Food & Fiction discussion

General > Your Signature Dish

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Perrino | 60 comments Mod
Tell us about your signature dish—a meal that you love to cook, eat, and share with others. Do you have one? If so, share it below!

message 2: by Dina (new)

Dina Roberts I'm much better at eating than cooking!

If I make something, it's very simple—like pasta with butter and parmesan cheese. Or a can of beans.

How about you, Matthew?

message 3: by Matthew (new)

I also prefer eating to cooking. However, I do have a signature dish! I make delicious burritos by mixing the ground beef with chopped onions, a little garlic salt, cumin, chili powder, and the special ingredient--ketchup! Might sound weird, but it's delicious.

message 4: by Dina (new)

Dina Roberts Matthew wrote: "I also prefer eating to cooking. However, I do have a signature dish! I make delicious burritos by mixing the ground beef with chopped onions, a little garlic salt, cumin, chili powder, and the spe..."

Sounds interesting! And yeah...strange about the Ketchup. But food can surprise us sometimes.

message 5: by Craftnut (last edited May 02, 2014 06:00PM) (new)

Craftnut French Lasagne from the recipe by Julia Child, slightly modified to make it a bit less kitchen destroying, LOL!! Essentially a chicken and spinach lasagne with an alfredo sauce inside, topped with a tomato sauce and a mountain of mozarella.

message 6: by Craftnut (new)

Craftnut Oh, and one more. Shrimp wrapped in bacon and grilled on skewers.

Appetizer I love to make - crumbled cooked bacon, chopped green onion, chopped tomato, mayonnaise dressing served in endive leaves. Yum!

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Craftnut, that all sounds absolutely delicious!

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna Harris (donnasquaw) | 16 comments My signature dish is Tacos! Yes, tacos I can eat them everyday of the week. I eat them a least twice a week. I make enough hamburger mixture so I can them a couple days. Also I like to go to different restaurants to try their tacos, and I have quite a few favorites.

message 9: by Craftnut (new)

Craftnut Yes, Matthew, you need to try them all. I do put recipes on my blog from time to time. Here's my tomato and roasted red pepper soup with gouda cheese -
http://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.c...
I also do book reviews. There is a lot of sewing and quilting so just ignore those if you decide to follow.

message 10: by Dina (new)

Dina Roberts Donna wrote: "My signature dish is Tacos! Yes, tacos I can eat them everyday of the week. I eat them a least twice a week. I make enough hamburger mixture so I can them a couple days. Also I like to go to differ..."

I love tacos too! What are your favorite restaurant ones?

message 11: by Donna (last edited May 05, 2014 09:17PM) (new)

Donna Harris (donnasquaw) | 16 comments We have a place here called the Ice Cream Palace both the soft and hard shell are good. There is a bar that I go to during the day awesome hard or soft shell. They double the soft shell which I really like. Some of the other restaurants are Acapulco Cafe, Qdoba Mexican Grill, Roy's Taco House, Adolph's Mexican Food, Rudy's Tacos, etc. My favorite is Beef or Beef & Bean Tacos. I do once in awhile eat Chicken tacos, they're ok, but I only eat them at home. I don't care for Taco Bells, I would rather eat at Taco John's if I go that route.

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth Donna wrote: "My signature dish is Tacos! Yes, tacos I can eat them everyday of the week. I eat them a least twice a week. I make enough hamburger mixture so I can them a couple days. Also I like to go to differ..."

Most restaurants where I live have a taco night. I am surprised at how good most are.