Axis Mundi X discussion

Movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jillian (last edited Feb 26, 2008 03:37PM) (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) We are so excited here in my little WI town. A Johnny Depp & Christian Bale film is for sure going to be filmed in Wisconsin but they haven't decided on cities yet. My town has been scouted and is being considered because our historic downtown will fit the 1930's era the film takes place in. The movie is called "Public Enemies" and is about John Dillinger.

Not too many exciting things happen around here so this is just so fun.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/15416...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

king-are you running a fever? bumped your head?
depp was maybe awesome in the edward scissorhand stage, and possibly kinda cool up to the first pirates thing but now he's a self preening overated twit

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I'd do him.

No, I wouldn't. But I can see why my wife would.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

sorry thought i was still in the haters group but please it's not range if you always play the same misfit outsider character with weird makeup or costume
i've turned on depp and now daniel day lewis for the same reason
there will be blood was so god awful bad because it was so good up until....
but neither or these are books and this is the what turns you on group-bale is more interesting to me than depp and jillian-get in on the extra action-we'll look for you when the movie comes out be the other lady in red

message 5: by Jillian (last edited Feb 26, 2008 04:59PM) (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) I just think it's fun to have a movie possibly being filmed in your town. This isn't something that happens everyday especially in my boring small town.

Yes I am more excited about Christian Bale. He's an amazing actor. Doesn't hurt either that he's hot as hell.

Marion Cotillard, Stephen Dorff & Gioanni Ribisi are also in this movie.

The state started something at the beginning of the year. Giving tax credits or something to get more movies to be filmed in WI. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping George Clooney heads this way.

Maureen--I am keeping my eye out on the internet and the paper for extras. The other town up for consideration is Baraboo and I'd even drive there to be an extra. I think it would be something fun the husband and I could do together.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

yah-i was with ddl too for so long and he would absolutely be an amazing bobby sands but i don't think the ira will be getting any pr anytime soon

i think it was pirate two that i just lost the depp love and as i said ddl just pissed me off a couple of nights ago at the movie theatre-there will be blood is like 3:10 to Yuma or early cheap trick-a cheap trick

somethin about when they start smilin at the awards shows just a little too put together, just a little too honored
brando set the bar for me and i just can't love the outsider that jumps in after he's been praised enough

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) I absolutely and completely agree about Mirren. I remember first seeing her in The Usual Suspect series...she is one classy & foxy dame. Wow. I so agree with everyone about Johnny Depp..and Daniel Day Lewis. Donald, if you've any idea where the interview with him you mention might be found, I'd love to read it...

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Jillian, can I move in with you for a while? Johnny Depp and Christian Bale at the same time is just too good to pass up.

Maureen, you're insane! Depp is an amazing actor. Watch any 3 of his films together (I'm counting all the Pirates films as one) and you'd not even recognize it's the same guy.

And agreed about Helen Mirren. She's a knockout.

message 9: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) I have a lovely guest room.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

yah on mirren-her and meryl, spacek....

still say depp is playin depp at this point

sorry just over him is all

bring back billie bob before angie removed his...

or old school liam neeson-in the piano

or duvall in prophet was it?

....jaquin

message 11: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
Johnny Depp in Tim Burton's 'Sweeny Todd' is pure unalloyed gold, man. I swear I creamed my panties in the theatre.

wow... that was kinda graphic. : )

message 12: by Sarah (last edited Feb 26, 2008 09:00PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Um. Charissa. I'm glad I didn't go to the same theatre after you. I hate sitting in a sticky seat.

OK, so don't hate me. But as much as I LOVED Sweeney Todd and Depp's performance, I really really prefer Michael Cerveris. And while I loved the fact that Toby was played by a child, no one can compare to Manoel Felciano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iLKi_...

message 13: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I think I'm going to be sick... Johnny Depp is merely the dark version of Dicaprio. I haven't liked anything Dicaprio did over much since What's Eating Gilbert Grape...come to think of it, that goes for Depp as well!

message 14: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Look... I'm not a huge Depp fan... but I swear... he rocked that role. Totally surprised me.

I'm sure it can't compare to live theatre... but that film will hold a treasured place in my heart right along with Zeta-Jones in 'Chicago'.

message 15: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) I've never seen Chicago. I'm so far behind in my movie watching it's pathetic.

Speaking of being behind and pathetic what always shocks other children of the 80's is that I've never seen ET.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Jillian, when I come stay with you I'll bring a whole bunch of DVDs. :)

message 17: by Jillian (last edited Feb 26, 2008 09:13PM) (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) Leo doesn't thrill me either. I wasn't very impressed with the Aviator. They pumped that movie up to be so wonderful and I just walked away disappointed. I think my dislike of him started with Titanic which is a movie that annoys me for some odd reason. I remember sitting in the theater watching that and wondering when will it ever end. I just didn't ever get the whole Titanic frenzy.

message 18: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

I don't know Jillian... wasn't it gripping? Weren't you riveted to the edge of your seat wondering if the ship would actually sink? Or if the Greeks would come out of the wooden horse at night? Or if Buddy Holly would survive the plane crash?

sorry. I'm on a snark jag. ::::goes to find some Frans::::

message 19: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I've never seen Titanic, and no one will ever convince me to see it...he dies, I know he dies, you know he dies, everyone damn well knows that he dies! Why the hell would I want to watch that? I don't care for Dicaprio, but my loathing does not reach depths enough to actually enjoy watching him die. A good swift kick to the nuts might make me laugh...

message 20: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Amy... you have nuts? Where do you store them?

message 21: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) His nuts...smartass!

message 22: by Jillian (last edited Feb 26, 2008 09:25PM) (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) Perhaps I was waiting for the ship to sink. Maybe that is why I was so annoyed. Deep down I must of been sitting there wondering "when is he going f'ing drown already??"

You're on a what?

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't know he was kinda pretty when he floated down like that all pearly and expressionless
if only it'd happened sooner
like when he did that awful romeo

DICAPRIO Nep o tis m
can you imagine all the actors his age who look in the mirror and go why? why? (crying now)

one final note then i'm hangin it up
WI probably has a film commission-you can register yourself as an extra and it might increase your chances
i worked as a props assist in Maine and that's how we had to do it
they use the registered people first

message 24: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Now that I think about it, if I had nuts, I'd rather be kicked in them than watch Titanic!

message 25: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

heh... Amy... if you had nuts I'd rather... oh nevermind.

message 26: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I'll give you Edward Scissorhands and Sleepy Hollow and add to that What's Eating Gilbert Grape...I haven't seen Sweeny Todd yet though. The rest...meh

It's not his acting that turns my stomach; it's his demeanor off camera, his "holier than thou" air about him. No one is so cool that I'm going to give a shit if they don't!

message 27: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Agreed, that a lot of actors are shallow and stupid. Just seeing the People Magazine in the check-out line at the supermarket makes me wish I belonged to another species...he still rubs me the wrong way. I doubt it would ruin his day to know it, so I won't let it ruin mine.

message 28: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Too bad Amy, he speaks so highly of you. ::ducks::

message 29: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) You are being a bit of a cheeky thing today miss lady!

message 30: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

:::profers her left cheek to the Amy-la:::

message 31: by Varmint (new)

Varmint every small town should have to host a movie crew for two weeks. it might finally cure america of it's celebrity obsession.

and make sure to have them put down a damage deposit on everything within twenty miles.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

rape, pillage and burn

message 33: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) King,

Bruce Campbell...now what happens?

message 34: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Hmmmmm, that was worth it...

message 35: by Jillian (last edited Mar 20, 2008 09:36PM) (new)

Jillian (mother_of_dinosaurs) Well no damage was done to our town by the film crew during the past few days as Varmint said there would be.

Tonight my husband and I headed down to where the trailers have been set up for days and we finally saw Johnny Depp. He walked slowly down the road in front of us so everyone could take pictures. And then he thanked us before he left.

It wasn't too bad having a movie filmed in your town. The only annoying thing was all the people from out of town who can to watch. Haven't been able to drive through the downtown since the 10th and I'm looking forward to that being done.

Another annoying thing is just having random streets shut down every day or periodically through out the day.

One big plus is it brought a lot of money into our small town. While they where setting up the downtown to shoot for the movie it helped the small stores and cafes. People were walking around and discovered stores they didn't even know existed downtown.

message 36: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Sarah said,

"Maureen, you're insane! Depp is an amazing actor. Watch any 3 of his films together (I'm counting all the Pirates films as one) and you'd not even recognize it's the same guy."

Anyone ever notice that isn't true of Michael Keaton? In the first Batman Movie there were moments when I would swear it was Mister Mom...

Has anyone seen Billy Crystal lately? The dude was never good looking, but holy hell he hasn't aged well! I saw a pic of him with Robin Williams and Eddie Izzard the other day and Robin looked really good for the Ape Hairy guy that he is...Billy looked like he's been on some kind of Seroid Therapy or something, all pastey, bloated and OLD! It scared me.

message 37: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yeah, Amy, I saw pictures of Billy Crystal a couple days ago when he did that publicity stunt with the Yankees. He looked terrifying, like he might keel over on the field at any time.

Robin Williams is not funny. I never got his appeal. Ever.

message 38: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

omg Anthony... you don't think Robin Williams is funny?? Have you ever seen his stand up? Or his improv? Dude...

shellyindallas I have to agree with RA on the Robin Williams thing.
Never got how that whole sweaty, out of breath,funny voices, nonsensical,can't stand still, cocaine-fueled stand up was supposed to be funny.

I've also heard he's notorious for stealing material, but polite enough to apologize for it.

Servius  Heiner  | 1980 comments Mod
Didn't depp also do "the secret window"?

Army of darkness KD need I say more?

" I'm bad ash, your good ash. You're a goodie little tooshoo!"

BAM! " Hey, you got something on your face.

message 43: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 21, 2008 01:46PM) (new)

RandomAnthony Thank you, Shelly. You said it about 10,000 times better I could. Seriously.

Charissa, we are at a cultural impasse today. Come to the dark side, Char. Agree with me on all things. Wouldn't that be easier?

Nah. I like arguing with you. It's because I know I'm right:)

message 44: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

I have never understood the idea that agreeing with other people is "easier". Easier for who? I find it much easier to disagree. Ha ha ha ha ha. Kind of explains a lot, doesn't it? : )

message 45: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I agree with you, Char.

Wait a second...

message 46: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) My problem with Robin Williams is that he is always "on", every interview I have ever seen he was the same as when he is doing his stand up or whatever. He was great in Dead Poets Society and that one with Matt Damon...can't think of the name just now.

I'll always love "Mork", it's a childhood thing.

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Good Will Hunting? Wow, I hated that movie. Could not get past the first half.

message 48: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Yeah, I agree with Sarah. Good Will Hunting sucked.

message 49: by Arminius (new)

Arminius Johnny Depp makes his money in the U.S.A. but is too good to live there.

I agree that Robin Williams is not funny. When he does stand up (at least when I saw him) he resorts to profanity. I do not know why shock makes people laugh.

message 50: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Mimi! Go to this thread for way more information on that subject than anyone ever wanted:)

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show_g...

« previous 1