FYTortall Book Club discussion

Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Tempests and Slaughter
Numair's Book -- Exile!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie It's expected to be published this September eeeeks!! Now I definitely have to reread the Immortals quartet :D

message 2: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Means (jess2means) | 28 comments It is?!? Isn't that exciting!! It's only been "To Be Written" on Tammy's schedule for years! Seems surreal it'll be finished!

message 3: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel (mallorn) | 4 comments I can't wait to read it! slkdjflj

message 4: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Means (jess2means) | 28 comments It is pretty intense to see it is finally coming out! He is one of my favorite males in Tortall, tied with George :)

message 5: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash This is one of those books where I felt like it would never happen and now it is! That is so awesome. Numair is one of the characters I want to know most about. :)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2 comments Omg, I am SO excited for this, and the Companion Guide. Numair is probably my favourite character.

Lacey | 1 comments So, I've heard a rumor that Exile is being pushed back unitl 2015. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I think I will die if it gets pushed back again.

message 8: by Elicia (new) - added it

Elicia | 3 comments Officially, it doesn't have a release date. So it's entirely possible,but it could also be this year. Although if they don't have a date yet it will probably end up being nov or dec. that's just my guess though

message 9: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (sabsey) | 1 comments oh my gosh this book sounds amazing!!

message 10: by Trelawney (new)

Trelawney Williams (trelawneywilliams) | 2 comments I can't find Tamora's upcoming releases on her website. Am I just missing them? Hope so!

message 11: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I'm not seeing anything about it on Tammy's site, but according to GR the expected publication is now 2016. Yikes.

message 12: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Means (jess2means) | 28 comments I do know she has been battling health issues for a while now. maybe someone should message her on Tumblr or Facebook to check in?

message 13: by Rachel (last edited May 27, 2015 12:31PM) (new) - added it

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) I wonder if it's the publisher or her health that keep pushing back the release? Tamora was just at RT this year (I didn't go) so she's still doing events which makes me hopeful it's not health-related! I'm also looking forward to the Maura series and especially Kel's squire:)

message 14: by Trelawney (new)

Trelawney Williams (trelawneywilliams) | 2 comments I don't live near her or the events she attends but I got the impression that she's had to cancel several events for health reasons...

Debra H | 6 comments Why, oh why, does this keep getting pushed back?!?!?! I feel like I've been waiting for years now (prob have).

message 16: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie It's like the Winds of Winter on a smaller scale ;)

message 17: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Means (jess2means) | 28 comments Years and years and years!

message 18: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Means (jess2means) | 28 comments Years and years and years!

Debra H | 6 comments Well at least, I'm sure, it's worth the wait

message 20: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Debra wrote: "Well at least, I'm sure, it's worth the wait"

Here's hoping! Tammy has yet to disappoint me with a Tortall book.

Parker | 15 comments No publishing date for either Numair or the next Circle book, at least as far as I know.

I'm getting antsy--I've read the current books so many times I almost have them memorised!

message 22: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Means (jess2means) | 28 comments Parker I have been a fan of hers since I was 12 and I am now *cough30coughorcough* and it has always been this way.. She knocked out her Trickster books and Beka books so fast we were spoiled for a while there!

message 23: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I don't know that I've ever had to *wait* for a Tammy publication... I didn't start reading her til high school, in the early 2000s... and by the time I got to Beka, they were all three published too. This is a very weird feeling lol

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 17, 2015 11:14AM) (new)

Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "I don't know that I've ever had to *wait* for a Tammy publication... I didn't start reading her til high school, in the early 2000s... and by the time I got to Beka, they were all three published t..."

Same! I think this is the first time I've been really waiting for a book to come out, I normally only buy/read complete series.

Parker | 15 comments I discovered her sometime around 2000 (I like to wander through library stacks, & I'll pick up books that look interesting--I find many fantastic books that way!). So the first two series (Alanna & Daine) were finished & Kel was almost so. The only ones I've had to wait for were Aly & Beka.

I'll read unfinished series--the anticipation is half the fun. Wondering where the author will take the characters (then finally reading to find out if I'm right) is a lot of fun for the frustrated author in me ;-) )

Debra H | 6 comments I starting reading her when I was like 7 (~1995) so I've had a fair amount of waiting over the years. Waiting for Mastiff was prob the longest up until now. She was kinda on a roll for most of her books tho. It was pretty much a book per year. I should prob try to reread/finish her Circle series in the mean time. I read the first quartet and loved them but when I tried to reread them to continue with Opens I couldn't get through them. I'll just have to buckle down this time.

But seriously she's getting on level with R.R. Martin now. It's been over 2 years since Battle Magic (which I obviously haven't read yet) and ~4 years since Mastiff. Getting antsy here; need my Tortall fix :P

message 27: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Parker wrote: "I discovered her sometime around 2000 (I like to wander through library stacks, & I'll pick up books that look interesting--I find many fantastic books that way!). So the first two series (Alanna &..."

I like to cruise the stacks too, that's how I found Sabriel lol. The spine really stood out to me, especially being written by a guy named Nix :)

Parker | 15 comments I think I discovered Sabriel the same way. I also found a terrific book called "Bloody Jack" (it's not fantasy, but it is a darn good book--the first in a series which is now complete. Sadly, the author, L.A. Meyer, died last year). And I think I found "Wee Free Men" the same way.