Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived "Buddy Reads" > How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks (Start Date: June 02, 2014)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited May 01, 2014 01:57PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4356 comments

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire, by Kerrelyn Sparks

Nobody said love was perfect...

Roman Draganesti is charming, handsome, rich...he's also a vampire. But this vampire just lost one of his fangs sinking his teeth into something he shouldn't have. Now he has one night to find a dentist before his natural healing abilities close the wound, leaving him a lop-sided eater for all eternity.

Things aren't going well for Shanna Whelan, either. After witnessing a gruesome murder, she's next on the mob's hit list. And her career as a dentist appears to be on a downward spiral, because she's afraid of blood. When Roman rescues her from an assassination attempt, she wonders if she's found the one man who can keep her alive. Though the attraction between them is immediate and hot, can Shanna conquer her fear of blood to fix Roman's fang? And if she does, what will prevent Roman from using his fangs on her?

✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀✿✿❀

We’re going to try this one as a “buddy read” in June. Please join us.

Expect Spoilers - but try and hold off until the end of the month. Otherwise put them under a “view spoiler.”

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4356 comments Reserved.

Lara | 2335 comments I'm looking forward to it!

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I've already started, only on chapter 2 .

Oleander | 188 comments I want in on this buddy read

message 6: by Elishia (new)

Elishia | 2620 comments ShoSho wrote: "I've already started, only on chapter 2 ."

Aren't you a month early?

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 397 comments Way to go ShoSho! How are you liking it so far? the fang-episode gave me cramps from laughing.

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I didn't know there was a buddy read!I'm on my way back home in Bangkok airport. How did the buddy read started?

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 397 comments Many had this book on their TBR shelf and when I started on about how crazy this book gets, we all decided on a buddy read :)

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments ShoSho wrote: "I didn't know there was a buddy read!I'm on my way back home in Bangkok airport. How did the buddy read started?"

Ipshita is right - too much discussion about it in the April SGOM thread.

message 11: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm in! I can't wait!

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **chuckles** Welcome, Susan.

message 13: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm on chapter 12 13 something, I'm loving it!
What's with these vampires and their (view spoiler)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 397 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm on chapter 12 13 something, I'm loving it!
What's with these vampires and their [spoilers removed]"

IKR! Did you reach the part about (view spoiler)?

message 15: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Ipshita wrote: " Did you reach the part about"

Yes I read it last night !It was the most ridiculous thing ever !(view spoiler)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 164 comments I've read several books in this series and this wasn't one of them. I'd love to join in. Do we start reading it in June or do I have to have it finished by the end of May to begin discussing?

message 17: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Great, Christina .
We haven't decided on a date yet. we usually start discussing the book on the date we start the book.

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 397 comments We are going to start reading it in June. It's just that me and ShoSho started reading it before this buddy read was decided.

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 397 comments ShoSho wrote: "Ipshita wrote: " Did you reach the part about"

Yes I read it last night !It was the most ridiculous thing ever ![spoilers removed]"

Lol!I have no idea.(view spoiler)

message 20: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Ipshita wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "Ipshita wrote: " Did you reach the part about"

Yes I read it last night !It was the most ridiculous thing ever ![spoilers removed]"

Lol!I have no idea.[spoilers removed]"

LMAO! It is interesting:D
We have to read those French and Scottish vampires books to know more about it and how it all works!

Lauren (laurenjberman) I've had this one for a while and am in for a June buddy read :0)

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Great ,Lauren !

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Neat! When in June are we thinking?

message 24: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm going on vacation from June 8-13, so I'd prefer before or after :)

message 25: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments where are you going, Susan?

message 26: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Universal Studios, Orlando. It's the home of Harry Potter World!

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments wow ,I'd like to go !It must be interesting

message 28: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments This will be our first trip there. We typically go to Disney, but Lauren is a HUGE Potter fan so we decided to try this. I'll let you know how fun it is lol

message 29: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Brilliant!

message 30: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Yep, the girls are counting down the days :)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Susan (susayq ~) wrote: "This will be our first trip there. We typically go to Disney, but Lauren is a HUGE Potter fan so we decided to try this. I'll let you know how fun it is lol"

That sounds fabulous!

message 32: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Lauren wrote: "Susan (susayq ~) wrote: "This will be our first trip there. We typically go to Disney, but Lauren is a HUGE Potter fan so we decided to try this. I'll let you know how fun it is lol"

That sounds f..."

I am excited. Maybe even more than the girls lol we need to buy new swimsuits next week. There's a lazy river at the resort ;)

message 33: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **gasp** I was dreaming of one of those 'lazy rivers' in a water amusement park last night! Someone was going to put one around my house... which would be fine by my. LOL!

message 34: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Lauren has asked if we could build one around the house LOL

message 35: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Sounds like a wonderful idea to me! Smart kid.

message 36: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4356 comments So, ladies. June 2nd a good day to start?

message 37: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments June 2 is fine with me!

message 38: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara | 2335 comments Works for me as well.

Lauren (laurenjberman) Works for me too!

message 40: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 512 comments Sounds good to me!

message 41: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 512 comments I want to go to Universal Studios! Got room for one more? :D

message 42: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Make that room for two more. ☺

message 43: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments sure, ya'll come on!

message 44: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Any of you ladies planing to read Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini Singh on the release date(June 3)?

message 45: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments ShoSho wrote: "Any of you ladies planing to read Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini Singh on the release date(June 3)?"

You know I am!

message 46: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Do you want the date changed or are you going to read HTMAMV before SoW?

message 47: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'll more than likely read this early.

message 48: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I need to catch up in that series. **sigh**

message 49: by Hayley (new) - added it

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 718 comments Oooh this book sounds good, I'm in :)

Oleander | 188 comments I've only read the first couple of pages and I'm laughing because there is a sex doll. The last book I read had an unexpected three-way with a doll so what are the odds that here comes another doll!? Of course, I haven't read far enough to know what they are going to do with this doll yet.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.