The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Is Peeta a weak character?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Natalie Quite a few people have told me that they hate Peeta because he was whiny or weak, and I was wondering if anyone else thought this.

Shellie I think he was really strong. In the first book he said he didn't want the experience, even if he died, to change him. And he didn't change. By the end of the third book he could have succumbed to all sorts of psychosis and evils, but he stayed true to who he was - a peaceful man even though he suffered so much injustice. That aint weak ;) Plus, he had the strength to love Katniss, even though she was not easy too win.

message 3: by sim (new) - rated it 5 stars

sim Maybe not physically but mentally he was the strongest person. His strength and determination was astounding.
Also, how many people do you know who would plant primroses outside Katniss's house who were just very recently hijacked and made to believe that Katniss ruined his life? Who would announce Capitol's attack on TV knowing that they would get tortured for it later? Even though Katniss's sister died, Peeta was the one who suffered most. At least Katniss didn't have her brain washed and then have people tell her all the things Capitol told her was a lie and whatnot.

So Peeta and 'weak'?
A big fat NO.

Daniela Florez Maybe he was at some point but, weren’t they all? I mean, it’s Panem! And If I would have to give the name of the strongest person in the series, that would be Peeta. He suffered like no other, and I mean he was brainwashed, tortured and he was chosen to kill in order to survive, 2 times! And he was Katniss support through it all, I kind of thought sometimes that he was stupid for trying to pleased and protect Katniss but he was in love and he fought for her which I termed as the oppose to weak. He also had the strength to put his life back together (and Katniss’s) after he was torn apart in little pieces, and the thing I consider the bravest about him was that he actually worked on his happiness. Being a peaceful person, kind and a pacifist is not synonymous with weak, anyone who thinks that didn’t get the story right.

Stevie Well said, my friend. Well said.

message 6: by sim (new) - rated it 5 stars

sim Daniela wrote: "Maybe he was at some point but, weren’t they all? I mean, it’s Panem! And If I would have to give the name of the strongest person in the series, that would be Peeta. He suffered like no other, and..."

*Applauds*

Anna-Donnis (Ƥяσ-Яɛα∂ɛя;-p) Yes, but so were most of the main characters at some point in the books

message 8: by B. (new) - rated it 5 stars

B. Reynolds Did these people that think Peeta weak, did they even read the books???

Hayley he isnt weak physically nor mentally. He is very strong mentally first of all like all victors they have to deal with being murders but also because he was tortured and hijacked into thinking his true love was his worse enemy and he had to overcome it . Also he is very strong physically from working at the bakery, he can through hundred pound bags of flour , he can wrestle well , etc

Hayley Daniela wrote: "Maybe he was at some point but, weren’t they all? I mean, it’s Panem! And If I would have to give the name of the strongest person in the series, that would be Peeta. He suffered like no other, and..."

well said

Amanda Peeta is not weak. He was so brave and he loved Katniss. To love and not give up takes so much strength. He did hard things for the ones he loved. He went through so much and yet he came out the other side. That takes extraordinary strength.

Kayci Morgan It wasn't that he was weak. It was that he was the perfect girlfriend. He was loving, devoted and nurturing. He was competent, and did his best, which only got him so far, but after that he had to be saved by the hero (Katniss) who was the silent aloof one. He even bakes...

I'm sure this gender reversal probably made some people uncomfortable with Peeta even if they couldn't articulate why. Because Peeta is neither physically, emotionally, or mentally weak. He was just cast in a role usually held by women.

I think he's a groundbreaking character. He shows that guys can be sensitive, caring and artistic without being weak.

Elizabeth "Is Peeta a weak character?" now, what do you mean by a weak character? In writing terms, a "weak" character is one who is one-sided, trite, boring - physical fitness is irrelevant. A character who has no flaws and is always perfect could also be considered a "weak" character, because that's bad writing, a "Mary Sue". Peeta, as I recall, has his motivations and his weaknesses, despite being very brave.He is very nuturing and supportive. Also he can lift large objects. So, in neither sense is he a weak character. He goes through a lot, and is affected by it. He's not Superman.

This is almost the inverse of the whole "we need more Strong Female Characters" debate. Some people get confused about what is meant by "strong female character. They write in a one-note token tough action female in certain movies sometimes, whose purpose is to wear tight clothes and always look hot, no matter how much she's been fighting...and say "look, we wrote a strong female character". Because she's strong, physically, like a man. But she has no depth.There's someone on Tumblr who thinks Elsa from Frozen isn't a "strong female character" because she runs away from her problems( forgetting how stories work, that plot requires conflict, and her character has an arc). Some people think a character has to be absolutely flawless to be strong.

Maybe we shouldn't be asking "Is this a strong female character, is this a strong male character?" We should be asking, is this an interesting character? is this a complex character? does this character make sense? People shouldn't have to always fit into gendered definitions of strength.

message 14: by Paige (last edited May 11, 2014 12:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paige I think Peeta lays low to stay off everyone's radar on purpose. He doesn't have a set of badass skills or anything like that, but he's far from weak. In the first book, he sets himself apart from Katniss in order to try and protect her and secretly give her strength as well (the interviews). When he got sick and lost his leg, perhaps that made him seem weak but those are things that were out of his control, not a result of his personality, skills, or strength.
In the second book, he is giving Katniss up, giving her a chance to have a life with Gale... To me, that is the biggest show of maturity ever- to let go of someone you care deeply about because their happiness is your happiness and therefore more importnant than his own. He's far from being selfish about his feelings for her.
In the third book, I about died after learning the things done to him. I cried... so much... even in front of my dad... shamelessly... at age 20 (and still admitting to it years later). It was terrible! I was in this funk for about a week. It was so unfair what the Capital did to him and how it was nowhere near possible to ever get him back to the way he was before... it's still unfair. No matter how many years go by since I've read the book last, I will never heal from that devastation.

When I was blubbering to my dad about the wrongness of it all (yes folks, I said wrongness), he shared some very memorable words. "They were at war, Allie... did you think something good was going to happen? War is never good, it's never fair. Real life is never fair. War never has a happy ending, even for those who come out victorious."
War is real. Bad things happen. People will never heal from certain pains & horrors in life, whether it be phsysically or mentally or psychologically.
It sure does put life in a different perspective...

Karizma Limbu No I dont think peeta is weak but in some point he was weak (other characters were weak aswell). When his name was taken during the reaping he was afraid. Why?? All of them wud be scared because death is calling them. Katniss could used the bow and arrow because she had to survive through this. Peeta was a baker boy so he didn't had to go much through it. Like katniss said he is extremely strong he could lift bags of flour like 100 pounds or something. During THG he gave the strength to Katniss and protected her.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Elizabeth wrote: ""Is Peeta a weak character?" now, what do you mean by a weak character? In writing terms, a "weak" character is one who is one-sided, trite, boring - physical fitness is irrelevant. A character who..."

Very well said (applauds***).

Molly Selman I hate Peeta. He follows Katniss around like a sad puppy dog and lets her treat him like crap throughout the series. I don't think she ever truly loves him, I think eventually their connection causes him to be the only person she can love (and the reasons regarding Prim that she can't love Gale anymore). Peeta is pathetic..

message 18: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Natalie wrote: "Quite a few people have told me that they hate Peeta because he was whiny or weak, and I was wondering if anyone else thought this."

message 19: by Joyce (new)

Joyce remember peeta lived at home as was lonely----and i think he was outsspoken and very physically strong---he didnt hang in the woods and they needed to focus the sstrengths of katness---young school boys in love always appear soft then notice as the years go on in the next ones less shows but true emotional and real outspoken with words--not weak
really qiuite attracted to him ----oh you know reL LIFE A GAY MAN

Saige Yes Peeta was weak, he basically never took the offensive in any of the Games. He didn't seem to truly love Katniss, even thought the author says he did I just didn't feel his love like I do with characters in other books.

message 21: by Natalie (last edited May 25, 2014 09:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Natalie Molly wrote: "I hate Peeta. He follows Katniss around like a sad puppy dog and lets her treat him like crap throughout the series. I don't think she ever truly...

Personally, I don't think Peeta was "pathetic", but he did allow Katniss to walk all over him and worshiped at her freaking alter even when she treated him lower than dirt (I guess that's more being whipped than anything else). I think the aftermath of Peeta being tortured was really interesting because he told the truth about Katniss for the first time. I thought I was the only one, but I asked a couple of friends and they agreed, so I guess I'm not alone in wishing Peeta would stand up for himself every once in a while, instead of taking Katniss' crap.

message 22: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary It takes a very strong man (character) to do what Peeta must do to ensure they all stay alive. His only weakness is Katnis. Katnis is very strong but cannot see the forest for the trees her focus is so tight. Peeta balances her out well.

message 23: by Tris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tris prior Kinda've he was weak physically but strong mentally

message 24: by AgCl (new) - rated it 3 stars

AgCl just because he wasn't as willing to kill as Katniss or Gale or any of the tributes and victors doesn't mean he's weak. He might not have been very adroit but surely nobody expects anyone who spends their lives baking to be good with weapons and murder. People who say he is are just too stuck up with the whole knight-in-shining-armor-saves-damsel-in-distress cliche.

Mikki Liddiatt I think Peeta was possibly the strongest character in the whole story. It takes a lot of strength and courage to do everything that your not meant to. Refusing to kill anyone in the games because he didn't want it to change who he was. Loving Katnis unconditionally through the whole story even though he could never know if he loved him or Gale even being torched he would not endanger her. How was he to know she's come for him. Yes Katnis was strong but she knew why she had to be. Prim, Gale, Her Mother and for Peeta. Peeta was strong even though he believed his family never believed he would make it through the first games.Even though he never knew if he would have Katnis or a family of his own, yet she still stayed true to himself.

Melissa LoParco I really hate when people say they don't like Peeta because he is 'weak.' Peeta is an incredible strong character - both figuratively and literally. We know how physically strong he is because Katniss comments on it during the books, but I think his success lies in his head - Peeta is ridiculously smart. He strategizes and uses his wit and charm to sway things in his direction. Lest not forget it was him that got Katniss and Haymitch ready for the Quarter Quell in "Catching Fire" - he was a quiet leader.
I really love the complexity that is Peeta Mellark and wish more people could see how kick ass he actually is!

brooke1994 He's a sensitive character.... but definitely not weak. I think a lot of people get those two definitions confused and think they're the same.... they're not. He's sensitive in the good way, caring about Katniss and putting her needs before his own, even when she never acknowledged it. Weak would be him not caring for her or him being self centered, at least... in my view.

Maddie Uh, are you kidding me???? WEAK???? NO!!!!!!! He survived terrifying tortue and harsh punishments and suffered over and over. Especially with his leg injury. He is definitely strong. Anybody who thinks Peeta isn't strong or is weak and whiny, are dead wrong. Maybe reread the book again. Sorry for the strong opinion :)

Julia Hold_My_Heart wrote: "He's a sensitive character.... but definitely not weak. I think a lot of people get those two definitions confused and think they're the same.... they're not. He's sensitive in the good way, caring..."

I really agree with that; it's a great way to put it. But it did seem like Katniss was more in control of every situation (not saying that Peeta is weak though).

Maddie I think Katniss did that because of her family and Gale, and when she realized she loved Peeta, for Peeta as well.

Julia ♥ Missy Maddie ♥ wrote: "I think Katniss did that because of her family and Gale, and when she realized she loved Peeta, for Peeta as well."

Exactly, I just didn't know how to explain that. You put it perfectly :)

Maddie :) It's a gift :) LOL

brooke1994 Julia wrote: "Hold_My_Heart wrote: "He's a sensitive character.... but definitely not weak. I think a lot of people get those two definitions confused and think they're the same.... they're not. He's sensitive ..."

Well, true.

message 34: by John (new) - added it

John Kayci wrote: "It wasn't that he was weak. It was that he was the perfect girlfriend. He was loving, devoted and nurturing. He was competent, and did his best, which only got him so far, but after that he had to ..."

Nicely said. Good reversal and insightful description!

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 29, 2018 12:35PM) (new)

While Katniss is widely considered a very strong protagonist, Peeta is strong in a different way. He is willing to sacrifice his own life for the people he cares about. In the first book, he tells Katniss not to go after the mystery package because she might get killed, even though if she doesn't get any medicine for him, he will definitely die. Also, it takes a lot of courage to risk torture to let District 13 know there was an attack coming. A big reason Peeta is seen as weak is because he is being compared to Katniss.

Clove and Cato NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Peeta is strong did you see the careers were surprised when he threw the spike ball???

message 37: by Ada (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ada Fitch Considering people lie out of fear then my answer would be yes.