YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction discussion

Champion (Legend, #3)
This topic is about Champion
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > May 2014 BOTM: Champion by Marie Lu

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheer (new)

Cheer Papworth (cheerest) | 390 comments Please read Champion by Marie Lu and participate in the group book discussion.

message 2: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Love. This. Book! At a time when highly anticipated books in YA series have been big disappointments, this one REPRESENTED :)

E.R. Arroyo Me too -- I loved it. Marie Lu sure knows how to pull my heartstrings. I really enjoyed the fact that the book took world politics into consideration instead solely focusing on The Republic's struggle. And Antarctica was pretty neat!

E.R. Arroyo And Day is my favorite YA male lead, like ever.

Marcus | 24 comments I absolutely enjoyed this series. I read it a few months back. but I am going back through it as an audiobook. I finished the other two already. I just started on champion yesterday. talk about perfect timing.

Jane (janeinri) | 129 comments What luck for me! I FINALLY got Prodigy from the library and I am NEXT on the list for Champion - works out great for me LOL.

Jane (janeinri) | 129 comments Wow - wow - wow - that ending! I just bawled my eyes out the last few chapters, but it still left me feeling hopeful. NOT like Allegiant! This is the way to end a great series.

I loved that we got a glimpse of the wider world - wow, I could get into a sequel set in Antarctica! That place sounded pretty cool - but there HAS to be something creepy about it. I'd also love to see a prequel, diving into the BIG flood that caused the migration of people, that in turn caused the USA to split into the Colonies and the Republic. And how the heck did Africa become so powerful?

I also loved the Patriots in this one - and I agree with E.R. - Day is my favorite male lead.

message 8: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) I completely agree with you there, Jane :) A great ending!

Marcus | 24 comments Just finished the audio book of champion. and I find it bittersweet because it is a good ending. but leaves feeling a little empty because you know u r going to want more. u r going to want to know what happened to them.

message 10: by E.R. (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.R. Arroyo Jane I still haven't read Allegiant. I just can't bring myself to do it after everything I've heard! And I was also fascinated by Antarctica.

message 11: by K. (new) - rated it 2 stars

K. | 32 comments Gosh, I didn't drink the Kool-Aid on this one.... In the first book June got to be a kick ass female in the style of Katniss, Buffy, Tris and others who paved the way, but in this book the battles she fights are all political or emotional and I miss the old June. The same problem exists with Day in this story. Granted, the former experimentation performed on him has left him weak, perhaps fatally so, and he has been separated from June for nearly a year seeking treatment for himself and his brother Eden, one of the Republic’s last experiments. It just doesn’t seem true to character that June wouldn’t hunt down her man and that Day would be able to survive so long without her in his life.

Read more of my review at:
http://yadystopiafiction.wordpress.co...

message 12: by E.R. (last edited May 28, 2014 05:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

E.R. Arroyo K. wrote: "Gosh, I didn't drink the Kool-Aid on this one.... In the first book June got to be a kick ass female in the style of Katniss, Buffy, Tris and others who paved the way, but in this book the battles ..."

I actually agree with you--I felt the lack of action from June left her portions (politics and all) a bit boring, but I couldn't bring myself to knock the book down to a 4 star so I gave it 4.5! :)

Tori (InToriLex) (audacioustori) | 1 comments I really enjoyed this book, but agree about Junes lack of action, I wanted her to be more badass then she was.

I also was really intrigued by the game society in Antartica, and wish there was a spin off or something about that.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Allegiant (other topics)