Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

Shadow Dance (Buchanan-Renard, #6)
This topic is about Shadow Dance
Group Reads or Buddy Reads > May 2014 BOM: Shadow Dance (Buchanan-Renard #6) by Julie Garwood

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf) (last edited Apr 30, 2014 10:24PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 312 comments Mod

Shadow Dance, by Julie Garwood

Jordan Buchanan is thrilled that her brother and best friend are tying the knot. The wedding is a lavish affair–for the marriage of Dylan Buchanan and Kate MacKenna is no ordinary occasion. It represents the joining of two family dynasties. The ceremony and reception proceed without a hitch–until a crasher appears claiming to be a MacKenna guest. The disheveled and eccentric professor of medieval history warns that there’s “bad blood” between the couple’s clans, stemming from an ancient feud that originated in Scotland, and involving the Buchanan theft of a coveted MacKenna treasure.

Jordan has always led a cautious life and has used her intelligence and reason to become a successful businesswoman. So she is intrigued but skeptical of the professor’s claims that the feud has been kept alive by the grave injustices the Buchanans have perpetrated over the centuries. But when Noah Clayborne, a close family friend and a man who has never let a good time or a pretty girl pass him by, accuses Jordan of being trapped in her comfort zone, she determines to prove him wrong and sets out on a spontaneous adventure to the small, dusty town of Serenity, Texas, to judge the professor’s research for herself.

Maneuvering through a close-knit community in which everyone knows everyone else’s business, Jordan never anticipates the danger and intrigue that lie in her path, nor the threat that will shadow her back to Boston, where even in familiar surroundings, her life is at risk.

A powerful thug who rules by fear, a man who harbors a simmering secret, and an unexpected romance that pierces all defenses–beloved author Julie Garwood weaves these dazzling elements into a brilliant novel of romantic suspense. Shadow Dance is a searing tango of passion and peril.

Please put spoilers under "view spoilers" until towards the end of the month. Thanks!

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 312 comments Mod
Reserved.

Questian (sakurastrife) | 152 comments ME!!!!

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
Is it May already?

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1033 comments Mod
Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Is it May already?"

Yeah, really.

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Really? WOW!

Questian (sakurastrife) | 152 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Really? WOW!"

yah really!!!!

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I guess I'd better get reading ☺

Questian (sakurastrife) | 152 comments I have to get my book frommy friend.. she borrowed it..and she so like Noah...

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Has anyone started this yet? If so, how are you liking it?

Questian (sakurastrife) | 152 comments this will be my re-read
...the 3rd time of me to read this...

message 12: by Jewel (new) - added it

Jewel | 350 comments I don't have a copy yet :(

Questian (sakurastrife) | 152 comments jewel, want an ebook? pm me ur email...

message 14: by Jewel (new) - added it

Jewel | 350 comments Thank you so much Questian

I'll pm you now

message 15: by Joeera (new) - added it

Joeera  | 109 comments I will start reading it tomorrow

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (last edited May 07, 2014 06:01PM) (new)

I don't think I'll read this one again. I still need to listen to last month's The Gift that I splurged and got on audio.

message 17: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Enjoy!

Questian (sakurastrife) | 152 comments Jewel wrote: "Thank you so much Questian

I'll pm you now"

did you get the book?

Lisa Kay wrote: "I don't think I'll read this one again. I still need to list to last month's The Gift that I splurged and got on audio."

I haven't finished reading that book too...

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Sorry... meant "listen to," not "list to." LOL!

message 20: by Jewel (new) - added it

Jewel | 350 comments Thanks Questian, got if

I might start today.

Tammie I love this book...makes me want to re-read this series. DONE!

message 22: by Joeera (new) - added it

Joeera  | 109 comments I loved it as well finished reading it yesterday.

message 23: by Jewel (new) - added it

Jewel | 350 comments How are guys getting along with this one.

I admit I didn't really start since the other book I was reading kept me hooked.

But now I'm ready for this one.

message 24: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (last edited May 13, 2014 07:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sadly this is one that I don't have a copy of. I think I got it from the library. Anyway, I know I liked it. It wasn't my favorite of the series but it was still good.

message 25: by Jewel (new) - added it

Jewel | 350 comments So I'm reading and this professed walks into the wedding talking about a feud that goes back to the thirteenth century, and I can't help but want to go back and read about it.

So is there a prequel among JG Historicals to this one?

Questian (sakurastrife) | 152 comments yah.. try reading shadow music...

message 27: by Jewel (new) - added it

Jewel | 350 comments Thanks Questian,

So I think I'm going to stop reading this one until I read Shadow Music.

Sorry ladies :(

Questian (sakurastrife) | 152 comments i have a copy of that if you want...but seriously, u dont have to stop reading...i did that too...i was like wondering which book is connected so, i like read my JG historical...

message 29: by Jewel (new) - added it

Jewel | 350 comments Thanks Questian, but I think I have a copy of it somewhere I just never got around to reading it.

And I do know that I don't have to stop reading, since this could be read as a stand alone but I won't be able to read knowing there is a historical waiting for me, I'm just like you, I love her Historicals.

Questian (sakurastrife) | 152 comments Jewel wrote: "Thanks Questian, but I think I have a copy of it somewhere I just never got around to reading it.

And I do know that I don't have to stop reading, since this could be read as a stand alone but I w..."

that i understand very well...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shadow Dance (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Julie Garwood (other topics)