Cedar Rapids Public Library discussion

What book should everyone read?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly | 2 comments Mod
I almost always read Young Adult or Children's books. One of my absolute favorites is The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo. I read this book every year. Bitter sweet throughout, I think that everyone can understand its message and relate to the feelings it conveys. Plus it has beautiful illustrations.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (no1librarian) | 1 comments I love the book, A Year of Magical Thinking. It is a creative nonfiction book. I love the idea of creative nonfiction and every time I read a nonfiction book I think, how does the author know this?

message 3: by Sandy (last edited Sep 27, 2014 04:40PM) (new)

Sandy I read mostly YA or adult fiction and enjoyed Barry Lyga series (serial killer), The Madman's Daughter(series) and any book by Jeanette Walls. This Star Won't Go Out: The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl was also excellent but you will need a box of tissues.

message 4: by Kelli (new)

Kelli | 1 comments My absolutely favorite book EVER is A Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole. It is the funniest book you'll ever read, as well as a fascinating character study.