Goodreads Ireland discussion

Introductions > Theresa

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trelawn (new)

Trelawn Hi Theresa and welcome. I don't read sci fi either but might try The Martian as it's getting a lot of buzz. I've just started the quarterly Irish read, Brooklyn.

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Welcome to the group Theresa. You read the Handmaids Tale by Atwood which one the Arthur C CAlrke award for best Scifi. Sometimes people don't realise they are reading scifi ;-)
The Martian has been an enjoyable read for me so far (I'm 50 pages in) and should be enjoyable for non scifi fans

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Theresa. Welcome to Goodreads Ireland. :) I look forward to chatting with you in the book duscussions.

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul Atwood tends to describe her books as Social Science fiction to differentiate it

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Flanagan (emma89) Hi Theresa

I've never read any scifi either, at least not knowingly. I haven't started it yet but The Martian sounds interesting and not overly scifi-ish.

I'm an Austen fan too. Theres a few of us here

message 6: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (livbet) | 511 comments Theresa wrote: "Hello Goodreads Ireland

I live in England, in Yorkshire. My father was a Cork man and my Irish connection is important to me. I am looking forward to the Quarterly Irish reads, and have read some ..."

Hi Theresa - it's good to meet you. This is a lovely, supportive, friendly group.

x

message 7: by Tara (new)

Tara | 118 comments Hi Theresa, welcome to the group. I'm with you, I can't imagine a life without books :-)