FYTortall Book Club discussion

New poll - favourite Tortall Heroine

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (last edited May 01, 2014 06:15PM) (new)

Lauren (mochatiger) | 10 comments Hey everyone! I just discovered you can create polls in groups on Goodreads so I thought it would be fun if everyone voted for their favourite Tortall heroine. (I know, it's really hard to choose!)
You can vote by clicking the Polls link on the right, or just go here https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/1.... Everyone can create their own too!

message 2: by P. (new)

P. Rose | 3 comments I think Kel is a better character, but Alanna will always be my favorite.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (drsarah) | 3 comments Tough choice! I voted for Daine, but I want to give Buri an honourable mention, because she's not even on there & she should be.

message 4: by Aminda (new)

Aminda | 2 comments Kel! All day every day. I love all the other ladies but Kel is my queen.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (mochatiger) | 10 comments Agree with you, P.! Kel had the advantage of having more pages written about her and Tammy coming into her own when writing her, I think. But Alanna will always have a special place in my heart and I still relate to her best, I think.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to say that Kel is definitely my favorite, closely followed by Beka. I really like the type of heroine who is both strong for herself and strong for others. Kel for me was always an extremely strong role model, and hers was the first series from Tammy that I read so she will always hold a special place in my heart.

message 7: by Mel (new)

Mel (mallorn) | 4 comments Daine, Kel, and Beka are my favorites!

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) I think Kel was the best character in terms of development but Alanna will always be my favorite since The Song of the Lioness & Harry Potter are what started my love of reading years ago :)

message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire | 1 comments Kel! Not only is she the most developed character, in my opinion, but she's also the nearest and dearest to my heart. Maybe it's the fact that she doesn't use magic that makes her seem so human.

message 10: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Blanc (arblanc) | 1 comments Aly definitely is my favorite! I like her most because she most resembled me as a teen - cool and level-headed even under tension.

message 11: by Parker (new)

Parker | 15 comments Really hard to choose just one :-)

Daine is most like me in her ability to communicate with animals, but I voted for Beka.

message 12: by Mercy (new)

Mercy (wednesdays_childe) | 2 comments late response, but Daja & Kel are my tied favourites.