Shut Up & Read discussion

These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)
This topic is about These Broken Stars
Archived BOTM > May BOTM-These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new) - added it

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
Discuss as you read, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten as far as you!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Happy reading!

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) I just read this back in February. Here's what I thought:

i was extremely confused with this book. i didn't know what the hell was going on half the time. i only liked Lilac after (view spoiler). Tarver was great though. he was my fav out of the two.

message 3: by Jennifer (last edited May 02, 2014 05:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer (featherlashes) I loved this book! I thought it was an engaging and intelligent story for the young adult, sci-fi genre. I liked how the story is told in flashbacks while a character is being questioned about events. It gave a mystery quality as the reader can tell something significant has happened. I listened to the audio version which I enjoyed a lot too.
FYI: I read a Q&A with the authors and although this is a series, each book is a separate story but set in the same world. The next book This Shattered World won't be released until November 2014.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Jennifer (featherlashes) Tracey wrote: "I just read this back in February. Here's what I thought:

i was extremely confused with this book. i didn't know what the hell was going on half the time. i only liked Lilac after [spoilers remove..."

Tarver was my favorite too-

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) Is there a love triangle in the story? or is it like Twilight series where you kind of know who the heroine is going to end with?

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) Ipshita wrote: "Is there a love triangle in the story? or is it like Twilight series where you kind of know who the heroine is going to end with?"

no love triangle. it's just two people in the story, basically

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) Thanks, Tracey. I'll read it then.