The Collector The Collector discussion

I was apprehensive about this book

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Delia I too loved the book. Generally I love her books, she's a good writer. What I like the most is that her books are all different, unless you're reading one of her trilogy books. I love those as well.

Spike Currently, I am reading her The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy Dark Witch; Shadow Spell and waiting patiently for release of Blood Magick. In the back of Shadow Spell there was a "tease" for The Collector .. well I had to read it of course. I was hooked and had to find out what happens to Lila and Ashton. I was not disappointed;the story had the right amount of action;romance;and the plot is well written.

Holly Loved "The Collector." I'm with other reviewers: some of Nora Roberts' books are better than others. "The Three Fates" was a favorite; "Sanctuary" - not so much. My favorite trilogy is the Three Sisters Island set. "Dance Upon the Air" (first in this trilogy) - just re-read. Anyway - I loved the whole concept of Lila enjoying/caring for someone else's home while she worked on her novel.

Tammie Tackett i rated it 1 star cause i didn't like it at all

Holly Tammie wrote: "i rated it 1 star cause i didn't like it at all"

Is the first book you've read by Nora Roberts? Just curious. If it is, please try another because she's a good writer. As most of us have said, some of her books are better than others.

Rene I loved this book, and I do enjoy Nora Roberts, she is what I refer to as my "keeper author". she is one of the few authors that I purchase in hard cover and keep and reread. I think I may be in need of a hobby!

Holly Holly wrote: "Tammie wrote: "i rated it 1 star cause i didn't like it at all"

Is the first book you've read by Nora Roberts? Just curious. If it is, please try another because she's a good writer. As most of..."

Rene wrote: "I loved this book, and I do enjoy Nora Roberts, she is what I refer to as my "keeper author". she is one of the few authors that I purchase in hard cover and keep and reread. I think I may be in ne..."

Oh, yes, Rene. I started with paperbacks and then began buying Nora's books in hardback and that includes most of the "In Death" novels she writes as J.D. Robb. No guilt.

Rene Ahh, Holly a kindred soul. Nice to know.

Annmarie I enjoyed The Collector very much. Nora Roberts is also a keeper for me. I re-read her often. The Witness and Homeport are two of my favorites.

message 10: by Rene (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rene Have you read The Search yet, that one is a "pass around" book. I got my sister -in -law hooked on Nora Roberts with that one.

Holly Yes, I have read "The Search." Love the characters - especially Jaws. It was pretty scary in a couple of places but that was to be expected when you're reading about a serial killer! I've put the new "In Death" on my list for my birthday.

message 12: by Nat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nat I have read all the "In Death" Series thus far and love each of them. By far my favorite Nora Roberts titles come from her book based in Maryland.

message 13: by Dana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dana I have enjoyed most of her books. The Witness, The Search and Carolina Moon are my faves, although I love most of her in death books. But not all. I will have to say there were a couple of her books that were too raunchy for me. And I couldn't get through the Dream series.