Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
This topic is about The Scorch Trials
Book Club Discussions > May 2014 The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Jennifer W | 1289 comments Mod
Welcome to May's group read of The Scorch Trials by James Dashner.

Enjoy!

message 2: by Jennifer W, WT Moderator (new)

Jennifer W | 1289 comments Mod
I would imagine that this thread may contain spoilers to the first book, The Maze Runner. You may want to use caution reading this thread if you haven't read The Maze Runner first. We read that one some time ago, you can check it out here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/....

Suzanne I read this one a couple of months ago and didn't like it much - the underlying plot and motivations didn't make much sense to me. I did like the start of the book. Maybe it was just a bad time for me to read it though - so I'll be interested to see what others think.

SthTx Dawn (dawn99) | 16 comments Just started this one..It's been about a year since I read The Maze Runner. Scorch picks up where MR left off..

SthTx Dawn (dawn99) | 16 comments What do you guys think about WICKED? Is it some evil corporation or could it be they are actually the good guys?

Also, the gore is a bit much for my liking, but I guess teenage boys probably love that..Any opinions?

Suzanne I agree - it definitely is gory - the first parts of the book were the worst (I believe). It certainly adds to the horror.

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) I liked The Scorch Trials more than The Maze Runner though I haven't read the finale yet.

SthTx Dawn (dawn99) | 16 comments Scorch seems to be more about the relationship between Thomas and Teresa. I haven't read the finale yet either..but am looking forward to it.

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Do you all plan on reading Kill Order?

SthTx Dawn (dawn99) | 16 comments I've enjoyed the series so far..I will eventually get to Kill Order. I look forward to finding out how Thomas deals with everything..

message 11: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kirsten27) | 53 comments It's embarrassing to ask this, but is there any romance in this series?

SthTx Dawn (dawn99) | 16 comments not really Kirsten, there does seem to be some chemistry between Thomas and Teresa, but mostly it's about friendship..