Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Edition changed?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) | 42 comments I have a book on my currently-reading shelf, and there was previously no cover. But today I looked and saw one that I did not recognize. So I clicked on it and it brought me to the book's page, except the cover had been changed, and the title has been added to a series of books in Bosnian.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

It's not part of any series (as far as I'm concerend), especially one in Bosnian! So I don't know what to do. Thank you in advance :)

message 2: by Monique (last edited May 01, 2014 02:18PM) (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Emma,

Do you happen to have an ISBN for your edition?

Also, a quick look at the series suggests that maybe it is an imprint. I'm checking on that.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) | 42 comments No it's an out of print edition that was published in 1955.

message 4: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments OK - I was just making sure that I was looking at the right edition. So, you have a different cover on your edition than the one now showing? Is that correct?

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) | 42 comments And it's not part of a series, too.
The cover I have is old and falling apart - like some sort of cloth that would be used to bag potatoes...

message 6: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3379 comments i believe that edition had a dust cover
here is the amazon link to that edition
http://www.amazon.com/Decameron-Giova...

message 7: by Emma (last edited May 01, 2014 02:33PM) (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) | 42 comments Yeah that's the same publisher and translator, but a different edition. Mine was first published in 1933.

message 8: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Deon, thank you. I think I'm going to replace the existing image with this one from Amazon. It looks like the cover is ok then.

Emma, now your edition has an image of the cover instead of no cover, which is all that's changed. As I said before, it looks like the series is really an imprint but I am looking into that so won't change anything unless I am sure it's the right thing to do.

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) | 42 comments Ok.