Rams Readers Spring 2014 discussion

My Choice: Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin | 20 comments Overall, this book was great. It took one then old time stories and twisted it around to where the protagonists was the antagonists. It did take me back to the movie and I could visually see myself visualizing it. It takes us back to thinking how OZ was not how we once saw it, it is horrible and in chaos. The book picks up where the movie left off, stating how Dorothy got home and grew tired of her surroundings, so she went back to oz. This time she grew power hungry, where she grew evil talking all the powers and things to herself. However, she wasn't the only one we soon see the tin man, the lion and the scarecrow also turn into a evil character. The main character in the story, is a young girl who is does not know her main mission in life yet, but we see her go along and eventually learn she will be the young lady to kill Dorothy. However, this book is a series so expect another one to hit the shelf. I wouldn’t read it if you weren’t, expecting to be tied down to another book or a cliff hanger. The book did start off with a slow start, but I saw it gradually move on as the story went through.

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cjhicks) | 76 comments Erin wrote: "Overall, this book was great. It took one then old time stories and twisted it around to where the protagonists was the antagonists. It did take me back to the movie and I could visually see myself..."
I am going to have to read this book, it sounds so interesting and the author really had a great idea on how to twist the story, so it has been added to my list.