What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Transcontinental railroad

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Tabler | 25 comments My husband ask if I might know the name of a book, I didn't so I am asking you. The story is about the transcontinental railroad and the Pinkertons were investigating for sabotage. Also there were bombs that where destroying tunnels and bridges. That is all he can remember aout the book. He is also not sure if its a fiction or non fiction. He heard it on Sirius book radio while they had this station still on air, probally about 2 years.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments There is a historical fic about Allen Pinkerton Pinkerton's Secret: A Novel Pinkerton's Secret A Novel by Eric Lerner

message 3: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1211 comments Possibly the 2nd Isaac Bell book by Clive Cussler and Justin Scott. The detective agency isn't the Pinkertons, but is loosely based on them.

The Wrecker

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4161 comments Suggesting two more:
The Highbinders
Bleeding Kansas

message 5: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1211 comments Not that I recall in "The Wrecker", but it's been 3-4 years since I read it.

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4161 comments sorry, no idea, I haven't read them (I should have mentioned it), maybe if you message some of their readers?

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Tabler | 25 comments Bargle wrote: "Not that I recall in "The Wrecker", but it's been 3-4 years since I read it."
sorry wrong post lol

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Tabler | 25 comments Ayshe wrote: "sorry, no idea, I haven't read them (I should have mentioned it), maybe if you message some of their readers?"
sorry wrong post

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Railroad Schemes?

Dark Trail?
Struggling to maintain order in the face of the transcontinental railroad, rivaling miners, and a justice-seeking marshal, Cole Tyler and Billy Casebolt encounter more trouble in a vengeful stranger from New Orleans.

The U.P. Trail?
While workers build the Union Pacific Railway, the United States Army fights the Native Americans.

Would Sirius book radio only be discussing new books?

message 10: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1211 comments I've sent Jennifer a message. She was active last month, so maybe she will answer.

message 11: by Bargle (last edited Oct 13, 2017 03:31AM) (new)

Bargle | 1211 comments Never received a reply. Looks like this is headed for abandoned.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Jennifer, are you still looking for this or did you find it?