Murder and Sweet Tea discussion

For Writers > New to this group

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marielena (new)

Marielena Zuniga | 1 comments I'm new to this group and look forward to connecting with other writers and readers, especially those drawn to the South or with Southern roots. I'm still navigating Goodreads so may bumble along here, but would love to know some of your favorite Southern authors (you may have already discussed). I'm a huge fan of Flannery O'Connor and Carson McCullers, among others. And btw, love the name of this group!

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken Bishop | 15 comments Mod
Hi Marielena, Welcome to the group. As for Southern writers, I like your choices, too. In no particular order, I’m a fan of contemporary Southern authors Greg Iles, John Grisham, Steve Berry, Mary Anna Evans, and Sallie Bissell just to name a random few. Maybe one will be to your liking. Feel free to stumble, bumble or rumble by any ole time with your drink of choice. We won’t check your alcohol level. It won’t matter as long as we can decode what you’re typing. ;-)

message 3: by Pat (new)

Pat Sawtelle Hi everyone! I'm Pat Sawtelle author of the Chalice Princess series. I'm an avid reader of cozy mysteries and a bit of an obsessed writer. I wrote 15 novels in 5 1/2 years and just getting started with a publisher as book 1 (Chalice Moon) has published and book 2 (Kidnapper's Moon) is on the way. While I am still writing I'm also in learning mode. I am looking for help with tips on being a published author. This group caught my eye because I love cozy mysteries and tea. Living in the greater Memphis, TN area, tea is a must. Any guidance on getting the most out of Goodreads would be helpful. I am actively putting my "have read" and "to read" list on it as well as setting up my author page, so could use tips on both parts. Thanks in advance!