Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > 2014 May - What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 112 (112 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (last edited May 01, 2014 07:51AM) (new)

Fran | 11193 comments Let us know what books you are reading or listening to this month....we're always looking for new titles for our tbr shelf!

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21425 comments I'm starting this month with Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole in audio as I am about to head out the door today. I still haven't decided what I'm going to start reading, but I'm sure I'll figure that out as soon as I get home! I don't do the 'take a few days off' thing Fran was talking about last month! (And I need something to distract me from the crazy winds!!)

message 3: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11193 comments LOL Kat!

You saw how well that little statement held up ;)

I can't decide what to start May out with either, maybe Red and Her Wolf for H&T or Sing for the Monthly Challenge.

message 4: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) | 221 comments I think I'm gonna start with Water for Elephants. It's been on my TBR for so long!

♡ Zₐᵢₙₐ ♡ (zai0) I just finished VIP (VIP, #1) by M. Robinson
and now I'm about to finish Deliver (Deliver, #1) by Pam Godwin

then I'll see about my rainbow-challenge ^_^

message 6: by Taniesha (new)

Taniesha | 4 comments I just finished After Ben & am now thinking to start Saving Sean.

BTW how do I get the images of the books in my comment?

message 7: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (last edited May 01, 2014 04:09PM) (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) My next few books and audiobooks are:

Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2) by J.B. Salsbury Damaged (Damaged, #1) by H.M. Ward The Bride Wore Spurs (The Inconvenient Brides, #1) by Sharon Ihle Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Seven Years (Seven, #1) by Dannika Dark Shattered Promises (Shattered Promises, #1) by Jessica Sorensen Come Away with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1) by Kristen Proby

message 8: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21425 comments Melissa wrote: "I think I'm gonna start with Water for Elephants. It's been on my TBR for so long!"

This book is soooo good! It is also excellent in audio!

message 9: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20389 comments Agree MKat - WFE is very good :)

I'm reading The Hell You Say (Adrien English Mystery, #3) by Josh Lanyon & Obsidian (New Species, #8) by Laurann Dohner (audio)...

message 10: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20389 comments Taniesha wrote: "I just finished After Ben & am now thinking to start Saving Sean.

BTW how do I get the images of the books in my comment?"

Taniesha - to get the book image in your post, click on the 'add book/author' type on top of the comment box. Then type in the name of the book you want to add (put the first or last name of the author as well if the book name is quite similar/same as other book titles) and then click on search. Select the correct book from the list that comes up by clicking on 'add'. You can select whether the book is shown as a link or bookcover selecting the appropriate button at the base of the list.

Hope this makes sense :)

♡ Zₐᵢₙₐ ♡ (zai0) if you want a sweet m/m story, then this'd be perfect! The Locker Room by Amy Lane i just finished it and just soooo love it <3

message 12: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) | 221 comments I've never listened to an audiobook before! I should borrow one off my mum and give it a go..

message 13: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I'm reading Kings, Queens, Bones & Bastards Who's Who in the English Monarchy from Egbert to Elizabeth II by David Hilliam .

message 14: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21425 comments Melissa wrote: "I've never listened to an audiobook before! I should borrow one off my mum and give it a go.."

I love audiobooks! They are great for working around the house or running errands and especially driving. I live in the boonies and if I couldn't 'read' on the hour drive into town and again home I would go crazy!

message 15: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Mccurley (jaimemccrl4) | 76 comments OMG! Finally back after a couple month hiatus..... Work, baby and life definitely got in the way.
I have finished: Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) by Jill Shalvis and Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2) by Gena Showalter . Just started Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3) by Gena Showalter . Didn't realize this was a Gena Showalter month for me!

message 16: by Susan A (new)

Susan A | 1551 comments I am currently reading

I Can See For Miles by Lisa Worrall

I plan to read these by the end of next week:

The Only One Who Knows (The Only One, #1) by Cat Grant Dead in the Desert (L.A. Paranormal, #3) by Lou Harper Poster Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma #5) by Anne Tenino

And I am really looking forward to the release of new books in a few favorite series this month:

Necropolis (Whyborne & Griffin, #4) by Jordan L. Hawk Enlightened (Enlightenment, #3) by Joanna Chambers Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3) by S.E. Jakes

message 17: by Mell (new)

Mell (mellrouvray) | 221 comments Yeah my mum listens to books in the car too, I've never had regular long trips to worry about so have never gotten any :)

message 18: by Teresa (last edited May 09, 2014 05:17PM) (new)

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished Rock Hard. it wasn't as good as book one in the beginning, but the ending made up for that. now listening to Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) by Madeline Sheehan loving it!

message 20: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11193 comments Now reading Sing Sing (Songs of Submission, #7) by C.D. Reiss , the last book in the series. So far, so good :)

message 21: by Cmkage (new)

Cmkage | 18 comments

There are a lot of books coming out this months that I'm looking forward to reading.

It Happened One Wedding (FBI / US Attorney, #5) by Julie JamesHell for Leather (Black Knights Inc., #6) by Julie Ann WalkerWithin Temptation (Sons of Temptation, #1) by Tanya HolmesThe Probability of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #4) by Jessica SorensenThief's Magic (Millenium’s Rule, #1) by Trudi CanavanSixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6) by Darynda JonesPoint of No Return (The Kathleen Turner Series, #5) by Tiffany SnowThe Immortal Crown (Age of X, #2) by Richelle MeadTempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3) by J. LynnTake Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4) by Katie McGarryThe Dream Crafter (Entwined Realms, #2) by Danielle Monsch

message 22: by Tania (new)

Tania | 206 comments So far have read

Sleigh Bells in the Snow by Sarah Morgan A Passion for Him (Georgian, #3) by Sylvia Day Rush (Breathless, #1) by Maya Banks

Am making head way on Blue Flame (Firefighter, #2) by Jill Shalvis

Have lined up

Don't Tempt Me (Georgian, #4) by Sylvia Day Full Throttle (Fast Track, #7) by Erin McCarthy Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) by Jill Shalvis When Darkness Hungers (The Shadow Keepers, #5) by J.K. Beck

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished Undeniable and it was great! can't wait til my new credits come in in a week so i can get the next novel.
now listening to Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1) by Georgia Cates

message 24: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21425 comments I finished up Dark Desires After Dusk and loved it! I also finished Collide and Tempt Me - liked them too. I am currently reading Love Comes Silently, it is really good so far! I am also listening to Playing for Keeps - funny!

message 25: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3606 comments Finished Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Atlantis Betrayed (Warriors of Poseidon, #6) by Alyssa Day Reading The Golden One (Amelia Peabody, #14) by Elizabeth Peters Black Magic Woman (The Others, #4) by Christine Warren

message 26: by Tina (last edited May 15, 2014 07:43AM) (new)

Tina (whitley97) | 232 comments Have finished
Slave (Finding Anna, #1) by Sherri Hayes Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas Moon Island (Vampire for Hire, #7) by J.R. Rain A Moment (Moments, #1) by Marie Hall Tender Mercies by Kitty Thomas Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) by Sylvia Day The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) by Jill Shalvis

Am reading now
Her Master's Courtesan (Masters, #1) by Lily White

Want to read this month
Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) by Olivia Cunning Round One (Dom Wars, #1) by Lucian Bane

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished Beauty from Pain and i enjoed it. now listening to Rush (Breathless, #1) by Maya Banks another proposition novel (didn't realize that til i started it), but the difference is these individuals have known each other for years. ooh, and there's an age gap. yuummm =D

message 28: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Just read Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells , up next is Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) by J.R. Ward

message 29: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20389 comments Just finished Obsidian (New Species, #8) by Laurann Dohner and The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire, #1) by Jennifer Probst . Now listening to Love at First Sight (Home #4) by Cardeno C. :)

message 30: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21425 comments In the middle of the night (oh insomnia, you are the devil!), I started reading Upon a Winter's Night. I love those MacKinnons!! Yesterday I started listening to Ill Wind for the FAC, H&T, M&G and monthly challenges! I heart multitasking! =)

message 31: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (last edited May 09, 2014 09:32AM) (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) My next few books are:

The Hit (Will Robie, #2) by David Baldacci Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon, #1) by S.M. Reine The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman Demon Kissed (Demon Kissed, #1) by H.M. Ward Perfection (Neighbor from Hell, #2) by R.L. Mathewson Severed Angel (Severed MC, #1) by K.T. Fisher Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments Shyloh wrote: "Just read Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells, up next is Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) by J.R. Ward"

enjoy Lover at Last Shyloh. it was really good.

message 33: by Teresa (last edited May 09, 2014 05:16PM) (new)

♡ Zₐᵢₙₐ ♡ (zai0) I just finished Five Miles (Gypsy Brothers, #3) by Lili St. Germain , Six Brothers (Gypsy Brothers, #2) by Lili St. Germain and Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers, #1) by Lili St. Germain ... idk what to read next :/

message 35: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3606 comments Finished The Golden One (Amelia Peabody, #14) by Elizabeth Peters Black Magic Woman (The Others, #4) by Christine Warren The Demon You Know (The Others, #11) by Christine Warren Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #6) by Lois Greiman Loving A Lost Lord (Lost Lords #1) by Mary Jo Putney Currently Reading The Hero and the Crown (Damar, #1) by Robin McKinley The Firebird (Slains, #2) by Susanna Kearsley

message 36: by Mindi (new)

Mindi | 1 comments Just finished The Siren by Kiera Cass! I highly recommend it!

message 37: by Tania (new)

Tania | 206 comments Still working on this book Blue Flame (Firefighter, #2) by Jill Shalvis think I'me just not in the mood for it.

Have read Don't Tempt Me (Georgian, #4) by Sylvia Day and Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) by Jill Shalvis

Am reading Full Throttle (Fast Track, #7) by Erin McCarthy and Fever (Breathless, #2) by Maya Banks

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished Rush and it was good. now listening to Twist Me (Twist Me, #1) by Anna Zaires

message 39: by Cmkage (last edited May 12, 2014 02:47PM) (new)

Cmkage | 18 comments I finished Within Temptation (Sons of Temptation, #1) by Tanya Holmes , which was surprisingly good. Can't believe this is a debut novel.

Now I'm back in Signal Bend, reading Alone on Earth (Signal Bend, #4) by Susan Fanetti .

message 40: by Susan (new)

Susan Ward | 5 comments I've finished this monthSomething Takenand Something Returned and Wrong City, and I just finished writing The Girl On The Half Shell, and would love some to read and give me input. You can't know if you're on the mark without reader response.

The other books I just finished are all Indie published books. All outside the mainstream and fun! If you are into something different, not formula then I would highly recommend them.

message 41: by Amie (new)

Amie (alm0824) | 260 comments I finally finished Rock Chick Rescue Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2) by Kristen Ashley by Kristen Ashley. I really liked it and gave it 4 stars. We moved in April and starting to get settled in now, so I'm getting some of my reading time back. I'm currently reading Bound by Night Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1) by Larissa Ione by Larissa Ione.

message 42: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11193 comments Started the Group Buddy Read The Boss The Boss (The Boss, #1) by Abigail Barnette . So far like it way more than I thought I would :)

message 43: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20389 comments I read Latakia by J.F. Smith - I'd been putting this off for ages for no particular reason, and I freakin' LOVED it!!! Nothing explicit, great action in the first half and MM romance fully developed in the second half :)

Just finished listening to Love at First Sight (Home #4) by Cardeno C. - easy fun story with good character development.

Now reading Training Season by Leta Blake and The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning .

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments adding The Crimson Spell, Volume 1 by Ayano Yamane to my list of reads this week. this'll be my first manga read. although i love anime =D

message 45: by Questian (new)

Questian (sakurastrife) | 457 comments I'm reading the Play by Play series of Jaci Burton. And i'm down to book 5...so far i'm loving the series.

message 46: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20389 comments Questian wrote: "I'm reading the Play by Play series of Jaci Burton. And i'm down to book 5...so far i'm loving the series."

You are so good at reading all books in a series all at once Questian! I lose interest after book two, or I want to 'savour' the series in another month or so. It is really rare for me to read two books from the same series in one month...

message 47: by Tania (new)

Tania | 206 comments Questian wrote: "I'm reading the Play by Play series of Jaci Burton. And i'm down to book 5...so far i'm loving the series."

I really enjoyed the series. Just got Melting the Ice and am looking forward to reading it.

message 48: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3606 comments Finished The Firebird (Slains, #2) by Susanna Kearsley City of the Sun (Frank Behr, #1) by David Levien The Hero and the Crown (Damar, #1) by Robin McKinley Blood Past (Warriors of Ankh, #2) by Samantha Young Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9) by Kerrelyn Sparks Untraceable (Nature of Grace, #1) by S.R. Johannes Seduce the Darkness (Alien Huntress, #4) by Gena Showalter Haven (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #13) by Kay Hooper

Currently Reading The 9th Girl (Kovac and Liska #4) by Tami Hoag Last Words (Last #2) by Mariah Stewart

message 49: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresab78) | 790 comments I just read most of the ones in my last post plus Hainted

I am hoping to get to the others plus
Finn
Sam and Aaron
An Unlocked Heart

message 50: by Davena (new)

Davena | 18 comments Currently reading Late Call (Call, #1) by Emma Hart also got Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) by Maya Banks ... I have heard good things about Maya Banks so can't wait to start her work.

« previous 1 3