Role Play Your Day Away! discussion

CONTESTS! > Short Story Contest!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rebecca, the head mod. XD (new)

Rebecca | 3160 comments Mod
This is our first contest! Write a short story(1-5 pgs long) and post a link to it here! The winner will have their story turned into a RP!!!!! I am the judge!

message 2: by Rebecca, the head mod. XD (new)

Oh, and the contest closes on the 1st.

message 3: by Silver (new)

Silver I'm so bad at writing short stories... I could probably pull it off, but I can't promise it will be great. I keep trying to write longer things...

message 4: by Rebecca, the head mod. XD (new)

ok!

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn becca, are you online and not telling me?!?! lol

message 6: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade Wait, you mean August 1st? Ack, not enough time... I'm too busy XP

message 7: by Silver (new)

Silver I start school on the 3rd... and I'm not ready...

message 8: by Rebecca, the head mod. XD (new)

the 3rd?! thats evil! im extending the date to the 6th.

message 9: by Silver (new)

Silver Well technically I could start later. I'm homeschooled. But I like to end early.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I start school the 11th

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

ooo, i start Aug. 24

message 12: by Jenn (new)

Jenn i start sometime in september, i think

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

that's late

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucky.

message 15: by Jenn (new)

Jenn well, we get out later than most schools....idk, its early september, or maybe just really late august, im not sure...we havent even picked up our schedules yet...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I got my schedule yesturday

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 18: by Silver (new)

Silver I got my schedule like a month ago but I lost it. I might have to get rid of some stuff, it's a bit full...

message 19: by Rebecca, the head mod. XD (new)

Jenn{ bLiNk 182 LuVa!!!!} wrote: "i start sometime in september, i think"

me too!

message 20: by Natalie, the old mod (new)

Natalie (kyogre) | 126 comments Mod
and me! i'm good at finding ideas for stories but i can't put them together.

message 21: by Silver (new)

Silver New contest, perhaps? I start school tomorrow!! I'm so excited!! The first week I get to do the fun part - figuring out what I'll have to do this year and organizing my new binders.

message 22: by Rebecca, the head mod. XD (new)

k, since i forgot about this, stories are due on september 1st.

message 23: by Leader Echo (new)

Leader Echo can i just post a plot from Dragoncave i made?

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?...

message 24: by Silver (new)

Silver um, which one? I'm silverlight14.

message 25: by Leader Echo (new)

Leader Echo Last of the demi-gods.

message 26: by Silver (new)

Silver oh I think I was going to join that one but then I couldn't find it....

message 27: by Silver (new)

Silver no actually yours is better than the one I was going to join.

message 28: by Leader Echo (new)

Leader Echo *grins.* thnx. i took time making it. First i made it, then a wipe happened and i lost it so i had to start again. Very annoying.

message 29: by Silver (new)

Silver can I join? I forget which parent I wanted... *goes to look it up*

message 30: by Silver (new)

Silver Aeolus.

message 31: by Leader Echo (new)

Leader Echo sure. Can you rp in the artemis fowl rp *puppy dog eyes*

message 32: by Silver (new)

Silver Um, it's the exact same plot as the other one I looked at. That's a little scary....

message 33: by Silver (new)

Silver Also, I've never roleplayed on this site; where do I put/send my character?

message 34: by Leader Echo (new)

Leader Echo Ok, this site or dragoncave?

message 35: by Silver (new)

Silver dragoncave.

message 36: by Leader Echo (new)

Leader Echo ok. see my name (pudding.) Its bold and underlined above the image. Clcik it. You will come to a screen that says stuff about me. Click 'Personal message.' Post your bio there then click send. Ill accept it and post it on the front page and you can rp . Just read the rules and dont double post.

message 37: by Silver (new)

Silver Okay. But I have to go now... I have to help my dad take these metal chairs back to his church but then I'll be back.

message 38: by Silver (new)

Silver also, it's and [/b:] without the : for making bold, right?

message 39: by Leader Echo (new)

Leader Echo yeah.

message 40: by Silver (new)

Silver back

message 41: by Leader Echo (new)

Leader Echo k.

message 42: by Silver (new)

Silver and now I have a character... *goes to message you*

message 43: by Rebecca, the head mod. XD (new)

ummmmmmmmm... sure, echo. silver, do u want to be a judge?

message 44: by Silver (new)

Silver Can I post the beginning of a story that I wrote two days ago? (I only wrote the beginning).

message 45: by Rebecca, the head mod. XD (new)

ok

message 46: by Silver (new)

Silver kay but I have to edit it and insert html and then I'm just going to post it on here..

message 47: by Rebecca, the head mod. XD (new)

sounds good!

message 48: by Silver (new)

Silver It's called….. Document4! lolz.

Maria walked through the dark hall. She was looking for them. Three people, who were apparently locked in the old stone ruins of what might have once been a castle. It never once occurred to her that it was strange, how someone she didn't even know had come up to her and told her that three people were locked inside, waiting for her to rescue them. She hadn't thought it strange that it had been so easy to find the keys. Now it was obvious where the three captives were. Maria fit the key into the lock easily and turned it. She opened the door, expecting to find someone chained to the wall. Instead, she gasped at what she saw – a girl about her age, just sitting in the corner, her head leaning against the wall as if she had been there for a very long time. Her eyes were a startling shade of icy blue, staring right at Maria as if Maria had come like this every day. "Um, I'm here to um, rescue you…" said Maria awkwardly. Silently, the girl stood and walked to Maria. Maria took a step back uneasily. The girl stopped once she was two feet away from Maria. She was no longer staring direction at Maria, now her icy eyes were staring through Maria. Maria decided to ignore her and try the next door. But the same thing happened; only this time it was a boy. He had the same icy blue eyes as he repeated all the actions the first girl had. Maria thought about leaving, but decided she couldn’t just leave the third captive. That was her mistake. She looked down the hall and saw that the third captive's room was at the end of the hall. She unlocked the door, aware that the first two captives had become tense. When she opened it, the girl inside's icy blue eyes were only sorrowful.

And then everything went black.

Maria awoke in a dark room. She sat up and blinked, trying to see in the darkness. Immediately, the door opened and a dim light shone on the most horrible creature she had every seen. It was at least eight feet long, with the head of a snake and glowing red eyes. Its hind legs were those of a wolf, and though its arms were slightly human, its fingers ended in metal claws. "I am Zaar," it hissed, sending fear deep into Maria's heart. "I am zee king ov zis castle! I have zee three Icy Ones, you must do Zaar's commands!" Maria couldn't speak. She attempted to nod but ended up just shaking. "I vill command you on zee morning." And with that, the horrible creature slithered and jumped out the door and with a click of the door's lock, Maria was once again alone in the dark room. She breathed slow, deep breaths, trying to calm herself, when suddenly her thoughts were interrupted.

Who are you? The voice seemed to come from nowhere; it was just there, in her head, as if it had been there the whole time. Her name seemed to leap into her thoughts on its own.

Maria.

What's your real name? Maria, being Maria, didn't find it strange at all that a voice was talking in her head. So she just answered.

That is my real name.

The voice was quiet for a few seconds, then it said, Why did Zaar choose you?

What do you mean?

There has to be a reason why he wanted you here… The voice drifted off, as if it was leaving, but before it could go, Maria asked a question.

Who are you?

I… why do you wish to know? the voice had suddenly changed, as if it had never been asked that question before.

I want to know who you are. Please tell me.

Very well. I am… the eldest Icy One. I am called Icy One and my brother is called Icy Two and my sister is called Icy Three.

Icy One? Do you have another name? Like, my name is Maria?

There was a long pause. I… I was once known as Caeli. And the connection broke.

Maria felt as if she had barely fallen asleep when her door was thrown open to reveal the creature known as Zaar again. "I have decided to move to another castle," he announced in his horrible, snake-like voice. "Come…" Two servants who didn't look entirely human walked around Zaar and grabbed Maria by her wrists, pulling her after Zaar. They then pulled Maria into a large truck and pushed her down to the ground before exiting and closing the back of the truck. Maria looked into the darkness of the truck and three pairs of light blue eyes stared back at her. Gradually, as her eyes got used to the darkness, Maria was able to make out the three captives in the truck. The engine started and the truck began to move. Maria wasn't sure if she should say anything. She looked from one girl to the other, trying to figure out which one was Caeli. One had straight blonde hair and the other had wavy black hair. Both were extremely beautiful, yet frightening. The boy was more average, though Maria found it a little unsettling, the way he seemed to stare through everything towards another world.

Maria. The thought leapt suddenly into Maria's mind.

Caeli? She answered.

Caeli? No I am Celia, but I am called Icy Three. I am the youngest. But you are Maria, queen of Margolias?

I – no – what? I'm not a queen; I don't even know what Margolias is!

Ah, your memory may have been edited. May I check?

Um, sure, I don't know…
Maria thought uneasily as the girl with the wavy black hair got up and walked over to her. Celia placed her hands on Maria's forehead. Maria had the strangest sensation of her thoughts moving around on their own, before suddenly she had a memory that hadn't been there before. She knew that it had been there, but it had been hidden from her. I… I am a queen, how could I have forgotten? she thought. Caeli looked up at her, as if she had heard Maria's thought. Maria raced through her memories, trying to find where things had gone wrong. And she found it. "Michael…" she murmured to herself.

Suddenly, the truck shuddered. A note fell from a small opening at the top of the truck, and then the truck seemed to free-fall for several long seconds, before there was a huge splash and the four of them were thrown against the side of the truck, which was bobbing up and down. "We're in the sea," the boy informed them. Apparently he did not communicate by mind like the others.

"This is our chance to escape!" said Celia. Now that the large box part of the truck they were in was on its side, she was able to crawl over to the opening and try to get it open wider. Caeli looked at the boy, looking terrified.

"Icy Two and I can't swim," she whispered.

"I'll help you swim and Maria can help Icy Two," said Celia, climbing out the opening and into the sea.

"Why don't we just stay in the truck?" asked Maria.

"Because it's about to sink!" said Celia. Maria wondered how she knew this. Looking around, she couldn’t see anything wrong. However, she had met many strange people before, so she followed Celia out of the truck and into the sea, kicking off her shoes as she went. Maria and Celia waited for the other two to come out. Icy Two helped Caeli out of the truck. She fell into the water into her sister's arms. She seemed to have a deep fear of the water. "It's okay… I've got you…" Celia said soothingly as Icy Two jumped into the water and grabbed onto Maria's arms to keep from sinking. He looked as calm as ever, though.

Abruptly, a large animal rammed into the truck, which sprouted a hole and began to sink, and the four survivors began to swim toward a nearby island.

message 49: by Silver (new)

Silver Icy Two walked up the beach as if nothing had happened. Celia helped Caeli get past the edge of the water, but then Caeli fell to the ground and seemed to be… sobbing. Sobbing as if her heart was broken. Maria wondered how something like the sea could upset her that much. Maria walked over and sat by Caeli. "Caeli…" she touched Caeli's shoulder slightly and immediately the world changed before her eyes. She was watching sailor after sailor drown in the deep blue sea, and she saw the children who had died, she felt their fear, their terror, the last thoughts that ran through their head before they died… With a great effort, she pulled her hand away from Caeli, as if she was swimming towards the surface of the water from a great depth. She watched Caeli sadly for a few minutes, then decided to find Celia and Icy Two.

She found Icy Two first. "What's your name?" she asked him.

"Caden," he answered. He was pulling a long dead branch somewhere.

"Caden," Maria repeated, "What are you doing?"

"Building a tree house. You can help," he nodded toward some more branches littering the ground. Silently, she pulled a branch and followed him. Maria was surprised to see that the tree house was almost finished. Had she really been in Caeli's thoughts for that long?

It wasn't long before the tree house was completely finished. It had five rooms – four bedrooms and one large room, made of wood, with a mixture of other things making the roof. Maria wasn't sure where they had found the tools they were using.

"We'll find food if you go get Caeli," said Caden. Maria nodded and walked back to the beach where Caeli was now sitting, facing the sea. Caeli stood up and walked over to Maria. Her eyes were red around the edges, showing that she had been crying for a long time. Maria put her arm around Caeli's shoulders as they walked back to the tree house. Now Caeli's thoughts were mostly blank. But there was a question that was almost there. Maria was unable to figure out what the question was in the time it took them to get to the tree house, where Caeli walked away from her.

Celia and Caden came back with some fruits and berries and led the way into the tree house.

As they ate, Maria was very aware of the tense silence. Caeli looked depressed, Caden looked like he was off in another world, and Celia looked like she was excited about something she wasn't allowed to talk about.

message 50: by Silver (new)

Silver That's as far as I got. So if we had a roleplay we could have the four characters and then introduce some more characters. I haven't decided on all their powers - Caeli senses thoughts near her and can also get strong thoughts that people thought right before they died.

Celia is more cheerful and talkative, she's younger by like 3,000 years (they're immortal) and she can sense the future.

Caden is about 100 years younger than Caeli and I haven't decided if he's closer to Caeli or Celia.

Maria is the queen of a planet called Margolias that I've used in other stories. She can't read minds but she can probably do some things, like melting/molding metal with her hands. Maria is also immortal like an elf, though the other three don't know it yet. She's going to fall in love with Caden.

I didn't think of a plot before writing this...

« previous 1