Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > * Group Readalong Ideas *

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited May 01, 2014 02:07PM) (new)

Below is a list of true crime stories that have multiple books about each one . If we can get a group together that would like to try this, then we can vote on a group project .

Each person participating can read any book they can find on the case, or online articles, videos, etc to give them extra info . We'll pick a date to discuss it then and see how many differing opinions we may have of whodunit ,etc .

These should all have lots of different books written about them,which would give us a wide variety of information and viewpoints .

Lizzie Borden
Jack the Ripper
Lindberg Kidnapping
Black Dahlia
Zodiac

message 2: by dave (new)

dave (thebat37) | 7 comments Of all of them id say the black dahlia is the one ive read the least about, so i shall cast my vote tor that case

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds great ,there are lots of books on it !

message 4: by Arrington Grey (new)

Arrington Grey | 3 comments My vote would also go to the Black Dahlia...primarily because I just started reading a book about her. I'd be happy to read about any of these cases though, so I won't be terribly disapointed if it doesn't make the cut! ;)

message 5: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3326 comments Mod
I created a poll for this, vote here. I left the end date open and allowed for write ins. I am leaving it up to Kaye to decide when we have the discussion since this is her idea and I really appreciate her help in keeping this group going.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Beleza
I think a poll would be helpful ,and any write-ins are also welcome, of course. I had some other lesser known cases that also have more than one book written about them, but didn't know how available they'd be so went with ones that everyone has probably heard a lot about .
I'm waiting to set a date after we see if we can get some more responses. The more people that show an interest, the more fun it'd be ,so I'll give it at least a few days or a week til we see if we can get more people involved .
Thanks for your help and backup support in this !

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Carr | 5 comments I would love to do a read a long! I love True Crime!

message 8: by Mary Claire (new)

Mary Claire (mcmattiello) It looks like Zodiac is at the top of the list so far. This is the one I know the least about. There are tons of websites about this one. Great idea!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Stacey
We'd love to include you, thanks for posting :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Mary
Yes, the Zodiac is quite a fascinating case, so it'd be lots of fun to discuss . Hope you'll join in ,we'd love to have you .

message 11: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

I just looked at the poll and noticed two write ins for books that were listed in the poll. If this was done to get extra votes for the book "Shame on you!"

However, if you wrote it in because you didn't see them listed, no problem, everyone makes mistakes!

P.S. I voted for Zodiac so it being in first place makes me HAPPY HAPPY.

message 12: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Also I'm glad someone wrote in Boston Strangler, it's another case that has fascinated me.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

No big deal if someone wrote in votes . I'm just glad for the responses :)
I'll take votes any way someone wants to vote ,just so we can get the group going again !

Boston Strangler was also interesting ,and there are those who say the wrong person was convicted ... I'm not sure about it myself . It would easily be another good one to discuss .

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read anything on the Zodiac case yet, so I'll go with that one. Black Dahlia is also one I'm interested in. My sister has been insisting that I read Black Dahlia Avenger: A Genius for Murder.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Black Dahlia is also a fascinating case ,so maybe if this first one goes well, we can have a new poll the next time and Black Dahlia wins, we could try that one next .

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.