Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Sixty Acres and a Bride (Ladies of Caldwell County, #1)
This topic is about Sixty Acres and a Bride
Christian Fiction Group Reads > May 2014- Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorie (new) - added it

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
This month we are reading Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings. Come read with us and then tell us what you think. If you think you may be revealing a major part of the book for those who haven't read or finished it yet, please use spoiler tags as found under the (some html is ok) link above the comment box.

Sixty Acres and a Bride (Ladies of Caldwell County, #1) by Regina Jennings

With nothing to their names, young widow Rosa Garner and her mother-in-law return to Texas and the family ranch. Only now the county is demanding back taxes and the women have only three months to pay.

Though facing eviction, Rosa falls in love with the countryside and the wonderful extended family who want only her best. They welcome her vivacious spirit and try to help her navigate puzzling American customs. She can't help but stand out, though, and her beauty captures attention. Where some offer help with dangerous strings attached, only one man seems honorable. But when Weston Garner, still grieving his own lost love, is unprepared to give his heart, Rosa must decide to what lengths she will go to save her future.

Rachel Brand I read this book when it first came out and it was a lot of fun! I believe it's based on the Biblical story of Ruth?

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1073 comments I just bought it. I will try to read it, but I still have to read Love Finds You in Holiday, Florida by Sandra D. Bricker from last month.

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1073 comments Finished Sixty Acres and a Bride (Ladies of Caldwell County, #1) by Regina Jennings . So good.

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) Really wasn't impressed with this one. Too much backbiting and misdirection/miscommunication for it to hold my interest. Thankfully, I got it back when it was free, but was rather disappointed over all.

Rachel Brand I know what you mean, Trea. Miscommunication is my least favourite conflict in romance novels, and in this one it felt like it dragged on for ages.