ONTD Book Club discussion

Legend (Legend, #1)
This topic is about Legend
Fiction > May - Legend

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jess (gingeryarnco) | 616 comments Mod
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.

message 2: by Samantha A (new)

Samantha A I just grabbed this at my local used bookstore in hardcover for $1 so i'm excited to read along!

Samantha wrote: "I just grabbed this at my local used bookstore in hardcover for $1 so i'm excited to read along!"
Good find!

message 4: by Samantha A (new)

Samantha A Jessica wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I just grabbed this at my local used bookstore in hardcover for $1 so i'm excited to read along!"
Good find!"

Thanks! I always find awesome deals on the dollar racks.

I picked this up tonight and read a big chunk. I am hoping to finish it this week.

I finished last night. I'm going to start the second one tonight. This is what I needed. Quick stuff to restart my reading.

I'm halfway through the second one now. I don't like it as much. There is some regretful made up slang that really annoys me.

message 8: by Wigs (new)

Wigs (wigsnatcher) | 556 comments Mod
I've heard that by the way. That the first on was good but the second one sucked. That's why I took the first one off my reading list :/ What do you think?

It is alright. I'm almost done. I'll finish the series, well, depending on how this one goes.

message 10: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm almost done with the last book. I've been trying to get a chance to read the last 20-30 pages, but keep getting interrupted... or my Kindle has a stroke and my boyfriend has to do his IT magic horse-whispering to get it to work again.