The Malazan Fallen discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho (chevalierdulys) Anyone ever heard this band - Caladan Brood? It's songs are set on Malazan.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/C...

Check the lyrics. I think they really understand the world Erikson & Esslemont created.

message 2: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Pratt | 354 comments Black metal? Doesn't sound Malazan to me, but others may differ. The killer for me is that they don't have a fiddler. Just sayin...

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | 38 comments omg! i've been looking for some good malazan music! i like black metal... but not for this! i need a good power metal band with some good power metal like blind guardian or something in that department!

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori Curious, what would Malazan sound like?

Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho (chevalierdulys) check the lyrics. i think they are great. and this is not puré black metal. its folk blackish metal. But i understand why people who dont Like metal would not like it.

message 6: by Deeptanshu (new)

Deeptanshu | 10 comments Zayne wrote: "Lori (Hellian) wrote: "Curious, what would Malazan sound like?"

haha I think it would be a cross between rock and Gaelic music or something like Two Steps from Hell ."

agreed Two Steps from hell would really suit the Malazan universe. Though I am glad to see there is a band dedicated to it.

message 7: by John (new)

John | 2 comments Paulo "paper books always" wrote: "Anyone ever heard this band - Caladan Brood? It's songs are set on Malazan.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/C...

Check the lyrics. I think they really understand the worl..."

Funny - I am way into the Caladan Brood record. I actually got into the band first and then decided to check out the books after learning CB was based on the Malazan series.

message 8: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy | 1 comments I love this band, I listened to it a lot when I was reading the books. I especially love the track Book of the Fallen and To Walk the Ashes of Dead Empires.

These lyrics are the best part of the To Walk the Ashes of Dead Empires song.

Son of shadows betrays the night, father walks away from light
Mother Darkness leaves us to die
Kharkanas sounds its final hour, resplendent halls are empty and pallid
Brothers forced another way
A breach was sealed but a host was torn, raised this wall only to fall
Bones ground into sands of the shore
A voice reborn and a voice was shorn, the vice of centuries of life
Must we make this sacrifice?

message 9: by John (new)

John | 2 comments Badass