Our Shared Shelf discussion

Chat and Meet for "Country Here" > Feminism in Chile

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayse (new)

Kayse Maass | 9 comments I'm traveling to Chile soon and would love to read some books from Chilean feminist authors or books related to feminism in Chile. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I currently have My Invented Country: A Nostalgic Journey Through Chile by Isabel Allende on my reading list, but that's it!

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 11 comments The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende could be a good choice. Even though she was born in Peru, she is cosideres one of the best writers in Chile.

Gabriela Mistral is a must!

message 3: by Kayse (new)

Kayse Maass | 9 comments Many thanks! I didn't realize Isabel Allende was born in Peru-- thanks for the insight!

I will look into Gabriela Mistral!

message 4: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (msnabigail) I suggest Gabriela Mistral, María Luisa Bombal, Marcela Serrano and Teresa Wilms Montt. How did you like Chile?

message 5: by Kayse (new)

Kayse Maass | 9 comments Natalia wrote: "I suggest Gabriela Mistral, María Luisa Bombal, Marcela Serrano and Teresa Wilms Montt. How did you like Chile?"

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I really enjoyed my time in Chile and spent most of my visit in an area that gave me a lot of opportunities to practice my Spanish.