YA and Beyond discussion

MONTHLY BOOK DISCUSSIONS > May 2014: Aerenden

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 6961 comments Mod
Place to discuss the May monthly read Aerenden: The Child Returns Aerenden The Child Returns (Ærenden, #1) by Kristen Taber by our very own group member Kristen Taber :)

message 2: by Kristen (last edited May 02, 2014 04:53AM) (new)

Kristen Taber | 506 comments I'm so excited! And since The Child Returns isn't offered in a library, I decided to give you the chance to get it for free...

All you have to do is go here:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Choose whatever format you want, then use this coupon code at "checkout": PF83A. It'll make the book free. I've set the code to expire on the 9th. Please don't share this with anyone, but do encourage them to come join the group and the monthly read :).

Of course, if you choose to buy it instead, I won't be heartbroken ;). But either way, I'm thrilled to have you reading the book this month! I'm looking forward to discussing it with you.

Yay Kristen! You are awesome. I bought my copy and plan to get the audiobook as well :)

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 506 comments Thanks so much, Heidi!

*b*l*u*e*m*o*o*n* | 986 comments Mod
thanks Kristen!!!!

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 506 comments Bluemoon wrote: "thanks Kristen!!!!"

Thanks for selecting the book :).

I bought the audiobook and hope to get to it in the next 1-2 weeks. As soon as I finish the library books I already started :)

message 8: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 506 comments Thanks :). I love that amazon does the switch back and forth thing :)

message 9: by Kaylani (new)

Kaylani (cityeclectics) | 277 comments Thanks! I am excited to read it but I am a bit back-logged so *hopefully* in a week! :D

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 506 comments Awesome, Kaylani! so glad you'll be joining us :)

I hope to start next week as well!

I started the audiobook yesterday and am about 2 hours into it. It is really good so far!

I am about 4 hours into the audio now and am really liking it.

message 14: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 506 comments Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * wrote: "I am about 4 hours into the audio now and am really liking it."

Which part are you on?

I am almost through the first 5 hours. They just saved the little boy and met his "people"

message 16: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 506 comments Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * wrote: "I am almost through the first 5 hours. They just saved the little boy and met his "people""

Oh yes. Aldin isn't exactly my nephew, but he reminds me of him a little.

And I'm done! I really enjoyed it Kristen and am glad I have book 2 lined up! I will post some more when Kaylani starts it so we can chat :)

message 18: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 506 comments Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * wrote: "And I'm done! I really enjoyed it Kristen and am glad I have book 2 lined up! I will post some more when Kaylani starts it so we can chat :)"

Oh yay :). I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait to discuss it :).

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Kristen I posted my review here and on Amazon! Can't wait for book 2 :)

message 20: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 506 comments thanks so much, Heidi! I really appreciate that :). can't wait to see what you think of book 2!

message 21: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 2471 comments Mod
Yay, great review Heidi! I'm glad you liked it! :D

Thanks Brigid. Have you read book 2??

message 23: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 2471 comments Mod
Yup, and book 3 as well. :D

Oooo you are way ahead of me!