Backstory discussion

16 views
Debates > Pro-Choice vs Pro-Life

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Should abortion be illegal. Please post reasons.


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Should abortion be illegal? That's a hard one.

This is what my religion says: if you have abortion during the first four weeks of pregnancy, it's okay, because the baby is just a fetus and not really a living being. But after that, it's seen as killing a human being, as the baby is now more than just a fetus.

I'm going to go by my religion, because I agree with it.


message 3: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Until this fetus is born, it's not technically a person yet. It's still a part of the woman's body. She has the right to do what she wants to do with her own body.

Legally, this fetus has no birth date. No social security number. No country of birth. In some cases, it doesn't even have a name yet. According to the law, this is not yet a person. If it's not a person, how can it be murdered?


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

No it shouldn't be ,as well as being a good option for teenage pregnancies it helps in a way with the population growth problem.


message 5: by Raven (new)

Raven (howlisawesome) is that what we're worried about? overpopulating the earth? And so what is the unborn baby didn't have a name or a social security number? it would have been if you didn't kill it. but I guess we'll never know... it is a breathing living human being that was conceived for a reason. And who's to say it's not living? The baby could of had great potential and made a difference in the world. What if someone killed a recently born baby? you'd be doing the same thing, killing it and taking away all the great potential they could of had. You take all of that away from it when you stubbornly decide to abort it because either you "weren't ready to have one" or you "didn't want it." aren't you blessed to have the life you have? The Chance to experience amazing things, learn, and meet people? well, be glad your mother chose to give you life. And about teen pregnancies, it's the teenager's fault they got pregnant in the first place. it wasn't the unborn baby's fault so don't ruin it's life. it makes me so sad to see that we can kill off innocent babies just because they didn't have name, the person wasn't prepared or responsible enough to have one, and they think: oh well, they're just over populating the earth anyway. so next time you're having a good day, be grateful that your mother gave you the chance to experience the life you have.


message 6: by Raven (new)

Raven (howlisawesome) and people who say "it's the woman's body, she can do what she wants," you can do horrible things like murder because "you can do whatever you want" but that doesn't make it right does it? You can cut yourself and do drugs, but does that make it a good thing that will be beneficial to you or to anyone else? No. why are we humans so selfish! These are human beings! Please, don't kill unborn babies just because you think it's necessary, because it's not


message 7: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 57 comments Hai wrote: "Until this fetus is born, it's not technically a person yet. It's still a part of the woman's body. She has the right to do what she wants to do with her own body.

Legally, this fetus has no birth..."


The baby still has a heartbeat. How is that NOT a person?


message 8: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 57 comments In the olden days or whatever, people didn't have social security or anything, (which was legal :P)
Were they not people?


message 9: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 57 comments Raven wrote: "and people who say "it's the woman's body, she can do what she wants," you can do horrible things like murder because "you can do whatever you want" but that doesn't make it right does it? You can..."

Agreed:)

Plus, I don't get the "pro-choice" stuff, because you're not really giving the human-to-be a choice, are ya? I know a newborn cannot make choices, but still.


message 10: by Hai (last edited May 07, 2014 03:02AM) (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Raven wrote: "The baby could of had great potential and made a difference in the world. What if someone killed a recently born baby? you'd be doing the same thing, killing it and taking away all the great potential they could of had."

True, but what about the opposite? What if this child grows up to be a mass murderer, or the next Hitler? You can't say for sure which one the fetus may become. The truth of the matter is that EVERY life, great and small affects the world, but "in what way?" is the real question.

Also, about the equality of life of a baby and a fetus. If you had one of each in each hand, a new born baby, and a under-developed fetus, and you accidentally drop both, which one would you instinctively try to save? Most people would answer the baby.

---

Kay [Barbie doll] wrote: "The baby still has a heartbeat. How is that NOT a person? "

Prison inmates have heartbeats, kids starving in America have heartbeats, why's it ok to ignore these deaths, and not for these "almost people."

So this is happening in the world right now....

Pro-lifer's: You should not abort because it's wrong, and you're killing a life.

The same Pro-lifer's: Your kids are starving and you can't afford to feed them? It's your fault, why'd you get knocked up in the first place?

Why's it ok to worried about these "almost people", when there are actual people who are actually suffering in the world right now?

---

Kay [Barbie doll] wrote: "In the olden days or whatever, people didn't have social security or anything, (which was legal :P)
Were they not people?"


Well, they had birthdays, and in those times, those were legally people. But really, if you want to talk about sanctity of life, human history is a bad choice. Mass murdering of entire races or a particular people just because they were "heathens" and they didn't believe in the same God as you... Or a king killing every first born baby son of an entire generation of slaves to quell a possible slave revolt... Well, you get the gist.


message 11: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
I have a little fact for y'all to chew on: two pregnant women go into the hospital and ask to have an abortion (they're in different time periods) one is carrying the future Albert Einstein, the other the future Adolf Hitler. They both keep their baby (obviously). What would have happened if either had gone through with the abortion?


message 12: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Here's a common misconception in this debate:

Death is not the opposite of life. It's a part of life. It's the ending of the life cycle. Everything that lives must eventually die.

Who are you to choose who lives and dies? You aren't the one who has to take responsibility for this new life. The truth of the matter is that for every abortion, there are more people who choose to keep their babies. Why are you so hung up on these few who don't want to? It's their lives, they should be able to choose how they want to live it. It's the freedom of choice. You don't have to agree with it, you just have to let them have the ability to choose.

Taking away someone's choice is taking away someone's freedom. No one should stand for that.


message 13: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 69 comments Abortion is wrong on all counts. It's murder but society makes it seem like it's ok just so that more people could "have fun" and not worry about their consequences and get stuck with raising a kid.


message 14: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Abortion is wrong on all counts. It's murder but society makes it seem like it's ok just so that more people could "have fun" and not worry about their consequences and get stuck with raising a kid."

What about kids born to people who aren't ready to be parents?
What about kids born to people who can't afford another mouth to feed?
What about kids born to people who were raped and would not like to have this rapist's baby?

There are reasons beyond "I just don't wanna have one" that you're simply ignoring, because you seem to think that's the most popular one.


message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments Because a baby is a human the day he or she is conceived.


message 16: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
ever heard of adoption hai?


message 17: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Hannah wrote: "Because a baby is a human the day he or she is conceived."

Well, that's what the debate is trying to determine. The first trimester lasts from 1-12 weeks, which is where most states say it's legal to have a abortion.

According to the bible, "The life of the flesh is in the blood..." Leviticus 17:11. The fetus isn't infused with blood until 90 days after conception. So in the eyes of the bible, it isn't alive yet.

Where will it be okay to draw the line though? There are some advocates of pro-life who are arguing against contraception. Saying that they're killing the chance for the child to be conceived, or whatever. Everyone has a different point where they say it's okay to get an abortion. We can't just go by one person's opinion.

---

liz wrote: "ever heard of adoption hai?"

I have. How many kids are still in the adoption system, feeling unwanted because their parents didn't love them enough? How many years on average before one of these kids gets adopted by a loving family? How many never get adopted, and turn 18 and forced into the real world never knowing what a happy family feels like?

I'm sure there are adopted kids who go into wonderful homes, but there are still, so many who don't.


message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments If anything the bible is not saying abortion is correct.


message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments I was adopted.


message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments It's the concept of when is a baby a human. I mean is the thing dead when it's conceived? No it's alive. The fetus grows. Something has to be alive in order to grow.


message 21: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Hannah wrote: "It's the concept of when is a baby a human. I mean is the thing dead when it's conceived? No it's alive. The fetus grows. Something has to be alive in order to grow."

My hair and nails are alive. I'm able to cut these things off. I have a kidney that's alive. I could have it removed if that were my choice. The fetus is just another part of this woman's body. You should not have a say in what she can or cannot do to herself, when she can legally do it. It's like saying you don't want someone to get a tattoo because you don't want to see people with tattoos walking around, granted, on a much smaller scale...

Do note, that I'm Pro- Choice not pro-abortion. I'm for her ability to choose. If she wants to keep the baby, when all of her friends and family want her to abort it, I'd still be on her side of this.

What would you do if there were a law voted on, which removes the woman's right to choose what she wants to do with the fetus. Oh yes, it might work for you now when the popular vote would be for her to keep it. What if the future were different, and the popular choice is for her to abort, due to some population crisis, or what have you. Because this law that was made that removes the woman's right to choose, she lawfully has to comply with it's abortion. What would you do then?

You should not be able to take away anyone's rights. As cruel as it seems, this fetus is not yet a person, and has no rights under law. It's still just part of this woman's body. She, and she alone, should be the only one who decides what she'll do. Let her get all the facts, let her listen to her husband/boyfriend, let here hear out her family and friends. Let her make a decision after that, as long as it's her decision.


message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments Exactly. But the fetus is a person right when conceived. I mean think about it. The fetus is a baby! The fetus doesn't leave and change into a baby it is a baby it's self. So saying let's kill the fetus is basically saying oh it is a person let's kill it off. The mother is killing her child.


message 23: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Hannah wrote: "Exactly. But the fetus is a person right when conceived. I mean think about it. The fetus is a baby! The fetus doesn't leave and change into a baby it is a baby it's self. So saying let's kill the fetus is basically saying oh it is a person let's kill it off. The mother is killing her child. "

A fetus is not a baby. it's a possible baby. A fetus to a baby is like a baby to a full grown man. It currently does not have it's own rights. perhaps that'll change later, but currently it does not.


message 24: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments But it still will be a baby! People don't go in and say oh I have a fetus take it out they get an abortion when they realize I'm pregnant. I'm going to have a baby. At that point the woman knows that she has a baby it's not just a fetus anymore it's a she has the knowledge that she is going to have a baby.


message 25: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Hannah wrote: "But it still will be a baby! People don't go in and say oh I have a fetus take it out they get an abortion when they realize I'm pregnant. I'm going to have a baby. At that point the woman knows that she has a baby it's not just a fetus anymore it's a she has the knowledge that she is going to have a baby."

You're mixing present tense with future tenses... She's currently pregnant, she will have a baby. You realize you are pregnant, you're going to have a baby. In neither of these instances do you currently have a baby.

Here are a few examples of why a fetus isn't a baby, and not legally alive.

1) Birth date. Everyone in the world is legally known by the day they were born, not the day they were conceived. (How messy would that be?)

2) If a pregnant woman were hit by a man, and she later had a miscarriage, the attacker wouldn't be charged with murder, or even manslaughter, it'd be assault. Granted, he may get a steeper sentence because of jury sympathy, but he can't be charged for murder.


message 26: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments The fetus is a baby. Humans make baby's not nothing. Apple trees don't produce nothing that changes into an apple tree. It's at a beginning stage. But eventually it's a baby. It's like a human. Starts off as a baby then toddler then a child a teenager so on and so forth. The fetus is a stage of life. It's still a baby. It's still on it's course.


message 27: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Hannah wrote: "The fetus is a baby. Humans make baby's not nothing. Apple trees don't produce nothing that changes into an apple tree. It's at a beginning stage. But eventually it's a baby. It's like a human. Starts off as a baby then toddler then a child a teenager so on and so forth. The fetus is a stage of life. It's still a baby. It's still on it's course."

True, it's on it's way to becoming a baby. It's not yet a baby. This is why we have this distinction between a baby and a fetus. No one is debating whether or not it's the first stage of human life, it's whether or not it's legally a human being with it's own rights.

Using your apple tree analogy, this is the difference between an apple and apple seeds. One is fit to eat, while the other is not.


message 28: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments But you can't have an apple without the seeds. Take the seeds (fetus) there will be no apple (baby) which is murder. And does it make it right for a mom to get fed up with her teenage son and say it's my right to kill you so she does it? No that would also be murder.


message 29: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Hannah wrote: "But you can't have an apple without the seeds. Take the seeds (fetus) there will be no apple (baby) which is murder."

No one is doubting the fact that you can't have a baby without the fetus, but just because you have the fetus, this does not guarantee that you will have a baby. A hundred things could go wrong with the pregnancy.

---

Hannah wrote: "And does it make it right for a mom to get fed up with her teenage son and say it's my right to kill you so she does it? No that would also be murder."

You're mixing examples again... A fetus is not the same as a teenage boy. Yes, the fetus may one day grow into a teenage boy, but currently it's not one. One of these has rights under law, the other does not.


message 30: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments Well we both have our opinion. So i mean obviously there's nothing I'mma do to change your mind.


message 31: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Hannah wrote: "Well we both have our opinion. So i mean obviously there's nothing I'mma do to change your mind."

Sorry, milady.

Thank you for the debate though. I do hope that one day, when this choice comes to you, that you're able to choose what you want to do. Freedom of choice. That's what I'm rooting for.


message 32: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments There is only one and only one issue where I say an abortion is ok. In no other case is it. Abortion is murder. Not the mothers right to kill the child. Because since you are going by the bible nothing on this earth is ours which means that the fetus or baby is not our own so that's killing off (getting rid of) gods creation

Have you seen aborted baby's? Because that is just sad how people can do that.


message 33: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Hannah wrote: "There is only one and only one issue where I say an abortion is ok. In no other case is it. Abortion is murder. Not the mothers right to kill the child. Because since you are going by the bible nothing on this earth is ours which means that the fetus or baby is not our own so that's killing off (getting rid of) gods creation"

=)

I'm actually an atheist. I used the bible quote because we were discussing whether or not it was alive. But still, if it were god's will, we would not be able to do anything he deems us unable to do. By that reason alone, wouldn't that suggest that anything we can do is part of god's plan? Food for thought.

This part of the discussion really should be saved for another debate though, wouldn't you agree?

---

Hannah wrote: "Have you seen aborted baby's? Because that is just sad how people can do that."

Just because something makes you sad when you see it doesn't mean that you should be able to take away another person's rights. Sure, I've seen aborted babies, and it does make me a little melancholy. But then I remember about all the children that are still alive today. All the ones I've seen. I know there's death in the world. There's absolutely no way to escape it. But also don't forget that there's also life. You'll see more life than you'll see death. Don't forget to help the living. They need it more than the dead.


message 34: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 57 comments Hai wrote: "Here's a common misconception in this debate:

Death is not the opposite of life. It's a part of life. It's the ending of the life cycle. Everything that lives must eventually die.

Who are you to..."

Well, you just said a good point.

Who are you to choose who lives and dies?

I don't think that just because you're pregnant should change that.


message 35: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 57 comments Hai wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Because a baby is a human the day he or she is conceived."

Well, that's what the debate is trying to determine. The first trimester lasts from 1-12 weeks, which is where most states..."


Actually, I was adopted before I was even born :)


message 36: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 57 comments Don't you think it's just slightly insulting that my birth-mother could have killed me? I do. It wouldn't have been my choice, either. Which is what you want. Freedom of CHOICE.
But if I'm being honest, I value LIFE one step higher than freedom. I would think you would too if you don't believe in the afterlife. (Sorry if that's insulting)


message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 11 comments I was also adopted before I was born. In my opinion women shouldn't have the right to kill her baby


message 38: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 69 comments Hai wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Abortion is wrong on all counts. It's murder but society makes it seem like it's ok just so that more people could "have fun" and not worry about their consequences and g..."

Then they should've thought about that beforehand.
And yes there's this great thing called adoption. Why would you kill a child because you don't want them when people desperately want kids but can't have any due to medical issues?


message 39: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 69 comments Kay [Barbie doll] wrote: "Don't you think it's just slightly insulting that my birth-mother could have killed me? I do. It wouldn't have been my choice, either. Which is what you want. Freedom of CHOICE.
But if I'm being ho..."


Yes!


message 40: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Hai wrote: "Who are you to choose who lives and dies?"

Kay [Barbie doll] wrote: I don't think that just because you're pregnant should change that. "

Well, that's kind of what we're discussing. My contention is that the fetus is not legally alive yet. So the pregnant mother isn't killing a life, she's removing a non-life threatening growth from her body (apologies if this is offensive, but technically, it's true)

---

Kay [Barbie doll] wrote: "Don't you think it's just slightly insulting that my birth-mother could have killed me? I do."

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but it'll probably sound like an insult, keep in mind that it isn't.

If you had been aborted, you wouldn't feel insulted at all, you'd feel nothing. A fetus wouldn't have complex emotions such as feeling insulted.

Kay [Barbie doll] wrote: "It wouldn't have been my choice, either. Which is what you want. Freedom of CHOICE.
But if I'm being honest, I value LIFE one step higher than freedom. I would think you would too if you don't believe in the afterlife. (Sorry if that's insulting)"


You're ability to choose now is because someone chose not to abort you, a fetus doesn't have the mental capacity (nor the right to) make decisions. Sure it may be able to feel pain, so do some coma patients. Is it aware of it's own existence? Probably not.

---

I'd like to use this part of the post to apologize if I insulted anyone who was adopted. This was not my intent when I posted about adopted children. My intention was simply to state that adoption isn't a fool proof system. There are holes in it. (as there will be in nearly every system) There are thousands of people who want kids, and thousands of kids in need of families. Shouldn't there be a lack of one or the other if the system worked properly?


message 41: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Then they should've thought about that beforehand."

Not everyone has a choice in the matter. Rape victims don't get anywhere from saying no. No one expects getting pregnant when they're using contraceptives, but these are not 100% effective. Unexpected pregnancies happen. If you're expecting everyone who doesn't want to get pregnant should stay abstinent, what society are you living in?

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: And yes there's this great thing called adoption. Why would you kill a child because you don't want them when people desperately want kids but can't have any due to medical issues?"

Slight correction here, They aren't killing a child. They're aborting a fetus. They're negating the child's existence. Not the same thing.

---

Here's a question I posed before but I didn't get an answer to...

There are so many people suffering in the world right now, in this country alone, why aren't you as concerned with these people? There are people starving in the streets, and people just walk by them, not giving them a second thought. They have emotions. The can feel pain. They're alive, with birthdays, birth certificates, and a social security number, why aren't you speaking out for these people? Is it because they aren't as cute as babies?


message 42: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 69 comments Hai wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Then they should've thought about that beforehand."

Not everyone has a choice in the matter. Rape victims don't get anywhere from saying no. No one expects getting pregn..."


I am living in this world but I am not of this world.


message 43: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 69 comments Hai wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Then they should've thought about that beforehand."

Not everyone has a choice in the matter. Rape victims don't get anywhere from saying no. No one expects getting pregn..."


It is the same thing. A LIVING being is being slaughtered.


message 44: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 69 comments Hai wrote: "Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Then they should've thought about that beforehand."

Not everyone has a choice in the matter. Rape victims don't get anywhere from saying no. No one expects getting pregn..."


Who says I'm not? I'm saying on topic.


message 45: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) I'm sorry, it's a little difficult to determine which parts of my posts you were replying to, so I'll do the best I can to extrapolate... Feel free to correct me if I'm quoting the wrong things.

---

Hai wrote: "Not everyone has a choice in the matter. Rape victims don't get anywhere from saying no. No one expects getting pregnant when they're using contraceptives, but these are not 100% effective. Unexpected pregnancies happen. If you're expecting everyone who doesn't want to get pregnant should stay abstinent, what society are you living in?"

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "I am living in this world but I am not of this world. "

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You're living in this world but you aren't of this world? This doesn't make much sense... sort of sounds like you immigrated to this planet...

---

Hai wrote: "Slight correction here, They aren't killing a child. They're aborting a fetus. They're negating the child's existence. Not the same thing."

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "It is the same thing. A LIVING being is being slaughtered. "

Actually it isn't. The difference between these two could be explained with this:

A woman was told that her brother died yesterday.

A woman was told that she almost had a brother, but he was aborted.

One of these instances is going to be very heartbreaking for her. The other is just a matter-of-fact knowledge that she's getting.

---

Hai wrote: "Here's a question I posed before but I didn't get an answer to...

There are so many people suffering in the world right now, in this country alone, why aren't you as concerned with these people? There are people starving in the streets, and people just walk by them, not giving them a second thought. They have emotions. The can feel pain. They're alive, with birthdays, birth certificates, and a social security number, why aren't you speaking out for these people? Is it because they aren't as cute as babies? "


Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Who says I'm not? I'm saying on topic."

Well, the crux of your argument is that all life is sacred. why do you care more about these "deaths" than these other ones, in which actual people are actually suffering from right now? Is it because this one requires you to give less of yourself than it would to, say, giving a homeless guy $5.

I'm not saying that you don't care about homeless people, let's put that out there. But I don't see you crusading for these guys, or death row inmates, or whatever. You're just saying that these unborn children, these fetuses, have more right to live than these other guys. Which isn't right.

Either all life is sacred or none of it is.


message 46: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
you don't know her maybe she does give $5 to that homeless guy. maybe she supports a little kid in africa. and plus maybe the most she can do for a life on earth is stop abortion. its easier to convince a mother not to abort her baby than a country government to feed a nation


message 47: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 69 comments Hai wrote: "Not everyone has a choice in the matter. Rape victims don't get anywhere from saying no. No one expects getting pregnant when they're using contraceptives, but these are not 100% effective. Unexpected pregnancies happen. If you're expecting everyone who doesn't want to get pregnant should stay abstinent, what society are you living in?

Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "I am living in this world but I am not of this world. "

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You're living in this world but you aren't of this world?
This doesn't make much sense... sort of sounds like you immigrated to this planet..."

No that isn't what I mean.


message 48: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
I get what you mean. where your on this planet (duh) but not apart of the society that the world has created


message 49: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 69 comments Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "It is the same thing. A LIVING being is being slaughtered.

Hai wrote:
Actually it isn't. The difference between these two could be explained with this:

A woman was told that her brother died yesterday.

A woman was told that she almost had a brother, but he was aborted.

One of these instances is going to be very heartbreaking for her. The other is just a matter-of-fact knowledge that she's getting."

No. It's still a death. It's still a life taken.


message 50: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 69 comments Paigetwo *Caitlyn* wrote: "Who says I'm not? I'm saying on topic.
Hai wrote:
Well, the crux of your argument is that all life is sacred. why do you care more about these
"deaths" than these other ones, in which actual people are actually suffering from right now?
Is it because this one requires you to give less of yourself than it would to, say, giving a
homeless guy $5.

I'm not saying that you don't care about homeless people, let's put that out there. But I don't
see you crusading for these guys, or death row inmates, or whatever. You're just saying that
these unborn children, these fetuses, have more right to live than these other guys. Which
isn't right.

Either all life is sacred or none of it is."

All life is sacred. I just like to stick to the topic that is actually being discussed and not go off course. Of course I care about those things. And you don't know what I do.


« previous 1
back to top