Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

General Discussion > The books you haven't read yet

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 500 comments Mod
I was going through my Kindle and found a bunch of books I haven't read yet and a few that I only started and then stopped for whatever reason. A couple had been discounted and I purchased them for later but sort of forgot about them. I'm sure we all have those.

Do a quick inventory and post a couple of unread/unfinished books that are sitting on your e-reader or bookshelf right now.

Mine are:
Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1, Demonica, #6) by Larissa Ione Divine Misdemeanors (Merry Gentry, #8) by Laurell K. Hamilton Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11) by Lara Adrian
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Embrace of the Damned (Brotherhood of the Damned, #1) by Anya Bast The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton
I know you're all thinking, "Those are some damn good books! Why aren't you reading?" I guess I just couldn't connect with the characters right away. Not sure why. Maybe it's a mood thing. I know I'll go back and finish them eventually.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited May 01, 2014 06:50AM) (new)

It is either a mood thing or time issue for me when I try to determine what next to read. I also have a few series starters on my Kindle that I got discounted also. I keep asking myself, why haven't I read these yet??

Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2) by Suzanne Wright Unleashed (The Amoveo Legend, #1) by Sara Humphreys Untouched (The Amoveo Legend, #2) by Sara Humphreys The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Hearts of the Anemoi Bundle (Hearts of the Anemoi, #1-3) by Laura Kaye The Nephilim Warrior Series Set, Books 1,2 &3 by K.A. Young Charred Heart (Heart of Fire, #1) by Lizzy Ford

Chelsey (A.K.A. Sely/Sley and Chesney)) (delihliana) | 47 comments Vamp Verses Vamp by Christin Lovell

Identity by Ted Dekker

House of Grey by Collin Earl

Brood of Bones by A. E. Marling

Can't do the cool link thingy cause I'm on my phone XP

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn The Alpha Meets His Match (Shifters Inc., #1) by Georgette St. Clair Awakened (Vampire Awakenings, #1) by Brenda K. Davies A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1) by Tamelia Tumlin Dragon's Grace (McDrakken Warriors, #1) by Nicole Dennis Exotic Indulgence (Bandicoot Cove, #1) by Vivian Arend

These are just few but my problem is I keep getting more and more books and I end up telling myself " will you just read the ones you have before getting more?" My little self talk never works though.

Chelsey (A.K.A. Sely/Sley and Chesney)) (delihliana) | 47 comments I have the same problem lol. That and I don't have as much time as I would like.

message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn It's just so easy to get more and more books. I books on my nook too but I'm having issues with my nook right now so I'm just using kindle, which I like way more anyway.
I make myself make time before I go to sleep at night to read. It relaxes me so I can sleep, plus gives good dreams too!!:)

Chelsey (A.K.A. Sely/Sley and Chesney)) (delihliana) | 47 comments Yeah. And I've bought several books, paper, and haven't read them yet.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenn wrote: These are just few but my problem is I keep getting more and more books and I end up telling myself " will you just read the ones you have before getting more?" My little self talk never works though.
"

It's so hard for me to pass up great deals on books. My little self talks don't work either Jenn.

message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Lol it's an addiction! Although a good one

message 10: by Krysta (last edited May 01, 2014 09:32AM) (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments I have several Books on my kindle and bookshelf I've not yet read...

Some include:
The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey After the Sky Fell Down by Megan Nugen Isbell Angel's Ink (The Asylum's Tales, #1) by Jocelynn Drake Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie Ember X (Death Collectors, #1) by Jessica Sorensen Laney (The Brookehaven Vampires, #1) by Joann I. Martin Sowles Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Reign of Blood (Reign of Blood, #1) by Alexia Purdy Serenity by Keith R.A. DeCandido Socially Awkward A Novel by Stephanie Haddad Triangles by Ellen Hopkins

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I read a lot of books but I never get time to read them all

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Basile (ahunsicker) | 274 comments Hi! My name is Ashley, and I have a problem. It's those free ebook emails... I. Can't. Stop. This is my "ebooks to read" pile... it's getting ridiculous...

message 13: by Von (last edited May 01, 2014 12:34PM) (new)

Von Bariuad (vonbariuad) | 23 comments I always keep ebooks on my phone in-case of boredom.

(My books will remain in my room, I dont wanna ruin them. So in case I get stuck in an elevator or there is an alien invasion and I have to hide inside the cabinet, my ebooks can save me -- from boredom.) LOL. So here are some of the books that I haven't read yet:
Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1) by Tammara Webber I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) by Rick Riordan The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan Attachments by Rainbow Rowell Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2) by Sara Shepard Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3) by Sara Shepard Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6) by Sara Shepard Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5) by Sara Shepard Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) by Kami Garcia Dream Dark (Caster Chronicles, #2.5) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire Far From You by Tess Sharpe The Law of Attraction (Lawyers in Love, #1) by N.M. Silber Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Beastly (Beastly, #1) by Alex Flinn Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Partials (Partials, #1) by Dan Wells The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3) by Patrick Ness The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2) by Patrick Ness Wake (Dream Catcher, #1) by Lisa McMann This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
And the harry potter series.

Ugh. I have two kids, 6 months old and a 1 year old. No time to peacefully lay down or seat and start reading...

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 97 comments Umm... I have so MANY books I haven't read, but I own them. I'm only going to post a small sample, because there isn't enough room for ALL of them. I have a 1-click problem, especially with free books.

Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, #1) by Carrie Vaughn Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch, #1) by Kimberly Frost Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells Undone (Outcast Season, #1) by Rachel Caine Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young Eversea (Eversea, #1) by Natasha Boyd The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead Working Stiff (Revivalist, #1) by Rachel Caine Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) by Cornelia Funke Mr. Murder by Dean Koontz The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn, #1) by Peter S. Beagle Urban Shaman (Walker Papers, #1) by C.E. Murphy Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga #1) by Shéa MacLeod Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Sandman Slim (Sandman Slim, #1) by Richard Kadrey Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld The Hobbit (Middle-Earth Universe) by J.R.R. Tolkien Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1) by Diana Rowland Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles, #1) by Elle Jasper Dead on the Delta (Annabelle Lee, #1) by Stacey Jay The Scent of Shadows (Signs of the Zodiac, #1) by Vicki Pettersson The Nightlife New York (The Nightlife, #1) by Travis Luedke My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1) by Douglas Adams The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6) by Karen Chance Forgive My Fins (Fins, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She Dies, #1) by Rhiannon Frater Whisper Cape (Whisper Cape, #1) by Susan Griscom Stalk Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #1) by Jillian Dodd Indexing by Seanan McGuire Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1) by Mira Grant The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1) by J. Sterling To Have and To Code (A Modern Witch, #0.5) by Debora Geary The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin In Deep Voodoo (The Mojo #1) by Stephanie Bond The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee Carter Secondhand Spirits (A Witchcraft Mystery, #1) by Juliet Blackwell A Modern Witch (A Modern Witch, #1) by Debora Geary Come Away with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1) by Kristen Proby Pulled by A. L. Jackson When She Woke by Hillary Jordan World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2) by Susan Ee Silence (The Queen of the Dead, #1) by Michelle Sagara Bound by Prophecy (Descendants Series, #1) by Melissa Wright Unbreak Me (New Hope, #1) by Lexi Ryan Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard, #1) by Melissa F. Olson The Curse Keepers (Curse Keepers, #1) by Denise Grover Swank The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie The Giver (The Giver #1) by Lois Lowry The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Significance (Significance, #1) by Shelly Crane Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Ready Player One by Ernest Cline DemonFire (DemonSlayers, #1) by Kate Douglas Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #1) by Debra Anastasia A Charmed Life (The Charmed Life) by Jenny B. Jones That Voodoo You Do (That Old Black Magic, #1) by Jodi Redford Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles

... and remember, this is JUST a sampling. I'm like Hoarder: Kindle & Audio Book edition

message 15: by Von (new)

Von Bariuad (vonbariuad) | 23 comments Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Umm... I have so MANY books I haven't read, but I own them. I'm only going to post a small sample, because there isn't enough room for ALL of them. I have a 1-click problem, especially with free ..."

WOW.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 97 comments Yeah, some might say I have a problem... but I think they're just jealous.

message 17: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Nah you don't have a problem. If you do then I do too lol!

message 18: by Cindy (last edited May 01, 2014 06:30PM) (new)

Cindy | 242 comments Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Umm... I have so MANY books I haven't read, but I own them. I'm only going to post a small sample, because there isn't enough room for ALL of them. I have a 1-click problem, especially with free ..."

That's not even as bad as mine...I'll link my "Kindle Unread" Shelf...the thing about it is: the vast majority of the books I got for free or cheap when I first got a Kindle 4 years ago I never even put on this shelf...it's literally around 1500...

But I'm super stingy - I only get free or super discounted books, and even then I check to see if my library has them first. If not, I one-click! I'm even really selective and ask myself, "Am I really going to read this?" If it's interesting but the answer is no, I don't get it...and that's still how many I have!

I've decided I'm not a Hoarder, I'm a Collector!! :D

Kindle Unread

message 19: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 80 comments well I have about 200 physical books that need reading so Ill just list a couple I can see from my spot on the bed.

Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1) by Richelle Mead The Hobbit (Middle-Earth Universe) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) by Andrea Cremer

a few on my kindle

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2) by Anna Banks Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1) by Jessica Shirvington Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1) by Kasie West Dirty Magic (The Prospero's War, #1) by Jaye Wells Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price

I also have some on my nook app but I think you get the point. :)

message 20: by Cindy (last edited May 01, 2014 06:56PM) (new)

message 21: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (tennylle76) | 59 comments Here are just a few of mine...I have way too many to post here!

The Lost (Celestial Blues, #2) by Vicki Pettersson Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight #1) by Darynda Jones Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier Insight (Insight, #1) by Jamie Magee Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen, #1) by Sierra Dean Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) by Deborah Harkness Home for the Holidays (Night Huntress #6.5) by Jeaniene Frost

message 22: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 2 comments I stop counting after I reached 615 books not read. A few are: Veronica Roth's Divergent series, Joanne Pence's Angie Amalfi mysteries Books 1 - 3, Sandra Hill's Deadly Angels series Books 1 - 4, Sandrine Gasq-Dion's Assassin/Shifter series Books 1 - 14.

message 23: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 57 comments I have 384 books listed as "to-read" on Goodreads. I own most of them in paper or ebook form, and there're many others I own that I haven't listed on this site. I also have a number of review books I haven't read yet...

message 24: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 57 comments Oh, and I stopped downloading Kindle freebies a few years ago.
Most of them were... not good... and the vast majority I wasn't even interested in - I was just getting them because they were free.

I've even started limiting the review books I get because even being free isn't going to make me interested in some books. Reading is supposed to be fun. :)

message 25: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited May 02, 2014 08:22AM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 97 comments Cindy wrote: "Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Umm... I have so MANY books I haven't read, but I own them. I'm only going to post a small sample, because there isn't enough room for ALL of them. I have a 1-click ..."

Just double checked for my most up-to-date count... in my Amazon cloud storage, I have 7,728 ebooks. That number does NOT include most books I got from writers and publishers for review, or books I physically own, or books I've bought from Smashwords or AllRomance... I also have two boxes of books up my attic that my husband made me pack away...

message 26: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Wow!!!!!!

message 27: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 500 comments Mod
These are some impressive lists. I thought I was bad. LOL!

message 28: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 242 comments Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Cindy wrote: "Alana ~ The Book Pimp wrote: "Umm... I have so MANY books I haven't read, but I own them. I'm only going to post a small sample, because there isn't enough room for ALL of them. I h..."

LOL oh my word! That's crazy...awesome, but just a totally crazy number!!!

message 29: by Desiree (new)

Desiree | 30 comments Here are a few I want to read this month Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1; Fever, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson #4) by Darynda Jones Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5) by Darynda Jones Alien Research (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #8) by Gini Koch Up From the Grave (Night Huntress #7) by Jeaniene Frost Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor Sentinel (Covenant, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout