Who's Your Author? discussion

Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1)
This topic is about Dragon Actually
Archives 2014 > May BOM: Dragon Actually

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments The May Book of the Month (BOM) is:

It's not always easy being a female warrior with a nickname like Annwyl the Bloody. Men tend to either cower in fear - a lot - or else salute. It's true that Annwyl has a knack for decapitating legions of her ruthless brother's soldiers without pausing for breath. But just once it would be nice to be able to really talk to a man, the way, she can talk to Fearghus the Destroyer.

Too bad that Fearghus is a dragon, of the large, scaly and deadly type. With him, Annwyl feels safe - a far cry from the feelings aroused by the hard-bodied, arrogant knight Fearghus has arranged to help train her for battle. With her days spent fighting a man who fill her with fierce, heady desire, and her nights spent in the company of a magical creature who could smite a village just by exhaling, Annwyl is sure life couldn't get any stranger. She's wrong.

message 2: by Ladondra (new)

Ladondra | 7 comments I can't wait to re-read this! This was one of the funniest, most romantic series ever.

rachel (rrr98) | 82 comments own this book love it!!!

message 4: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 4452 comments Me too!!

message 5: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I started reading it and am loving it.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments This book and series is so much fun to read! I liked how Annwyl isn't scared of the dragons.

LastBreath (last_breath) | 239 comments OMG I never really knew how much I would enjoy this unril now! Okay, I lie. When it won BOTM I snapped it up on Amazon those many weeks ago and kept staring at the first page, desperately wishing the start date to hurry up. I'm only on Chapter 10 and I've already ordered Book 2 (doing a happy dance in my head, it's safer that way!)

message 8: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Well, I usually stop and make comments and I just finished. lol I'll be reading the next one too.

LastBreath (last_breath) | 239 comments I'm really starting to feel for Morfyd - her family is absolutely cuckoo!

LastBreath (last_breath) | 239 comments Fearghus' Claiming of Annwyl felt a lot more intimate than a Were one. Whenever I read a Were-mance it's a lot of blood, bites and fur. Ok, so Annwyl gave her mark while he branded her. I suppose you could say the Queen made the first move with the necklace.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments This one has been on my list for a long while. I shall go forth and get a copy.

rachel (rrr98) | 82 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "This one has been on my list for a long while. I shall go forth and get a copy."

its really good and if u get the newer one you get 3 stories instead of 2

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments Well I'm going to assume it's the newer one . . .

message 14: by Suzie (new)

Suzie | 8 comments I've had this on my tbr list for ages!

message 15: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Suzie wrote: "I've had this on my tbr list for ages!"

IT's really good. You need to dust it off and read it. :)

message 16: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 2046 comments rachel wrote: "Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "This one has been on my list for a long while. I shall go forth and get a copy."

its really good and if u get the newer one you get 3 stories instead of 2"

*Looks at Rachel with envious glare* My copy only has two. Darn!

message 17: by rachel (last edited May 05, 2014 08:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

rachel (rrr98) | 82 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Well I'm going to assume it's the newer one . . ."

yeah the cover above is the newer one

LastBreath (last_breath) | 239 comments Whaa?! The newer one! Man I thought I scored with Dragon Actually and Chains & Flame 2 in 1 :(

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments Looks like I bought the Zebra one from 2008, ebook. (Guess I bought it further back then I had thought!)

But I've got the Tale of Two dragons already so I'm OK.

LastBreath (last_breath) | 239 comments *quickly jumping on Kindle to find Tales of Two

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments 32% of the way in and I'm loving it!

Good call Darcy. ^_-

message 22: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 4452 comments I got the old ebook when it came out, and I've got Chains & Flames somewhere as well. But, I like pb so I bought the new one above as well. I'm pretty sure the pb is the only place where you get A Tale of Two Dragons with the other 2 stories. She's since brought it out as a standalone ebook. A Tale Of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin, #0.2) by G.A. Aiken

Always liked Annwyl and the story arc is still ongoing. Whilst not always focusing on Annwyl & Fearghus, each book contributes to the arc. And now we have a whole world of dragons. Loving it!!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments Finished Annwyl and Fearghus's part of the book. Loved them together. Didn't really like that Fearghus (view spoiler)

Not sure how I feel about going into Rhiannon & Bercelak's story. I find them fun as side characters . . . but Bercelak a creep. More correctly I find Bercelak annoying.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Finished Annwyl and Fearghus's part of the book. Loved them together. Didn't really like that Fearghus [spoilers removed]"

Overall I don't like that plot point in any story.

Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Not sure how I feel about going into Rhiannon & Bercelak's story. I find them fun as side characters . . . but Bercelak a creep. More correctly I find Bercelak annoying."

A little bit of them goes a long way.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments Thank you! Especially when the lady has to go and get'em.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. But I'll keep my hopes up.

LastBreath (last_breath) | 239 comments I kinda liked the whole Bercelak and Rhiannon side story. It made me better understand why they behaved towards Annwyl the way they did. Their whole family dynamic threw me for a loop in Dragon Actually. Compared to many other teasers I've read from other authors this one made sense. It even highlighted the other Dragonkind that Rhiannons kin made contact with. Can't wait to meet the rest of them :)

message 27: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 4452 comments I like them all, just some more than others :)

message 28: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I thought it was interesting because we have the queen chained up in the first story and I think this was Aiken's way of explaining it. My hopes weren't real high for this one, but I did enjoy it.

message 29: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I got my library's paperback copy and the extra story wasn't in it. Darn! It must have been a special edition.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments I'm only a little bit into Rhiannon & Bercelak's story and I'm not feeling it. But I'll keep going. Rhiannon is actually the one annoying me now! Royalty complex anyone.

rachel (rrr98) | 82 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I'm only a little bit into Rhiannon & Bercelak's story and I'm not feeling it. But I'll keep going. Rhiannon is actually the one annoying me now! Royalty complex anyone."
will i would say blame the bitch queen :)

message 32: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Love it--bitch queen. She is isn't she? Can you imagine having her or the pair as parents? *shudder*

lol You know I highlighted a lot of things in the first story, but not so much in the second.

✩Tiffany✩ (tiff_eni) | 2 comments I just bought this book~ can't wait to read it with everyone :)

message 34: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 4452 comments Yay Tiffany, hope you like it :)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 127 comments Finally forced myself to finish.

Rhiannon & Bercelak wasn't bad, I just didn't feel it.

And Lisarenee I definitely didn't hightlight as much either.

Brenda Walker | 70 comments I just finished! This was a great book. I couldn't put it down. Loved the characters. They seemed so real.

message 37: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra | 4452 comments Yay!!!