The Academy for Young Royalty discussion

Roleplay > Infirmary

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (last edited May 01, 2014 07:39PM) (new)

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 121 comments Adonis nodded and opened the door for Inala as they approached the infirmary. "There you go. The room where you can get yourself attended to with whatever you need." He said with a small bow.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

"Thank you very much for your assistance, Adonis." Inala said with a smile, stepping into the infirmary to speak with the nurse on duty, who was aware of her injuries and needs in order to help her recovery.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited May 04, 2014 01:27PM) (new)

Inala had her eyes closed and head turned away as the nurse began to unravel the bandages. She didn't want to see the gruesome wounds, nor the raised ridges that made up the few wounds that had finally healed enough to start to become scars. She trembled as the nurse unraveled the last bandage from her arm and began to treat it with special ointments unlike most others. The nurse had to be careful since her skin was more sensitive after her ordeal. Even with a featherlight touch, Inala couldn't stop the occasional whimper of pain as first her arms, then her legs and eventually, behind a curtain of course, her back and chest were also treated.

Inala stepped out from behind the curtain after the final bandage was on and noticed Ian for the first time. She blinked and looked at him. His had been the first face she had seen upon the day of her rescue, and she would never forget that.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well.....I'm afraid it will be some time before her injuries finally heal, especially since she cannot stand to have them stitched due to her now fear of needles." The nurse said softly to him, not wanting to upset Inala with the news. "And the aftereffects of what has happened to her will affect her long after she is healed. I am not talking about just her scars either. Her skin will be more sensitive, and the biggest issue she will have is with maintaining a healthy body temperature. You will have to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't get too cold." she instructed him, then handed Inala a slip of paper with the date of her next mandatory visit to the infirmary on it and left.

Inala looked down at the slip of paper for a long moment, then up at Ian guiltily. "I'm terribly sorry, Ian. But you seemed so dreadfully tired. I couldn't bear the thought of awakening you so soon after you finally got some rest." she admitted.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 121 comments Adonis watched the exchange of the two from the doorway. "Should I leave you two alone?" He asked them, since it seemed as if Inala had forgotten about him. If this man was her betrothed, then he had no business here anymore.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh, I had nearly forgotten. This is Prince Adonis of Lamia. Adonis, this is my bodyguard Ian." Inala said, fidgeting. She felt guilty about not waking Ian now, especially after he said he was never too tired. "I promise to awaken you in the future whenever I go somewhere." she promised Ian.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 121 comments Adonis nodded in greeting to the servant. "Are you feeling better, then, Inala? Perhaps you should go to your room and rest if you're so sensitive. It might not be best for you to be walking around after being treated, right?"

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh bother. Adonis was right of course, she really did need to get some rest. She sighed. "While I do not altogether feel better as of yet, I am still healing after all, I do need to retreat to my room and rest for a while...." she admitted finally, taking Ian's hand.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 121 comments Adonis nodded with a faint smile and stood out of their way. "Then I will see you when classes start." He told her.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes, I'll see you then. Farewell for now, Adonis." Inala said, using Ian's strength to give a slight curtsy. Turning her attention to Ian, she said, "Yes, please....though I daresay I do wish they had been able to give you a room nearby my own...."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh well, I suppose there really is not much that can be done concerning the matter. They have rules and regulations, and they cannot be broken.....ah...do you know which way we're going? Id hate to get lost." Inala said as they walked

((continued in East Wing))