Doctor Who Fans discussion

The Companions > Favorite Companion?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
I can't decide... Rose, Amy & Rory, and Clara are probably top on my list though

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

So far my fave is Rose. But I'm still fresh in the DW world.

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
season seven is a great season...

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
and 5 and 6...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

And all of them. XD

message 6: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
yeah pretty much! XD

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

My personal favorites are Jack, Rose, and Martha. But I love them all :D

message 8: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
Jack was cool :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

For sure. And it certainly doesn't hurt that he was introduced in like my favorite episode of the whole series. :P

message 10: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
What were your favourite eps?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances" and "Vincent and the Doctor" :)

message 12: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
Those were great, yet creepy (are you my mummy?) episodes!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Sooo creepy. Especially when watching at nighttime. But I loved the ending and Jack and everything, and also, I'm totally a history nerd, and with the WWII setting it was just wonderful :)

message 14: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
What's WWII?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

World War II :)

message 16: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
Ohhh! Yeah that was so cool :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, and I just recently rewatched it because we're learning about the London Blitz and stuff in history class right now, so that's fun. Well, the Blitz itself wasn't fun. But learning about it is.

message 18: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
Cool!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Rose :)
And I really like Amy, but she's probably my least favorite. Not that that's saying a lot, though, because I really like them all, and I don't dislike any of them :P

message 20: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
Amy and Rory... I had such a hard time when they... You know...

message 21: by Julia (new)

Julia | 339 comments Mod
Yeah

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Ace rules! She explodes things! Anyway, this is my order of favorites thus far:

Ace McShane
Rose Tyler
Donna Noble
Chang Lee
Martha Jones
Rory Williams
Amy Williams
Grace Holloway
Clara Oswald

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Elvina wrote: "Ace rules! She explodes things! Anyway, this is my order of favorites thus far:

Ace McShane
Rose Tyler
Donna Noble
Chang Lee
Martha Jones
Rory Williams
Amy Williams
Grace Holloway
Clara Oswald"

I haven't watched any episodes with Ace, but she sounds cool if she explodes stuff!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

She is cool! She also beats up a Dalek with a base-ball bat!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

That is awesome! You can't beat that

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

You really can't

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I just saw the clip on youtube, she literally broke off the dalek's eye thingy :D
"don't call me small" she is hilarious

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, she is.

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 47 comments Um Most of them. My "favorite" in order of how much I like/love/adore them varies usually depending on which episode I watched or book I read.

Jαe{Tħe Cøиšυłтıиg Tıмe Hυитeя} | 22 comments I rly love Amy, Clara, and Rose. I love all of them. But those are all tied. It goes AmyRoseClara Martha Donna in order from favorite to just love

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Donna Noble
Rory Williams
Jamie McCrimmon
Ace McShane
Romana
Sarah Jane Smith

message 32: by Erin (new)

Erin Worth Amy and Rory!!❤️❤️

message 33: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 119 comments I really started to like Classic Doctor Who, but I just started watching it. So the companions were Susan, Ian and Barbara, Liz Shaw, and I must confess I forgot some names of companions from the Second Doctor. All the companions from Classic Doctor Who (of course just the one I saw) are somehow "boring" (maybe Liz not), maybe it's the wrong word, but the Doctor is much more important and that changes in the new Series.
So, from the New Series, I absolutely adore Donna!! I think everyone can understand that! Well, I thiink most of the people underestimate Martha... She's fantastic and I like her much more than Rose. But, Rose was the first companion I ever saw, and when she returned in Series 4, I was just soooo happy about it. I don't know if Mickey counts as a proper companion but he's really annoying! And poor Martha gets him instead of the Doctor. Okay when he returns from the parallel universe he isn't so annoying anymore...
I don't know anyone who doesn't love Jack...
When I first saw Amy, I didn't know what to think about her, but she's also great and she and Rory are a perfect couple.
Then, Clara... Maybe she will surprise me in the new series, and she really did great things but at least until now, I share the opinion of the TARDIS regarding Clara.
It's midnight and I just wrote my first message in this group, so if I read it again tomorrow, it will propably be total nonsense, so don't take it too seriously...

message 34: by Anahita (new)

Anahita (anahitasn) How much of classic Doctor Wjo have you watched?

message 35: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 119 comments I watched three episodes of William Hartnell (An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, Edge of Destruction), one of Patrick Troughton (Tomb of the Cybermen), two of Jon Pertwee (Spearheads from Space, Doctor Who and the Silurians and currently Planet of the Spiders)... After that I'll start with Tom Baker.
And I watched the movie with Paul McGann.

message 36: by Anahita (new)

Anahita (anahitasn) I'm watching all the episodes from the beginning. If you like Patrick Troughton, you'd enjoy the Enemy of the World, it's one of the newly recovered episodes.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I know 99% of what happened without watching. TARDIS Wikia. Gotta love it. I own the PDFS of all the books too. I've watched most 7th Doctor and Ace stuff. I've watched Eight's movie, and all of New Who.

message 38: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 119 comments I'll watch it :) Patrick Troughton is really cute, and a great doctor!

message 39: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 119 comments I also wanted to watch everything from beginning bit sometimes it's hard to watch the William Hartnell episodes... And then I watched: The Doctors revisited! And now I'd like to watch every doctor, especially Peter Davison although I don't know why :P

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

See, I really want to watch Colin Baker's just because his Doctor gets a lot of hate. All hail the Master!

message 41: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 119 comments I just want to watch every single episode and then I'll watch it again and again!!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, a lot of them are available on Daily Motion and Combom.

message 43: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 119 comments I watch them on Daily Motion... I will buy some of them, but just the one I really love :)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Is Daily Motion fairly pixelated for you?

message 45: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 119 comments It's alright, much better than to buy every single episode :) It could be much worse.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. Yeah, it could be.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Rose is my favorite so far...Martha's okay, and Donna seemed annoying in her first episode. But Jack was awesome. In the season finale of season one on Satellite 5...that was so sad.

Snowdrop, Daughter of Apollo (SadieMKane) ROSE ROSE ROSE ROSE ROSE ROSE ROSE!!!! AMY Amy Amy AmyAmyAmyAmyAmy!!! Donna donna Donna Donna Donna Donna!!! jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack jack!!
Clara Clara clara Clara....

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Here's my list so far (I haven't met Amy, Rory, or Clara yet):

1. Rose
2. Jack
3. Martha
4. Mickey
5. Donna (she's not a companion yet for me, but I'll count her)
6. Adam

message 50: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 119 comments What are you currently watching, you haven't reached season 4 yet?

« previous 1