Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

SF&F Awards > 2014 Aurora Award Winner Announced

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited May 25, 2015 05:18AM) (new)

Aurora Award Logo
The finalists for the 2014 Aurora Award (for SF/F works by Canadian authors in 2013) have been announced.

Nominees for Best Novel (English):

Red Planet Blues by Robert J. Sawyer   Red Planet Blues by Robert J. Sawyer

River of Stars by Guy Gavriel Kay   River of Stars by Guy Gavriel Kay

The Tattooed Witch by Susan MacGregor   The Tattooed Witch by Susan MacGregor

Tombstone Blues by Chadwick Ginther   Tombstone Blues by Chadwick Ginther

A Turn of Light (Night's Edge, #1) by Julie E. Czerneda   A Turn of Light by Julie E. Czerneda

The Aurora Award is presented annually by the Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Association (CSFFA). Winners will be announced at VCON 39 ("Canvention") in Vancouver on Oct 4.

For more info and other categories, see Prix Aurora Awards website. (This year the French language awards are being held separately via Congrès Boréal.)

The winner of the 2014 Aurora Award for Best Novel by a Canadian author (in English):

A Turn of Light (Night's Edge, #1) by Julie E. Czerneda A Turn of Light by Julie E. Czerneda

Detaills on other categories can be found at prix Award Website

message 2: by Ben (new)

Ben Rowe (benwickens) | 429 comments I really want to read River of Stars although these days I get a bit scared of long books.

Have not even heard of most of these which is I think one of the good things about non US/UK awards - it brings interesting books to our attention. Just need to make time to read some of them.