Broken BookClub discussion

The Perks of Being a Wallflower > Part 4 & Epilogue/ Whole book discussion

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Broken (new)

Broken  Bookshelf (thebrokenbookshelf) | 36 comments Mod
Use this board to discuss your thoughts on part 4 & the epilogue! Also share your thoughts on the novel as a whole here.

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Apr 28, 2016 08:17AM) (new)

Rebecca (booknester) BEST 2 LINES OF THE BOOK - from what became my favorite Character... "you can't just sit there and put everybody's lives ahead of yours and think that counts as love." and "If someone likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am." Both said by Sam, who became the character that I saw the most from in terms of helping Charlie not taking from him, most of the other characters took from Charlie. Overall, I think I read this book too late in my life, I think this book would have been shocking and would have felt so honest and I could have identified with the characters more if I had not long ago gone through that period of my life and now reside distantly on the other side (i.e. I am old). Additionally, I just could not resonant with the thought that all the issues that were experienced by Charlie either personally or in his imitate circle of friends, would be experienced within 1 school year. I am glad that I read the book, after hearing it referenced so many times, just a shame that it had not been much earlier. Perhaps the biggest thing that struck me is that this book is for the Young Adult (Ages 13-17) and it does not candy coat any of the serious topics but the main character (age 16) seems so comfortable with all of it , but is at the same time sooo naive.