The Jolly Good Reading Society discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
books starting 25th May 2014 > Please nominate your books now

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 468 comments Mod
The time has come to choose our next set of books for the read starting 25th May. The winning two choices will join 1984 (Guardian Must Read Sci Fi and Fantasy choice)
You have until 10th May to nominate any books that you think will be of interest to the group.

I'll start by nominating:

Half Bad by Sally Green
Half Bad (Half Life, #1) by Sally Green

and More Than This by Patrick Ness
More Than This by Patrick Ness

message 2: by Anna (last edited May 01, 2014 01:45AM) (new)

Anna (goodreadscomanna_shuk) | 6 comments Hello!
I'd like to nominate Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
and Doppler by Erlend Loe Doppler by Erlend Loe .=)

Doppler is really short, so we can fly through it (and even if it not win, I'm still planning to read it in May:)) and Cold Comfort Farm was sitting on my shelf for too long. I've heard amazing things and would love to read it with group.=)

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited May 01, 2014 06:03AM) (new)

I'd like to nominate Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan, and The Archived by Victoria Schwab. Both of these books are on my 2014 TBR and I think they would be fun to read in group. Both are also fairly short so it shouldn't take long to read them at all.

message 4: by Charlotte (last edited May 01, 2014 06:36AM) (new)

Charlotte Jones (ramblingsofanelfpire) I'd like to nominate Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder and The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.

Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

I've had these two on my shelf for a while and I know that a few people in the group own them too =)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.