Book Sanctuary discussion

★ General Stuff ★ > How Was Your Day?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Cheyenne (last edited May 01, 2014 06:21PM) (new)

Cheyenne Here is were you can tell about the good and bad parts of your day.

Upside: I passed the two science tests I had to take. I found some free books on Amazon. I got a pack of mini Hershey bars. I become a Mod for this wonderful group!

Downside: I now have a heap of Math waiting on me. My headphones went out on one side. I haven't slept that well.

message 2: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Positive: I went shopping at the thrift store with my mom's friend. She bought me two shirts and two pairs of jeans. It was buy-one-get-one-free-day. She also got me a fountain drink from McDonalds.

Negative: Despite having a good day myself she had a series of unfortunate events. Pun intended. I got like 5 hours of sleep. No one else has posted in this thread. Boo.

message 3: by Airi, Admin (new)

Airi Chan (airichan90) | 900 comments Mod
Positive: It was busy today at work so I made more than I normally do on Saturdays.

Negative: I have to wake up early tomorrow since I have to work on a Sunday. Normally I get to sleep in.

message 4: by Airi, Admin (new)

@Deidre : That sound awesome. I just woke up it's Sunday here as well but it's very cold this morning or maybe its just me XD

message 5: by Airi, Admin (new)

Positive: I will be able to get some new book soon :D

Negative: I got yelled at by a customer who camed in.

He came in to order something togo and he wanted some sushi to eat while he was there. I seated him and a waitress went to get his drink and got his togo order. He still had the menu since he wanted sushi. The waitress went into the kitchen for less than 5 minutes he came up to me and said is anyone going to get my order, and also I wasn't paid to just stand at the front which I kinda am because I was a hostess today. Then he said have you heard of anything called customer service then he started yelling then left.

Sorry to rant I needed to get that off my chest.

message 6: by Airi, Admin (new)

Thanks Deidre

message 7: by Seikra (new)

Seikra | 17 comments Positive: went out to lunch with Airi-Chan. it was delicious!

Negative: I have two final exams to take tomorrow. I don't wanna take them!

message 8: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (bookmangalover) | 58 comments Positive: Nightcored some songs and bought the first two books in The Lunar Chronicles series ^^

Negative: I got kicked outta work since we were slow, and I stayed up too late tonight again XD

message 9: by Airi, Admin (new)

Alex im reading the 1st one cinder

message 10: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (bookmangalover) | 58 comments How is it so far?

message 11: by Airi, Admin (new)

I like it alot. I haven't gotten far. It's not the type of books I normally read but loving it.

message 12: by Airi, Admin (new)

Positive: I went to Barnes & Noble this morning and got The One since it came out today. After I left Barnes & Noble I went to Target since the books there isn't as expensive. When I got to where the books are I saw a signed copy of The One and for a cheaper cost too so I got t and return the other one.

Negative: Nothing at the moment

message 13: by Yuiko (new)

Yuiko | 119 comments My day been alright on Wednesday I went to the beach with my mum and came home to dish network turning off our TV when we sent back the stuff we were suspose to ;-; but today is good!!!

message 14: by Airi, Admin (new)

My day been busy. I finally started making a list of books I own and red but still not done

message 15: by Airi, Admin (new)

*read sorry on my cell so can't edit

message 16: by Yuiko (new)

Yuiko | 119 comments Its alright :3 and cool I'm playing donkey kong

message 17: by Airi, Admin (new)

I'm finally done with my read and to-read list.

message 18: by Airi, Admin (new)

I wanna read the devil wears prada

message 19: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Positive: Eh.

Negative: My Mamaw fell while checking the mail. She had to go to the hospital for her elbow. Pretty sure it's just fractured but it was so swollen they could see so the doctor decided to treat it like a brake. Her and my mom were there all day.

message 20: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Thanks Deidre. I'm sure she's relieved to be out of the hospital. She loathes them something fierce. She just got home about two hours ago and they went around eleven I think.

message 21: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I don't like them but I don't hate them like she does. Thank you again. It means a lot. :)

message 22: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Yes, yes they are.

message 23: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne That sounds really fun! I hope you enjoy it!

message 24: by Airi, Admin (new)

My day have been okay. I went to Barnes and Noble to pick up Scarlet. Then I went to the mall but I didn't see anything I was interested in. When I got home I went to the grocery story to pick up some snacks.

message 25: by Airi, Admin (new)

I didn't know you live on a farm. Do you have horses too?

message 26: by Airi, Admin (new)

Cool. I'm good just listening to music while entering giveaways XD. I been slacking off the last two days because of work.

message 27: by Airi, Admin (new)

Okay I'll check it out

message 28: by Airi, Admin (new)

I joined but not sure if she accept

message 29: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Well it was mother's day today so my Nanny cooked a feast and I stuffed my belly. There was also some drama, waiting to see how things are in the morning.

message 30: by Airi, Admin (new)

Yeah, I called my mother and both my grandmother to tell hey happy mother's day and that was about it since my mother is in NY.

message 31: by Airi, Admin (new)

Thats always good. I went to goodwill and picked up 5 used book today but not sure if they are any good yet.

message 32: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired right now. What I thought was going to happen this morning was pushed back until this afternoon. My knowledge retaining skills are not at optimum level. I have not slept.

T.T Someone save me.

message 33: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (bookmangalover) | 58 comments You could take a cat nap for a half hour :) May finish reading Daughter Of Smoke and Bone today and going to order Carrabba's later when I watch The Vampire Diaries and Reign season finales ^^

message 34: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne I can't. If I do I won't wake up. I've got no alarm clock.

message 35: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (bookmangalover) | 58 comments My bad XD and :o :o :o THAT ENDING!!! All that was going through my mind was damn it damn it damn it!!! Why can't this be a simple love story? WHY?!

message 36: by Airi, Admin (new)

Cheyenne - Set your cell phone's alarm?

I been working on a review for Cinder. I'm reading a new book again. I have work tomorrow but I'm not really looking forward to it.

message 37: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne @Airi: My mom is using my cell phone because hers broke and she was over at her boyfriend's at the time. I asked my brother to wake me which he didn't. Lol. Hope you have a good day at work.

message 38: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne Hopefully she'll be getting a new one soon. It all worked out though.

message 39: by Airi, Admin (new)

I just got home from work. It was a slow day today. I have work tomorrow.

message 40: by Airi, Admin (new)

Sorry. I am going to rant again.

I am a waitress but during my "break" I work the front too. If there is tip from a Togo order I normally get it. Today I got a tip from a Togo customer so I put it in my apron after I got it out of the register. A customer who was dinning in told the waitress I was working with that I was taking money -_-.

message 41: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) Airi: that's awful! Did you tell the customer to mind their own business? I hear that restaurant/bar work is brutal in the US. Hope you have a better day tomorrow!!

message 42: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) Sorry! You are not from the US. I somehow just assumed. Still hope you have a better day tomorrow and that you feel better now :-D

message 43: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne @Airi: Don't be sorry. This is the place to rant about your day. Sorry about everything that happened. Hope it all turned out okay.

message 44: by Airi, Admin (new)

Deidre - It takes a lot of patience sometime.

Bianca - yeah it is. I am in the US.

Cheyenne - Thanks.

My night shift was good tho. It was very busy. My customers tonight was very patience thankfully.

message 45: by Airi, Admin (new)

yup

message 46: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) Good news indeed!

Yesterday was a very long day for me. It started at 9AM with a full day of lectures on a presentation day for an excavation site in Egypt. That lasted untill 7PM when we all had dinner (it was good fun!) and at 9.30 PM I had to work at the museum of antiquities here because it was Museum night which means the museum was open until 1AM and they play music, there were actors and it was fantastic. But at the end of all that I was really tired. But a good day!

message 47: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) Ancient history is my thing. I love it and although there really isn't any money in it, I wouldn't want to trade it for anything. If you like reading in the ancient setting I have a few titles you may like; for course The Lightning Thief and anything from Riordan but do you know Christian Jacq? He wrote a beautiful series on Ramses the Great that even I like. Ramses: The Son of Light is the first in that series. Just a suggestion :D

message 48: by Airi, Admin (new)

Bianca - I have the lighting thief but haven't read it yet. I heard it was good

message 49: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancamaartje) Airi: It is funny, well written and actually very well researched. I've studied mythology for years now (on University level) and haven't been able to find a mistake yet. Riordan really knows how to combine humor and Ancient Roman/Greek myths. The Kane Chronicles are on Ancient Egyptians, even better!

message 50: by Airi, Admin (new)

Those are on my to read list. That series and house of Olympians

« previous 1 3