message 3: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Hi everyone, my name is Adrienne. My novel Firebolt is out since last november with GMTA Publishing. The second one will come out this November. Terry so nice to hear about that multi author short story deal. Sounds awesome.


message 4: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Terri wrote: "Hi, My name is Terri Hubbard Carle. I am self published at this time, prior published with Publish America. I bought my contract out to branch out on my own. My 1st Book Storm Warnings is currently..."

Hi Terry, welcome to the group feel free to join and participate in everything you can.


message 5: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Adrienne wrote: "Hi everyone, my name is Adrienne. My novel Firebolt is out since last november with GMTA Publishing. The second one will come out this November. Terry so nice to hear about that multi author short ..."

Welcome Adrienne


message 6: by Hillery (new)

Hillery York | 3 comments Hello Everyone! My name is Hillery York and I am the editor for The Dragonian Series. I currently work at the Smithsonian Institution but enjoy reading and editing any chance I get.


message 7: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Hillery wrote: "Hello Everyone! My name is Hillery York and I am the editor for The Dragonian Series. I currently work at the Smithsonian Institution but enjoy reading and editing any chance I get."

Welcome Hillery.

I can tell all of you that Hillery is an amazing editor. She is going to be one of Fire quill's editors so grab her soon before she gets too much work, hahahaha


message 8: by SARIT (new)

SARIT (yahalomi65) | 3 comments Hi My name is Sarit and I turn to my true love ....Books...so I started blogging. My blog also deal with coffee, art, science, nature and many other things that catch my interest ... you are all welcome to enjoy. Here is the link - http://sarityahalomi.blogspot.com/


message 9: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
SARIT wrote: "Hi My name is Sarit and I turn to my true love ....Books...so I started blogging. My blog also deal with coffee, art, science, nature and many other things that catch my interest ... you are all we..."

Hi SARIT and welcome, hope you are going to enjoy our little book club.


message 10: by Carey (new)

Carey Miller | 3 comments Hello to everybody! My name is Carey and I'm a voracious reader turned aspiring author. No blog, no Facebook Fan Page or anything at this time. Just looking for new books to read and to chat with people who enjoy the same types of books as I.


message 11: by Salem (new)

Salem Salem | 4 comments Hi, Firequill! Congratulations on your endeavors. And hello to everyone else!

I'm an author based in New York City. I write adult scifi/paranormal/weird fiction. I'm aiming to have readers in every country, and I don't believe I have any yet in South Africa. So please change this!

Please enter to win my giveaway on Goodreads.
Pearly Incognito

You may also download Pearly Incognito today for free on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pearly-Incognit...

Thanks!


message 12: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Carey wrote: "Hello to everybody! My name is Carey and I'm a voracious reader turned aspiring author. No blog, no Facebook Fan Page or anything at this time. Just looking for new books to read and to chat with ..."

Welcome to Firequill book club Carey. I'm sure you'll find something on here, and please feel free to add your novel on our shelves. Congrats on that, it's the most amazing feeling in this world.


message 13: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Salem wrote: "Hi, Firequill! Congratulations on your endeavors. And hello to everyone else!

I'm an author based in New York City. I write adult scifi/paranormal/weird fiction. I'm aiming to have readers in ever..."


Hi Salem, so glad you joined and thanks for that nice message. I've just entered, please feel free to add your novel on our shelves. I hope you are going to have plenty of fun here. Feel free to suggest something.


message 14: by P.T. (new)

P.T. Macias (ptmacias) | 1 comments Hi, thanks for the invite. I'm self published, I live in Sacramento, and I have three series. My series are De La Cruz Saga, Razer 8, and Tequila 10. I write military thriller paranormal romantic suspense.


message 15: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Firequill wrote: "Salem wrote: "Hi, Firequill! Congratulations on your endeavors. And hello to everyone else!

I'm an author based in New York City. I write adult scifi/paranormal/weird fiction. I'm aiming to have r..."


That is so nice to meet new authors, I'm in the fantasy, YA and paranormal category.


message 16: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments oh and I'mfrom South Africa.


message 17: by Salem (new)

Salem Salem | 4 comments Firequill wrote: "My name is Erika and I'm the founder of Firequill publishing in South Africa. My goal or aim is to expand the fantasy, paranormal and sci-fiction genres in South Africa but our marketing will be in..."

Hi, Erika, thanks for the greeting and the opportunity to place my books on your shelves!


message 18: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborah_jay) | 42 comments Hi and thanks for the invite Erika, and for the chance to add my books to your shelves :)
Although I'm in the UK, the great thing about the internet is - that doesn't matter!


message 19: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniquetheeditrix) | 5 comments Mod
Hello!!! I'm so happy to be part of this group. I'm a blogger over at All The Bookish Love

I also dabble in writing fantasy and paranormal romance and someday when I have the guts to out it out to the world I will.


message 20: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
P.T. wrote: "Hi, thanks for the invite. I'm self published, I live in Sacramento, and I have three series. My series are De La Cruz Saga, Razer 8, and Tequila 10. I write military thriller paranormal romantic s..."

Welcome P.T. and good luck with your series. You should tell us more about them and feel free to add them on to our book shelves.


message 21: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Monique wrote: "Hello!!! I'm so happy to be part of this group. I'm a blogger over at All The Bookish Love

I also dabble in writing fantasy and paranormal romance and someday when I have the guts to out it out ..."


Welcome Monique, and you'll get the guts soon. You'll see


message 22: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Deborah wrote: "Hi and thanks for the invite Erika, and for the chance to add my books to your shelves :)
Although I'm in the UK, the great thing about the internet is - that doesn't matter!"


You are so welcome Deborah, feel free to add your novel onto our shelves.


message 23: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Salem wrote: "Firequill wrote: "My name is Erika and I'm the founder of Firequill publishing in South Africa. My goal or aim is to expand the fantasy, paranormal and sci-fiction genres in South Africa but our ma..."

You are so welcome.


message 24: by A.D. (new)

A.D. Trosper (adtrosper) Hello, I'm Audra. I have two books in my epic fantasy series, Dragon's Call out as well as the first in my YA paranormal series. I also have a Christmas children's story out, and a short prequel to my fantasy out. I'm currently working on the third in the series and I have several more books planned for my YA paranormal romance series.

Nice to meet all of you.


message 25: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
A.D. wrote: "Hello, I'm Audra. I have two books in my epic fantasy series, Dragon's Call out as well as the first in my YA paranormal series. I also have a Christmas children's story out, and a short prequel to..."

That sounds amazing. You should feel free to add them on to our shelves.


message 26: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Hi everyone....


message 27: by Kathy (last edited May 16, 2014 10:42AM) (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 6 comments Hi :) I'm Kathy and I blog over at The Book Blog at the End of the Universe
http://thebookblogattheendoftheuniver...


message 28: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Kathy wrote: "Hi :) I'm Kathy and I blog over at Bookmarks, Spoilers and Happily Ever After
http://bookmarksspoilersandhappilyeve..."


Hi Kathy, welcome to our club. We will start soon with polls just want to get a bit more members. So don't be afraid to share us. Thanks, hope you are going to have loads of fun here.


message 29: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Cassandra wrote: "Hey guys, :)

I'm Sandy. I'm the author of "The Madder Hatter" and "The Madder Woman" (two short books based off of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland").

Thanks for the invite, Firequill! :D"


Welcome Sandy, Please feel free to participate in everything. Looking forward to hear what you got to say.


message 30: by C. (new)

C. Cales (scarybob) | 7 comments Terri wrote: "Hi, My name is Terri Hubbard Carle. I am self published at this time, prior published with Publish America. I bought my contract out to branch out on my own. My 1st Book Storm Warnings is currently..."
Terri,
My sympathy on Publish America. I hear they've changed their name. That won't erase the smell. To recover my rights I had to declare war. That war was fought in the court of public opinion. Editorials were my weapon. Three torpedoes a day went into the water, all forms of news media and two state governments. I didn't know if any were hitting their mark, I was too busy reloading and firing… But I will tell you this. On the final day of the war I received two emails. One was from Publish America giving me the terms for breaking the contract (which was all I ever asked for). The other email was from a State Senator from Florida ready to jump into the fray. They almost got nuked.


message 31: by C. (new)

C. Cales (scarybob) | 7 comments It's good to meet you, Erika.

My friends call me ScaryBob.

The name you'll find on my books is C. Robert Cales. I write paranormal thrillers. I deny the accusation that I write horror. Nope, not horror. I think that comes from the more sensitive readers. Hey! Suck it up. If you get scared it's only because you really like my characters. Don't like 'em. That's the secret to not being scared by one of my stories. Click your heels together three times while repeating "I will not like them, I will not like them…"

Now that I've given you the secret you have to sample my brew. If you don't the letters and numbers on your your keyboard will disappear.
The Bookseller


message 32: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments C. wrote: "It's good to meet you, Erika.

My friends call me ScaryBob.

The name you'll find on my books is C. Robert Cales. I write paranormal thrillers. I deny the accusation that I write horror. Nope, not ..."


I'm not much of a fan of these types of novels ScaryBob, but I have to say your's sound extremely intriguing. You should add it to the helves. We should do book club readings. I would love to know what people are going to think about The Bookseller.


message 33: by Fiza (new)

Fiza Hello everyone :)

My name is Fiza and I just started my own blog: http://willreadtillidrop.wordpress.com/

Looking forward to meeting you all!


message 34: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Fiza wrote: "Hello everyone :)

My name is Fiza and I just started my own blog: http://willreadtillidrop.wordpress.com/

Looking forward to meeting you all!"


Hi Fiza, nice meeting you. I'll go follow your new blog, welcome to the bloggers world


message 35: by Bethwyn (new)

Bethwyn Badger (bethiibee) | 2 comments Hi all,
my name is Bethwyn and I blog over at Butterfly Elephant (link on my profile). I'm an aspiring writer, but mostly a blogger and student at this point in time. I adore reading more than anything and just love excuses to keep doing it.
I've been blogging and reviewing books for a few years now, but I've done it elsewhere previously, including writing little review for myself in journals when I was younger.


message 36: by Miguel (new)

Miguel (thequirkyreader) Hello there! My name's Miguel and I have a YA book blog over here: http://thequirkyreader.wordpress.com

It's nice to you meet you all! :)


message 37: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Bethwyn wrote: "Hi all,
my name is Bethwyn and I blog over at Butterfly Elephant (link on my profile). I'm an aspiring writer, but mostly a blogger and student at this point in time. I adore reading more than anyt..."


Hi Bethwyn it's nice to meet you.


message 38: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Woods (adriennewoods03) | 44 comments Miguel wrote: "Hello there! My name's Miguel and I have a YA book blog over here: http://thequirkyreader.wordpress.com

It's nice to you meet you all! :)"


Hi Miguel, feel free to add your blog and participate in the blogger of the month. Cool prices up for grabs.


message 39: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Welcome to all the new comers. Please feel free to add your blogs, novels everything you can think off. And give your suggestions so we could be a more fun book club. We are going to open reading polls soon, there are plenty new novels I discovered already that I would love to share with all of you.


message 40: by Kimber (last edited May 14, 2014 06:29AM) (new)

Kimber Wheaton (kimberleighwheaton) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Kimber Leigh. I'm a book blogger and YA/NA author. You can find me at
Once Upon a YA Book &
Kimber Leigh Writes
I love promoting debut authors, especially those who are indie or small-press published. I'm a hybrid author. My first novel is a YA fantasy romance published through a small publisher. I am also self-pubbing a YA paranormal romance that's releasing July 14.


message 41: by Miguel (new)

Miguel (thequirkyreader) Kimber Leigh wrote: "Hi! I'm Kimber Leigh. I'm a book blogger and YA/NA author. You can find me at
Once Upon a YA Book &
Kimber Leigh Writes
I love promoting debut authors, especially those who are indie or small-pre..."


Added your book to my TBR, Kimber Leigh! It really sounds interesting :D


message 42: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Mansfield  (gilded_lady) Howdy. I'm Carrie. I blog over at FantasyFindings :)


message 43: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Opiela | 1 comments Hi all! Thanks for the Twitter follow:) I'm a blogger on a variety of topics but truly enjoy reading Fantasy. Cheers


message 44: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
Miranda wrote: "Hi all! Thanks for the Twitter follow:) I'm a blogger on a variety of topics but truly enjoy reading Fantasy. Cheers"

Hi Miranda, welcome to the group. Feel free to participate wherever you can. Hope you will enjoy it


message 45: by Kate (last edited May 17, 2014 04:17AM) (new)

Kate Hey everyone! My name is Phoenix and I'm not a writer (well maybe not yet). Hope that is ok. Well I read, read and read. :-) I'm obsessed with reading. I'm a proofreader and offer to R2R.


message 46: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborah_jay) | 42 comments Phoenix wrote: "Hey everyone! My name is Phoenix and I'm not a writer (well maybe not yet). Hope that is ok. Well I read, read and read. :-) I'm obsessed with reading. I'm a proofreader and offer to R2R."

Fab name! And what would writers do without readers?


message 47: by Iza (new)

Iza Brekilien (izabrekilien) Hi, I'm a librarian and Fiza brought me here unwillingly ;) I absolutely love pnr, fantasy, SF, I've been brought up with these books and movies. I don't write either (hi Phoenix) but I'm a blogger at http://redhiddenalcove.blogspot.fr
I'd love to meet new authors and find new ideas :)


message 48: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (goodreadscomdeborah_jay) | 42 comments RedIza wrote: "Hi, I'm a librarian and Fiza brought me here unwillingly ;) I absolutely love pnr, fantasy, SF, I've been brought up with these books and movies. I don't write either (hi Phoenix) but I'm a blogger..."

Nice to meet you - great looking blog and I've followed it on Bloglovin :)


message 49: by Mark (last edited May 17, 2014 08:06PM) (new)

Mark Venturini | 1 comments Hi, I'm Mark. I just joined the group and started visiting the great sites. Love what I've seen so far. For fantasy, I'm the author of a mid-grade novel, Whispers from Forbidden Earth, along with an adult sort story compilation, Darker Passages. I'm also working on an exciting Science Fiction sort story series with six authors called Colony Zero. The first 3 installments are available on Amazon.

I blog about my writing journey and anything else that strikes my interest at
http://markventurinijourney.blogspot....


message 50: by Firequill (new)

Firequill | 259 comments Mod
RedIza wrote: "Hi, I'm a librarian and Fiza brought me here unwillingly ;) I absolutely love pnr, fantasy, SF, I've been brought up with these books and movies. I don't write either (hi Phoenix) but I'm a blogger..."

Welcome RedIza and thanks Fiza for dragging him here. hahahaha. I hope you are going to enjoy our little book club, please feel free to participate in the blogger of the month contest. The winner of every month will participate in blogger of the year contest. There will be awesome prices up for grabs. You don't want to miss out.


« previous 1 3
back to top