The Dusty Bookshelf discussion

Theme Reads > May '14 - Non-Fiction or Historical

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) | 491 comments Mod
Happy month of May all!!
This lovely month has introduced itself to me with lots of rain after a week of almost constant sun, the joys ;D

Our theme this month will hopefully help you dust off those non-fictional books which were bought with the aim of reading (but then cast aside and forgotten about) or pick up those historical fiction books which have started to gather as much dust as possible to look like they've been left untouched since the time they were written about.

Hopefully this month will see me finish London: The Biography (for N-F) and then maybe start on Barnaby Rudge (for Historical).

I hope you all have a fab month of reading!

message 2: by Hayley (new)

That sounds like a good plan Lora :D Enjoy :)

I'm going to put aside London for today and take on Barnaby Rudge :)

message 3: by Alana (new)

Alana (alanasbooks) This would have been a good month to get stuff off my shelves, but with moving to a new apartment and changes at work, there simply has not been time!

I'll be trying to get back into it more in the next couple of months, though :)

message 4: by Denise (new)

Denise (dulcinea3) | 307 comments So for my nonfiction read, I chose a book I put on my challenge at the beginning of the year - Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII. I'm finding it an easy read, with fairly short chapters, but it is a very long book! I think it may take me past the end of the month!

message 5: by Hayley (new)

Good to see what some of you have been reading - it all sounds so interesting that my TBR list is slowly growing bigger in my head.... thanks ;)

Over halfway through the month now, I do hope everyone's doing well with their reads :)

message 6: by Denise (new)

Denise (dulcinea3) | 307 comments As I expected, it's been almost a month since I started reading Six Wives, and I'm only through the first three wives! However, Katherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn took up way more than the first half of the book (as they should, since it covers a longer span of years), but I'm still far from the end. I'm enjoying it, though! That's why this type of book tends to gather so much dust - I love them, but they take a long time to read, so I tend to go for a quicker read!