The Sword and Laser discussion

The Magicians (The Magicians, #1)
This topic is about The Magicians
Scifi / Fantasy News > The Magicians TV show

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gautam | 20 comments http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/syfy-i...
So apparently Scyfy is attempting to make The Magicians into a TV show. I really did love this book, but i'm not sure how anyone would go about doing this. The first half of the book has so much angst and teenage drama. Then shit gets crazy and they travel through worlds. There is such a dramatic difference between the two halves of the book. And then the second book gets even crazier.
So, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how this could be made? Or if there are any shows that come to mind with such a crazy twist half way through.

message 2: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome | 6110 comments

message 3: by Matheus (last edited May 01, 2014 12:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matheus (Matheuslr8) | 36 comments Yeah, I also don’t see this becoming a good TV show. I love the book (I can’t wait for the third one this year). Like you said, I don’t think the book could translate well to the screen. Also, you need to go beyond the PG-13 (which SyFy would not do), because the “Harry Potter for adults” it’s one of the big appeals of the books. I’m not saying that this is true (in fact, it’s a big misconception) but really helped sell the books.

I know how old and boring I sound saying this, but some books are better being just books.

AndrewP (andrewca) | 2451 comments That's going to be worse than Sharknado.

Tina (javabird) | 679 comments Tamahome wrote: ""

Bill Bixby was the best Incredible Hulk, IMHO.