What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Night Cries
This topic is about Night Cries
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 90's teen horror about Macbeth theater camp [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen (bcmom9906) | 4 comments I remember picking this book up at my schools book fair back in the 90's. It was about a co-ed theater summer camp, they were practicing for Macbeth and scary things started happening to the kids. Like one girl has a fear of spiders and has to wear this witches hat with "fake" spiders hanging off it but they turn out to be real. It takes place near a lake that has a loon that cries every night. I would really like to find this book again.

message 2: by Holly (last edited May 01, 2014 08:41PM) (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Found a few possibilities (as far as I can tell, these are all kids/YA horror books set at theater camps):

Curtains
How I Survived My Summer Vacation (or any of the other books in the Camp Haunted Hills series)
No Time to Die
Night Of The Goat Boy (#23)

Also, you're sure this took place at a summer camp, right? It wasn't just a school play? Just wondering because I could find lots of books where the school play is Macbeth, but (so far) I can't find anything about a summer theater camp. I can keep looking though :]

message 3: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen (bcmom9906) | 4 comments Thanks so much for looking those too are not the book but um I'm sure it was a camp like they went away now summer I don't know but im assuming. the person that ends up terrorizing them is a jealous fellow camper.

message 4: by Colleen (new) - added it

Colleen (bcmom9906) | 4 comments I Found It!!!!!! So excited...I've been looking for a couple of years :)

Night Cries by Barbara A. Steiner

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 14387 comments Night Cries for the trackable link.