The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

Thirteen Reasons Why
This topic is about Thirteen Reasons Why
Stand Alones > Thirteen Reasons Why

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
Discuss and share your thoughts on this book!

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 580 comments I loved this!

Sarah (reads4fun730) | 718 comments I loved this book too. It was one of the first YA books I read.

Shermaya Cavanagh I loved this book so much, it makes you really think about your actions and how they affect/effect other people

Ally Bryan (allysbookshoparoundthecorner) | 260 comments This was an amazing book! I loved it!

message 6: by A (new) - rated it 4 stars

A H I'm currently reading it...I've just finished Side B of Cassette 2...and omg what a book! LOVING it...:))

lori rowe cottingham | 1 comments This book is great. It really makes you think about how we treat others and the repercussions of our decisions. Great book for jr highers and high schoolers to read and learn from. I highly recommend this book.

message 8: by A (new) - rated it 4 stars

A H I loved the book SO much!! A wonderful read it was...

Fari  (nothingbetterthanbooks) I loved this book!! This is one of the first books that made me go into Realistic Fiction again!! Loved it!

Aisha (aisha_i) I am scared to say this but i felt this book was just okay. I know depression is a hard thing to deal and cope with.

However, I felt like Hannah was blaming the whole world for her problems. Clay and a few others tried to help her. You can't help someone who doesn't want it. I do feel bad that she felt like she had no other option.
However, I did enjoy the formatting of this book.

Christiana Reads (christianapng) | 53 comments I just finished reading this book. It was great & such an eye opener, especially when it comes to rumors.
I had some tiny issues with the way Hannah was dealing with some cases but I liked the element of suspense.
Unfortunately, things like the ones described in the book happen.
Overall, this was a great book as I said! :)

Lissette (liss4ever) Loved the formatting of the book and the use of tapes.i just had some issues with how Hannah handled some situations. Like she expected people to notice what she was going through but she never said anything or told anyone. Clay wanted to help her and she pushed him away.

message 13: by Ally (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally Bryan (allysbookshoparoundthecorner) | 260 comments I kind of hope they don't make a movie (it was optioned forever ago) because I can't really see how they would translate the format of it.

Lissette (liss4ever) i don't know if they're still gonna make the movie or not because it was confirmed months ago. Me neither unless they do like voice overs from Hannah's perspective.

message 15: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cheyenne | 1425 comments Mod
I didnt really like this book i found it really hard to follow.

Wells Margo (pearapple) | 297 comments I hated it. Her reasons for committing suicide were pathetic.

Aisha (aisha_i) I kinda agree Margaret. But I wouldn't use the word pathetic

Aisha (aisha_i) I kinda agree Margaret. But I wouldn't use the word pathetic

message 19: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
Should I read this book? It just sounds too sad...

message 20: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cheyenne | 1425 comments Mod
It's really confused to follow.

Aisha (aisha_i) It is sad but it's also a little frustrating. Try reading it and see what u think. It's a quick read

message 22: by Ekin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ekin (eknvrdr) I loved the life lessons that were given by the book, it was written brilliantly however I thought her reasons for killing herself was overrated and could be easily solved.

Juliet | 345 comments I really liked this book, it is definitely worth the read. The thing is that it was difficult for me to read. Most of the time, right in the middle of Hannah's tapes, Clay's POV would come in. I wouldn't pay attention to the font and I would think it was Hannah saying Clay's words, But I still liked it. Very thought-provoking :)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) Ekin wrote: "I loved the life lessons that were given by the book, it was written brilliantly however I thought her reasons for killing herself was overrated and could be easily solved."

Agreed. Although that part where Hannah was raped in the hot tub was definitely traumatizing. I could only imagine what kind of emotional trauma she had to deal with after that.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually liked this book. A lot of people think that Hannah's reasons for killing herself were stupid, and while that's true to some extent, it also kind of makes sense. It wasn't just one thing that pushed her over the edge, it was a series of things that made her feel worthless and unloved which eventually drove her to suicide. It wasn't just the fact that someone was pretending to be her friend, or that a boy exaggerated what they did together, or that people didn't notice her in school, it was all of those things put together that made her wonder what the point of her life was.

Roxanne R | 6 comments I really liked the format of this book but overall I think Hannah blamed people for not helping her when she didn't really give them a chance to.Other than that I really enjoyed this book.