Hopeful Wanderers discussion

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
This topic is about Heaven is for Real
Heaven is for Real

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 69 comments Mod
This story turned out no really what I was expecting going into it, but I was still entertained while reading it.

Some of the information got repeated too much and some of the paragraphs got a little too preachy for my tastes, though I did enjoy his descriptions of the scenery. It just went on and on and added almost nothing to the story, but I know how fun it can be to write so I didn't get annoyed with it.

I thought what he said about heaven was interesting even though I wished there was more information. I do get that Colton was only three though. I don't really know if I believe it? It sounds nice, but I keep thinking he is from a preacher's family. I know they said he couldn't have known that stuff, but once they kept repeating that and repeating that I started doubting it.

It did make me wonder about other religions, and what their experience would have been. I think it is something I am going to look into.

Isis (raiseyourpinky) | 77 comments Mod
I loved this book! It was seriously so beautiful. I loved the simplicity of the prose. I found the family to be so great and I admired them and their faith.

The fact that Colton's father was a pastor just added more to the story. He could connect the dots based on what Colton said and it all made so much sense. It left me in complete awe. It even strengthened my faith, which is something I have been craving for. I wanted to be sure about everything I had been sure of before. And now I am. Now I feel capable of believing again.

What really got me was the illustration of the "Prince of Peace" that the other little girl who went to heaven made. My goodness, that was beautiful. I have no other words. It was just beautiful.

This book just lifted me up. I found myself worried about Colton during the beginning of the book, even though I knew he eventually was okay. I just love him. Did I mention I love this book?