Authors-Readers Connect discussion

Horror/Suspense/Thriller/Mystery > Self-Promo For Authors

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Kummer | 622 comments Mod
**If your book is in multiple genres, feel free to add it into both. Example: Paranormal Romance could be promoted in both the Horror/etc. folder and the Romance/Love folder**

**If your book doesn't fall into one of these folders and another must be created, please leave a note in the QUESTIONS FOR MODERATOR folder and I will add that genre asap**

In this folder, readers will come to find books for these genres. Feel free to self-promote your work in any reasonable way.

ONE RULE: Please only submit your promotions into the folders that actually coincide for your book. Example: Don't promote a Fantasy book in the Literary/Children's section.

Any promotions are allowed. Make a new thread for a free book giveaway your having, an author event coming up, anything of that sort. And direct your friends back to this group so even more people will see your promotions!!!

message 2: by Gonzalo (new)

Gonzalo Guma | 2 comments Hi Everybody! How are you? This short story is a gift for you. I hope you like it, and if you do, be sure to COMMENT and SHARE. Thanks very much! Gonzalo
https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

message 3: by David (new)

Fantastic Gaines :) If you'd like, you can repost this in it's own thread in the appropriate category.

message 4: by Judith (new)

Judith Liebaert | 1 comments Hi all, just joining this group. If I understand correctly, this is the place to promote a book. Tellectual Press has recently released my crime novel, Sins Of The Fathers, inspired by a 50-year-old cold case in my home town of Superior, WI. It is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle versions. You can read some reviews there, and also read a portion of the book with the "Look Inside" feature.

https://www.amazon.com/Sins-Fathers-J...

message 5: by David (new)

Hey Judith! You can actually make your own thread if you like by clicking on the folder name (Horror/Suspense/Etc.) and clicking new topic.

Anyways, we're glad to have you and your novel looks really interesting. How much research did you do on this book, as you said it was inspired by a real case?

message 6: by Jason E. (new)

Jason E. Fort (fortress23) | 6 comments FYI: This goes to my FREE Misguided: The Jesus Assassin download on Nook...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/misgu... Misguided - The Jesus Assassin Edition The Knox Mission by Jason E Fort

message 7: by Martin (new)

Martin Kendall | 2 comments Hi, I would like to promote my new book, The Freedom building. It is a psychological thriller involving modern day themes such as terrorism, corporate power; the stifling of free speech, integrity, individuality and creativity by: political correctness, groupthink, the media etc. It is complex novel about thwarted aspiration, inspiration and the consequences. Here's the blurb:

'When small-time architect John Gowan awakes in hospital with amnesia, he learns he is the designer of a world-famous building, replacing one destroyed by terrorists. But his world becomes a nightmare when a spiralling darkness stops him from seeing or remembering anything about the building, threatening his very existence if his secrets are exposed. Expected to fulfil his responsibilities with the media, his client, his own company and personal relationships, he desperately seeks the truth before it’s too late.'

I hope you read it, and if at the very least it makes you think, please recommend it to others.

Martin Kendall

message 9: by R.S. (new)

R.S. Merritt | 11 comments Book 6 Of the Zombies! Series Now Live on Amazon!

description

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087LBTB94/

Enjoy the ride!!!

Check out the whole series!

A Small World (Zombies! #1) by R.S. Merritt Against the Current (Zombies! #2) by R.S. Merritt Violence Solves Everything (Zombies! #3) by R.S. Merritt Nowhere To Hide (Zombies! #4) by R.S. Merritt Greater Love Hath No Man (Zombies! #5) by R.S. Merritt

message 10: by Gordon (new)

Gordon Vanstone | 2 comments Rainy Day Ramen and the Cosmic Pachinko by Gordon Vanstone Rainy Day Ramen and the Cosmic Pachinko by Gordon Vanstone

A delightfully debauched, spiritual quest through a hallucinatory Japan of cursed gaijin houses, seedy hostess bars, a Beatles-themed McDonalds, mysterious internet cafe denizens, and one seriously pissed off cat.
Charging through Shinjuku's neon jungle, enveloped in a boozy, nicotine-stained haze, past and present collide as an empty orchestra croons a slow dance of people and place, memory and madness, loss and love. All the while, Fred struggles to be an agent of his destiny and not another ball bearing bouncing through the cosmic pachinko.
Rainy Day Ramen and the Cosmic Pachinko is told as a uniquely clever mix of Murakami-esque magical realism and gonzo Japan travelogue. Nimbly structured and loosely presented as a modern mash-up of Homer's Odyssey and Murasaki Shikibu's The Tale of Genji.

message 11: by Mike (last edited May 07, 2021 10:51AM) (new)

Mike | 4 comments I'm here to promote my latest book - Lake Stories: The 60's. This is the first in a series about enjoying and surviving life in a neighborhood on a lake - an evil lake at that.
Lake Stories: The 60's is a coming of age tale, learning lessons in general, with my best attempts at humor, and lessons about the dangers of superstition surrounding this Crow Lake.
Please check out the review from Windy City Reviews (The Chicago Writers Association):review

Lake Stories is available at Amazon or Barnes.
Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/Lake-Stories-6...

Free from Kindle Unlimited or 2.99 US
Paperback also available at both locations.
Published by Pen It! Publications.

Thank you

message 12: by Racheal (new)

Racheal Perez | 3 comments Hi all. I'm promoting my book 'The Other Woman'. It's the first book in the series and it's a murder mystery.
Here is a short Blurb

To Speak Up For Justice? Or To Keep Silent For The Family's Unity? It's A Choice Kyle Black Will Have To Make, And Quick, Before The Choice Is Made For Him.

You can have apeak into the book on Amazon. Did I also mention? It's free on KU!

https://www.amazon.com/Other-Woman-Or...

message 13: by Nenny (new)

Nenny May (nennymay) | 1 comments description

From the Amazon Bestselling author of Missing, comes a riveting new psychological thriller.

Tillamook county, Northwest Oregon had been lulled, a slumber gradually trailing the brisk night when an unthinkable tragedy sends a tremor through the district. Blake Campbell an antique storekeeper had been found lacerated in a threadbare wedding dress in the heart of her late husband's home on Miller Avenue.

And four women find themselves tied to the investigation.

Detective Rachel Olson believes it’s a wedding night gone wrong. Criminal law professor Claire Fisher thinks it’s the ex-wife. Psychologist Lisa Patterson is convinced it’s the disturbed son. And District Attorney Regan Sinclair has her money on the governor.

Four perspectives and a killer on the loose.

Miller Avenue Murder

message 14: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Russell | 1 comments Hi,

I’ve always been a huge fan of slasher movies and horror and back in the late 90s when I was a teen myself, I took influence from the genre and started to write a series of stories about a young girl being stalked by a crazed serial killer in a mask. At the time I did not realise I was creating something for the Young Adult reading community.

Never did I believe I would get to share these books with anyone until the day I read about self publishing. This suddenly gave me the chance to pull the books from the loft, dust them off and make some edits (not too many as I wanted to keep the essence of my teenage self that wrote them).

I’ve now uploaded them to Amazon but I find self promoting to be the most difficult stage. I designed some nice covers and I use my Instagram account to try and attract my demographic but getting my book out to the people who I want to read it is proving more difficult than I thought.

So now I’m trying groups on here to see if anyone has any advice?

Below are two links to my collection, one for Amazon.com and one for Amazon.co.uk

https://tinyurl.com/The-Cursed-Series

https://tinyurl.com/The-Cursed-Series...

I appreciate any genuine reviews. These books were made for anyone who is a fan of horror and teen slasher and who may have stayed up and watched the films when they shouldn’t have! They are meant to be what they are. Short, snappy, silly but most of all slashery!!!

Thank you for reading this post.
T